Is imitation the greatest form of flattery or are they just scumbags?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I guess I have finally arrived. The largest cleaning company in the county just totally ripped off the content on my website. Things should get fun. What woud you guys do if it happened to you? This is an example. This comes off my 10 step cleaning process and they have a new magic 12 step one. Mine is first theirs is second

• Step 2 Commercial Pre-vacuum An often overlooked, but important step in carpet cleaning. Our commercial-grade vacuum will remove fine soil and hairs that are not typically removed during the extraction process.
[h=3]Step 2 Commercial Strength Pre-vacuuming:[/h]An often overlooked, but important step in carpet cleaning. Our commercial-grade vacuum will remove fine soil and hairs that are not typically removed during the extraction process. This will result in a greater cleaning experience.

Another one which is really funny. again mine is first.

[h=3]Our 10 Step Carpet Cleaning Process leaves your carpets clean and soft. They dry faster and the stay clean longer![/h]

Our 12 Step Value Added Carpet Cleaning Process leaves your carpets clean and soft. They dry faster and the stay clean longer!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The funny thing is that I have a typo in that line. and they didn't even take the time to proofread the plagiarized content[/FONT]

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just had a client tell me last week that one of our competitors just wrapped their vans in Blue...but they had to get up close to read who it was....

I have not seen their carpet cleaning van yet, but I figure if you can't read it, just another Blue van running around town that people might think it is us with another van.

Make lemonade out of Lemons....

Mark Saiger

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
So easy to do and everybody claims they started the five-step, 10 step, 100 step cleaning process. I personally don't think it's any big deal and nothing to let rent space in your head

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
creating the 5 10 and 100 step process in not copywrite. Using descriptions of my process cut and paste is copywrite. Using your reasoning a murder mystery novel shouldn't be copywrited because murder mysteries have been around a long time. But if the murder mystery is copied word for word and published as unique content that is copywright infringment.

FredC

Village Idiot
Richard is right.
No he didn't invent the idea of listing his steps but what he did do is write original/unique copy for his websites. Websites that are ranked very highly in his service area at least in part because of that copy.That copy has been stolen and now a competitor ranks well because of it.........

I would even go as far as saying there are damages.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Thank you very much for the compliment, My web guy is brilliant, seriously, brilliant. He should get all the credit.

I always take time now and then to look at all my main competitors to see how they are doing. This paticular one has risen in the rankings so I did some poking around to see why. I actually noticed a few days ago that they did the 12 step process and 6 reasons to use them to one up me. When I started looking closer I noticed the copy and paste material.

An easy way to find people that are scraping your content is something called copyscape. just put in your website and it will bring up other websites that have material that is the same. 10 step process isn't considered copied, but if a large phrase or sentence is exactly the same it could pop up. Funny after this happened I found someone else that literally copied and pasted my entire process on his site, even the custom logo I had created for it. He received a phone call.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thank you very much for the compliment, My web guy is brilliant, seriously, brilliant. He should get all the credit.

I always take time now and then to look at all my main competitors to see how they are doing. This paticular one has risen in the rankings so I did some poking around to see why. I actually noticed a few days ago that they did the 12 step process and 6 reasons to use them to one up me. When I started looking closer I noticed the copy and paste material.

An easy way to find people that are scraping your content is something called copyscape. just put in your website and it will bring up other websites that have material that is the same. 10 step process isn't considered copied, but if a large phrase or sentence is exactly the same it could pop up. Funny after this happened I found someone else that literally copied and pasted my entire process on his site, even the custom logo I had created for it. He received a phone call.
So I shouldn't copy it exactly if I want to fly below the radar? :p

The collaboration work between you and your web guy came out great! I like how clean your site looks, very professional! :icon_cool:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I keep as much shit secret as possible!

I even keep crappy chems towards the front incase someone gets nosey around my rig.

Of course I honk and wave at all the other TM's I pass too.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

Have you spoken with the owner yet or emailed him your complaint?

He might not even know, pretty commonplace for web people to just copy/paste from other sites. Some business owners barely even pay attention.
I would at least contact the owner first.

Name
George Valliant
call him up or go to his office, introduce yourself and explain to him what you told us. If he's got a heart he'll understand where you're coming from and re-do his site so not step on your toes. have a witness at all times.

if he wants to be macho then put on your boxing gloves, drag his ass to court and have him explain to the judge why he's got the same typo. It don't cost much and you can do it yourself. even if you lose it will send a clear message not to screw w/ you in the future and he'll think twice before ripping you off again. or, you can run it past an attorney.

unless you fight back he's gonna think your a punk.

do-you-feel-lucky-punk1.png

make sure to document the phone conversation or the in person meeting and have a witness with you.

Usually, these things don't turn into a huge pissing match especially when they know they're in the wrong. you just need to call them out on it. speak softly and carry a big stick. a big stick, then knock his teeth out w/ it if he wants to be tuff guy.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And I saw NO mention of SKIN FLAKES either............................

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I am still deciding what to do. The big problem is this company is a multi million dollar company with huge financial resources.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends on how much it bothers you. I think they will alter the text if you let them know what was done. As far as actually going to court? Probably not worth that if it were me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom