Is it my fault?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
steven no they dont have anything on the back of them..but call me and i will fill you in..

gary i still say you can go screw some fruit and i still think you are goofy however everything i have learned has been from someone else...books, classes, working with someone, or just throwing things at people and getting feedback..i come up with lots of my own stuff but always find people better than me to run it by and get feedback for tweeks.
so how i feel about you has nothing to do with my desire/obligation to pass what i have learned and experienced on to others that need it.
take the help if you want, i dont really care. i get about 2 calls a month from someone with business questions and do everything i can to help them.
but make sure you know even though you are goofy and need to get laid our phone call WILL NOT be anything other than a business call..i will not play, screw, mess or aggravate you that is reserved for the boards.
dave

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
but make sure you know even though you are goofy and need to get laid our phone call WILL NOT be anything other than a business call..i will not play, screw, mess or aggravate you that is reserved for the boards.
dave
:mrgreen:

Name
I'm Rick James
B&BGaryC said:
The problem is I've been given the right equipment, a stack of business cards and been told, "Go do it."

We do advertising like it's some sort of science experiment instead of something we do regularly. Quite frankly at this point I hate coming to work. I would much rather be cutting the insides out of chickens at a slaughter house if it paid my bills better than this place does. Every time I have an idea it gets shot down, I ask for a wrench and I'm given a hammer, then when I ask for a screwdriver I'm told I was already given a hammer and it didn't make him any money. I'm pissed at myself because I haven't been assertive enough to stand up list what I need to get the job done right.

Any time I tell him I we need to do something to get more customers I am told to lower the prices. I'm just venting. Sorry if only losers whine. Looking at my bottom line is pretty much evidence that I am loser, so I'm gonna complain about it a little bit. I am going to go to SFS, and I am going to come back with a new attitude and implement what I've learned. If I am not allowed to implement what I need to be successful, you will find me over on Erniesboard. It's a chicken slaughtering forum.

Buddy, why are you building up *his* business? To be honest you know what you should do. Tonight write up a business plan and a marketing plan for a business you would start. Find a used TM and van. Get your ducks in a row and go start your own business. Have you goal date to do this be March 1st 2009. Why make money for other people? Make the money for yourself it sounds like you have a handle on what to do. Build a retirment for yourself instead of him, so you can move out of your moms basement. :D

You have the best support in the industry here so make it happen for *yourself*, instead of someone who doesnt appreciate you advice and hard work.

Just a question if you started your own business what would you call it?

Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Brent said:
B&BGaryC said:
The problem is I've been given the right equipment, a stack of business cards and been told, "Go do it."

We do advertising like it's some sort of science experiment instead of something we do regularly. Quite frankly at this point I hate coming to work. I would much rather be cutting the insides out of chickens at a slaughter house if it paid my bills better than this place does. Every time I have an idea it gets shot down, I ask for a wrench and I'm given a hammer, then when I ask for a screwdriver I'm told I was already given a hammer and it didn't make him any money. I'm pissed at myself because I haven't been assertive enough to stand up list what I need to get the job done right.

Any time I tell him I we need to do something to get more customers I am told to lower the prices. I'm just venting. Sorry if only losers whine. Looking at my bottom line is pretty much evidence that I am loser, so I'm gonna complain about it a little bit. I am going to go to SFS, and I am going to come back with a new attitude and implement what I've learned. If I am not allowed to implement what I need to be successful, you will find me over on Erniesboard. It's a chicken slaughtering forum.

Buddy, why are you building up *his* business? To be honest you know what you should do. Tonight write up a business plan and a marketing plan for a business you would start. Find a used TM and van. Get your ducks in a row and go start your own business. Have you goal date to do this be March 1st 2009. Why make money for other people? Make the money for yourself it sounds like you have a handle on what to do. Build a retirment for yourself instead of him, so you can move out of your moms basement. :D

You have the best support in the industry here so make it happen for *yourself*, instead of someone who doesnt appreciate you advice and hard work.

Just a question if you started your own business what would you call it?

Good luck I hope it works out for you.

I told you that Micah can get you in a van and machine!!! If you are making that guy money being his "chimp", why not start your own business!!! I believe you already have been running a business, just not yours!! :shock: You are definately going to get more tools at SFS. Why you would put up with this is beyond me!! :roll:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Gary, I know what your going through buddy. When I was still working for my dad, I had a lost of ideas that I wanted to implement, but we'd butt heads constantly. Has this guy been in business a long time. He may not be as apt to change as you are, i.e. old school ways of thinking.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
c_adkins said:
Gary, I know what your going through buddy. When I was still working for my dad, I had a lost of ideas that I wanted to implement, but we'd butt heads constantly. Has this guy been in business a long time. He may not be as apt to change as you are, i.e. old school ways of thinking.

He knows how to make disasters work. He knows little about carpet cleaning, other than the mechanics of how to do it and that he doesn't want to do it. (He is a fully certified carpet cleaner)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Quite frankly I was so thoroughly disgusted and offended at Dave's remarks on this board I almost unchecked my supporting membership button.

I never thought I would say this, but Dave is actually a nice guy. Thanks for the help.

-Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom