Is it ethical for Suppliers to bang on one another here?

Mikey P

Administrator
I see Olson and banging Cobb's business practices, BP prick teasing Jon Don, Forsythe/CCS telling WOC that their truckmounts are a joke and on on and so forth.

Must be tough out their in the sales world.

How come Pemberton never whips his dick out?

Do you rag on your competitors to your perspective clients?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It is ethical and to be encouraged for anyone and everyone to state their opinion here whether they're cleaners or suppliers or manufacturers. That's what this place is all about. The question is is it wise? I have found stating my opinions around my customers can create some awkward moments, and some stopped calling me.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
fred boyle said:
if they didn't it would be just too boring around here
Even Brevik capitalizes the T and the B. Shape up Mr. B or there will be no half price drink(s) for you.

Island Boy
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS No banging or beating from me. Maybe an occasional snarky put down of Scotty W now and then but only because Scott and I are good friends AND this is Mikeysboard after all. I expect the same from him. Even though it hurts when he says, "We won't make you sit in a chair for five days ..." because we had to turn the lights off Friday afternoon to get Scott out of Jon-Don since he loved his SFS seminar so much ...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
would this be a good place to introduce my new Genies.......

genies2.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn Bawb, you're getting as bad as T and I. Spammer! shiteatinggrin j/k

If I was in a suppliers store and they started ragging on other suppliers. I probably wouldn't be back.
Usually it's their own inadequacies that create the anger that makes them do it.

Here on Mikey's Board....it's just business as usual. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is talking about rubbing Bawbs unit really appropriate for this forum? :shock:
And I surely don't want to know what will pop out of it when someone does it. :shock: :shock:
Something tells me it would be dapper dan. :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
nothing has come out of the top of Bob's unit in a long long time, regardless of time spent rubbing.

I think some suppliers were called on the carpet off the boards during the EZaster

Name
Lee Stockwell
I hope all feel free to express themselves. I think Steve T demonstrated a balanced way to handle the give and take here (and the rest of the real world).

I respect most of the suppliers here, even though each has a different personality, different hot buttons, and different responses when provoked.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Well said Lee- we all have hot buttons and sometimes may say/do things we regret (or not regret).

I personally am not a fan of talking negative about a competitor and would also shy away from one who does. I like that Art, Jamie, Bawb, Scott Rendall, and a few others that in our market can play nice (with some fun sometimes) and be competitors.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
nothing has come out of the top of Bob's unit in a long long time, regardless of time spent rubbing.

I think some suppliers were called on the carpet off the boards during the EZaster

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say the bottom of the unit give the direction it's pointing?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It may or may not be ethical, but I suspect it's useless or even counterproductive. If one USER says something negative, I barely notice. If two or three USERS are saying the same thing, I start to pay attention. If i's a competitor, not even on the radar. In fact, I might even start to wonder if the competitor is a little nervous - maybe what they're ragging on is so good it's actually a threat to them.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Let me take all the drama out and explain the realtionship between me and the other suppliers who post here. (Well all except for Joe, because I don't even understand our relationship.)

Larry Cobb and I both try to give everyone good technical advice even if we do sometimes disagree becuase of our personal biases. Whatever we post, we think is in the best interest of cleaners and hope that it also sells a few products.

As Steve T says, we are good friends. We knew each other before we joined our different employers and even his incessent P.S. plugs have not spoiled the freindship. The give and take is all in fun.

While I look for opportunity to preach about the wonderful products Bridgepoint makes, I don't recall ever making a post that degraded a competing product.

I did once post that Bridgepoint's Encapuclean Green DS was equal to Releasit. Rick viewed that as a put down of his proudct, but our friendship has managed to survive even that rough patch.

John Olsen and I have disagreed on more than one occassion, but I would still call him a friend and I think he would do the same for me.

Jim Pemberton has no need to bang on other suppliers. As his Interlink rep, that is my role. Sort of like Jim's "beard."

If Shawn Forsythe knocks any other suppliers product, it is only because it really deserved it.

Even though some real jerks and idiots have been known to post here on Mikey's board, I rarely call them out by name.

Several of us who are competitors will probably get together for a drink or a meal in Las Vegas next week. Mike, you can be sure no "banging" will occur. But we may tray to steal a sip of rum from Shorty or Jim.

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't get me wrong, I highly encourage AND enjoy the dialogs between the Suppliers and manufactures here.

Lets just say that the WOC boys dont play fair in their pajamas..

Name
jack zerkie
Sorry guys I was just foolin. Barbara Eden was a Genie on a program back in the 60,s. The master would rub the Genie bottle and a WOW blonde would be there at the masters comand. I forgot how old I am so sorry Bob you have a great unit, even if you don,t have to rub it to start it. jz.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Can't say I pay any attention to the suppliers pissing matches.....what matters to me is if a supplier is a problem solver......if I have a problem with something I just want it solved so I can go on......

TimP

I can understand a supplier plugging what they sell. But when you come on here and have attitude that makes me think. What happens if I have a problem and I need something fixed under warranty or whatever. Are they going to blame me and not take care of me when they can't even act professional. The suppliers job is to take care of their customers. Just like it's our job to take care of ours. We jump through hoops many times to make our customers happy, that's how you make a good name for your business. So should the people who sell to us because it makes perfect business sense.

Now the instance of my lease, I am unhappy with the way the company is handling my lease. They don't want to jump through hoops to help me and I'd go so far as to say that they miss lead me. I wont do business with them ever again because they were shady. It's in "their" best interest to work with me to make me happy. I'm not trying to make it so that they don't make money on the deal I just want to be treated fair. Companies that have this mentality don't deserve to do business.

I also want to be treated fair on price. The supplier I get my stuff from, other than the Judsons cause they don't sell some things I need, give me a great price and great customer service. And as soon as they don't, I'll look else where. Cause that's what I did to the first company, the one I bought my TM from. I no longer buy from them because they have poor customer service and have sleazy sales practices. It doesn't take long for a "repeat" customer to figure you out.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
scottw said:
Several of us who are competitors will probably get together for a drink or a meal in Las Vegas next week. Mike, you can be sure no "banging" will occur. But we may tray to steal a sip of rum from Shorty or Jim.
Count me in, Scotty.

Steve
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Scott, have you seen our new "Clean Talk" blog on the SFS site. It is sort of our take on the popular NPR program, Car Talk. Check it out: http://sfs.jondon.com/6337/blog/technic ... jondon-com

Do you think Doyle would mind if you moderated this column for us? (In your off time, of course.) Let's talk about it in Vegas. Even though if you take this SFS gig ya gotta get a better spell checker, buddy!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't know about ethical, but for me it's a turn off and I'm less likely to do business with them.

G

Mikey P said:
Don't get me wrong, I highly encourage AND enjoy the dialogs between the Suppliers and manufactures here.

Lets just say that the WOC boys dont play fair in their pajamas..

What do us boys do that we don't play fair?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think a lot gets lost in transition because this is the internet. But the blatant slamming of a competitor I think is wrong. A lot of us look down on slamming our competition, I look at it the same way with distribs too.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'm a mikeysboard member first supplier second. I say what I feel way to fast sometimes but you will always know where I stand. I am firecly loyal and my decision on not based on what will make ME the most money but what I feel is the right decision. Does this mean im always right? Hell no. I apologies A LOT for being wrong but. Doese this mean I might lose a few "customers" ? If it does then they would never have been my customers anyway. Besides I have friends not customers.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Reveal everything there is to know about yourself and let the chips fall where they may. - Anthony Hopkins (Meet Joe Black)

lance

The real question should be "can the suppliers here OBJECTIVELY see both their own products and those of others as good or bad?"

One of the biggest reasons salespeople are frowned on by many is that they only want to make a sale for the commission, instead of really listening to the customer and HELPING them to get the best that they NEED.

When a customer is thinking of buying something, especially a service, it is because they have a problem that needs solving. And by wanting to buy from a certain business, they are trusting the salespeople to help them make an intelligent and informed decision. A lot of sales people don't make that happen.

On this board we have some of the cream of the crop in both sales and service giving us a look into their world.....and i think they all do a great job doing that. If you can make a statement and back it up with logically reasoning, then you aren't making a snap judgement or a one-sided argument. Having a lot of great cleaners and sales people makes this board even stronger and with a lot more healthy debate...would you come here if there was no debating?

A great example is Cooper......for some reason he just couldn't accept real critisism about Nick's machines or his previous decisions on how to make the machines. Instead, Cooper attacked everyone who hadn't bought or used an EZ for some time, all the while assuming that he knew better than everyone here on the board. And look what it got him.....few people are willing to listen to him because of his lack of objectivity about the machine. And he is a salesman selling that same machine.

Is that great customer service or just "salesmanship"??????

Mikey P said:
I see Olson and banging Cobb's business practices, BP prick teasing Jon Don, Forsythe/CCS telling WOC that their truckmounts are a joke and on on and so forth.

Must be tough out their in the sales world.

How come Pemberton never whips his dick out?

Do you rag on your competitors to your perspective clients?

Is it ehical to accuse someone of being homosexual?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It shouldn't matter what your sexual preference is as a supplier as a cleaner or as an individual, it's a personal decision.

There is a lot of joking that goes one here, I assume it's just as it is with weight, fat or skinny, hair or lack of it, short and height, religion, ethic background, political affiliation.

It's open season, if you have thin skin, you either have to suck it up, or pack it in. (no sexual references intended) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom