Is it Possible to Reverse Motor Rotation on RX-20

Name
George Valliant
Hey,

I got some tendonitis in my right arm. I think it's from the clockwise rotation of the RX-20. Is it possble to reverse rotation? Skid direction isn't an issue cuz I'm running greenglides on the star. Any suggestions at all? Otherwise, i may not be able to use the RX much longer.

Thank you very much,

Ironically, that is why Im making the switch to rx cuz my back is killin me but my young buck techs will still wand,,,,

Name
George Valliant
You'll like it!

If you plan on running one for any length of time you should consider getting a set of greenglides (the HE requires the conversion kit). They will reduce the amount of torque on your right elbow.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I think the solution is both. Break up the repetitive motions by bouncing from Rx to wand unless the job is big duel wand I switch off switch with my employee

You can’t change the polarity of a single phase motor?
I’ve never done it with an RX 20 I have with my rug duster. Here’s a link for the wire codes…. IF the motor is wired to NEMA standards

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/m ... agrams.htm

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
rhyde said:
I think the solution is both. Break up the repetitive motions by bouncing from Rx to wand unless the job is big duel wand I switch off switch with my employee

You can’t change the polarity of a single phase motor?
I’ve never done it with an RX 20 I have with my rug duster. Here’s a link for the wire codes…. IF the motor is wired to NEMA standards

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/m ... agrams.htm

it is only a single phase motor....120 volt. it has nothing to do with the wiring it has to do with the type of motor......last time I took mine apart it was one hot in and one neutral and no other post....so this being a single phase will not allow you to reverse the rotation.....also if I remember correct the rotation is marked on the tag..one way only........95 % of the motors out there only spin one direction. (unless specifically marked.) even if they are 2 or 3 phase they are clearly state the direction....if you are wiring up a 2 or three phase motor and the direction on the motor indicated clock wise direction and you start it up and it is going counter clock wise then you have to reverse any of the 2 hot wires going in and this will change it to the proper direction.......on a single phase /sing pole ..like the RX..if you reverse the wires ( one hot only) you will burn the wiring field because you just sent it to ground....

polarity..is a entire different ball game...it means keeping all the hots and neutrals the same....
for example..have you ever touched a refrigerator with damp hands and got a slight tingle off of it...?
this is because the outlet has been wired backwards..hot on the neutral side and the neutral on the hot side..so the polarity has been reversed...and you became a ground and that is why you get that tingle...
the neutral wire is no more then a ground that completes a circuit...this is called reversed polarity....

here are more fun facts to know and tell all your friends....
if you look and a transformer charger that charges up your battery sprayers you will see that it has a picture of the negative and the positive on it....If your polarity on your outlet is reversed you are not charging you sprayer to is full capability because you are now reversing the D/C charge which is really picky about how they take there charge...same thing happens when you turn the transformer upside down in the outlet... this will even happen in a cigarette lighter in your van if the negative ground is backwards from the positive feed the lighter does not care which wire is which because when you push it in it just goes to ground and is a controlled short....( for a lack of a better way of putting it )......but when you put in a charger and they are backwards...( reversed D/C polarity ) your battery will not charge to it full charge....
this is why when Ron used his charger from the house the polarity was correct and he has a entire different sprayer that will now hold a charge.....

Name
George Valliant
I wonder if rotovac is a high production machine like a heavy duty RX. When i think of rotovac i think of light duty residential. Is it a high production machine like the RX? (This might even warrant a new thread). if it is, i might be willing to switch. It's certainly worthy of investigating.

Thanks Odin,

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Running any type of rotary puts a lot of stress on your lower back too.
Constant tension on shoulders and muscles from torque.

Gary Bethel

Supportive Member
Name
Gary Bethel
If you were to or could run the RX20 motor in reverse, what Anthony mentioned would be a problem, but I think you will find the spider head will unscrew it’s self as well.

Gary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom