Is Hoss really slower than RX-20?

Name
Steve Lawrence
One poster in a previous thread claims the Hoss is 1/3 the cleaning speed of an RX-20. That seems awfully slow and I can't imagine how the two could be so different to operate. He did say that the Hoss seemed to clean a lot better, too. I guess at 1/3 the rate of moving the unit that would obviously be true.

Those with experience with both care to comment?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'd find that really hard to Believe. Granted I'm not on a truck all day but in my experience running rotaries of all types and especially the RX-20 (10's of Millions of sq ft) I do not think it is faster then any of the rotaries. I will go on record that it is the best tool for very low commercial carpets because of the floating heads that follow the conture of the uneven concrete. That is its only advantage. The HOSS should be neither slower nor faster then any other tool when used properly. The over all advantages of a lighter tool and superb cleaning and extraction on residential far out way the short comings on a limited number of commercial carpets. If your buying one rotary buy one of the new lighter rotaries unless you 90% commercial then buy an RX. If you like toys and have the money buy one of all of them :) p.s. I'll be happy to make you a package deal on an RX,hoss,Trex,360i package :)

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Most of the big hitters here are using their wand 70 percent of the time. So use your head on this. 30 percent of the carpet they are cleaning hasnt been cleaned in seven years so they pull out their board favorite rotarie of the month . Of course its going to take longer cuz the shit is trashed. I was slammed this week with five jobs and did not need a rotarie this week cuz nothing was trashed. Its good that John came clean to tell you basically all he needs is a credit card number.

Golden Boy

Mikey P

Administrator
Put a clear vacuum tube and a mindful operator behind it, and I would guess all the 15 inch tools function at virtually the same rate.

A clear tube on the OG twin-hed Rotovac could have saved it's reputation.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Most of the big hitters here are using their wand 70 percent of the time. So use your head on this. 30 percent of the carpet they are cleaning hasnt been cleaned in seven years so they pull out their board favorite rotarie of the month . Of course its going to take longer cuz the shit is trashed. I was slammed this week with five jobs and did not need a rotarie this week cuz nothing was trashed. Its good that John came clean to tell you basically all he needs is a credit card number.

Golden Boy
I agree totaly. After owning a 360i and just picking up a rx I gotta say that I feel like the rx hasnt got enough cred for being built like a tank. mY 360i started falling apart after less than a year. The rx might be a pain in the azz to drag up a flight of stairs but Ill trade that anyday to know that it will last me 10 or 15 years or more. I have a real hard time seeing a 360i stand up to the punishment for that long. Also when I would hear the cheap little motor buzzing around on the 360i it reminded me of a cheap remote control car motor. Rx clearly has more power

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I really don't want to get into the whole rotary fight here but I'll provide some specs for consideration. The HOSS operates at 144 RPM, the RX, 120 ( these are under load conditions). The shoes on HOSS "float/flex" just as far as the star on the RX does, it is just accomplished a different way. All Sapphire products are engineered for a minimum of 10 years uninterrupted operation. Now that doesn't mean parts won't wear from abrasion or belts won't stretch on TM's, but we look at every product we make with the same commitment to our customer that Dri-Eaz has for 33 years and going strong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom