Is it worth the trouble?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
When I install the new blower I was going to change all the pipe from 3.5 to 4. I noticed that I only have 2" filters which won't even feed the 3.5 pipe. I'll need 2, 3" filters to feed 4" pipe. Can you get stainless filters for in the tank that size or will I have to use 4 smaller filters ?

Gene

Farenheit251

I was surprised when I saw the downsizing right out of the blower and then 2 2 inch Flo ezys to feed that blower. My thought are that if you fix that next you will find the plumbing on the blower exhaust is also undersized, fix that and realize the blower is underdriven to work with the original airflow. Regardless you probably have more vac than you can use for single wand as it is.

On my next machine I might go with a 56 blower just so I can underdrive it and get the machine quieter.

Greenie

ahem.....The 4" has the same filter body as the 3"...just marketing, I'd rather have 2 - 2" OR 2 - 2.5" FLOW EZYs. Filter AREA is a big factor when they are 50% dirty.

and I wouldn't be sweatin' the 3" blower pipe, that 56 ain't turning at capacity anyways.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Greenie,
Are you saying that i don't need to feed the new 4" pipe with enough air. i figured regardless of the speed of the blower smaller filters would still starve it. i found the 3" filters so i might as well use them. it will let me ignore them longer between cleanings if nothing else .

i have an rpm meter but i'm not sure if it will work on the blower pulley. i have no idea what it turns at. that would be an easy change

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Greenie,

The engine has an 8" pulley and the blower has a 7" pulley so unless I did the conversion wrong the blower is running at 2800 when it's in dual wand. The max is 2850, so I'd say they are using it all.
I just had it hooked to a computer to check all the sensors and it holds 2450 at high speed and 2250 at single. It did find the air temp sensor was shorted. It's a real pisser that Zeems tapped and used their own sensor. Blueline wants $111 for a $20 dollar part. I took it in but nobody could match it. It's my biggest complaint against manufactures. I had to replace the water pump on the A15 and Blueline wanted $400. I got it from a Nissan forklift company for $102.

Gene

Greenie

GeneMiller said:
Greenie,
Are you saying that i don't need to feed the new 4" pipe with enough air. i figured regardless of the speed of the blower smaller filters would still starve it. i found the 3" filters so i might as well use them. it will let me ignore them longer between cleanings if nothing else .

i have an rpm meter but i'm not sure if it will work on the blower pulley. i have no idea what it turns at. that would be an easy change

Gene

Well....if you got 3" filters and are preparred to do the cut and weld, have at it. But still even if that blower is turning 95%, you will have no problem pulling 500cfm through 4' of 3.5" pipe, don't even sweat it.

At the end of the day your real restriction is the 150' of 2" hose, and then the wand.

I'd fix that some point down the road, could be as simple as this dual 2.5" elbow for your filterbox:

50' of 2.5 per man will have an impact.

BLfilterbox25.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Greenie,

Cutting and welding is definitely going to happen. I have the original tank and it's too dificult to get to the filters to clean.
They changed the design almost immediately on my tank after they realized their mistake. That is the sole reason for the change. I thought while I was at it I might as well go to larger filters. I thought that the 2 2" pipe fittings would restrict the air to the blower. It is very short so maybe it doesn't matter. The 3" have a much larger surface area then what I have so I figured why not. The hard 90 will go to a sweeping one and I'll put a bayco on the new tank lid.

If I'm wrong please let me know and I will save a few hundred for something else. I figure do it right once and never had to fool with again.

What is the correct mesh size for blower screens?

Gene

Greenie

GeneMiller said:
Greenie,

Cutting and welding is definitely going to happen. I have the original tank and it's too dificult to get to the filters to clean.
They changed the design almost immediately on my tank after they realized their mistake. That is the sole reason for the change. I thought while I was at it I might as well go to larger filters.

Gotcha! I must have missed that lil' detail.

I thought that the 2 2" pipe fittings would restrict the air to the blower. It is very short so maybe it doesn't matter.

It does matter, the question comes in "how much", since you said you dual wand a lot, I encourage teh change as that is where it will matter.

The 3" have a much larger surface area then what I have so I figured why not. The hard 90 will go to a sweeping one and I'll put a bayco on the new tank lid.

If your Factory spring will hold 13"HG or so, you probably won't need a Bayco or Kunkle. Once you OPEN UP your plumbing you will show a LOWER HG reading on your gauge anyways, don't be surprised if it shows 8-10" when actually cleaning, espeically if you go all the way and on dual wand run some 2.5" hoses, you may only have your machine "set" at 13"HG but you will ahve 13" AT the wand, which is wicked for recovery.

Most of my guys with 15"HG Bayco valves Never actually trip the valve much on DUAL wand, their GLIDED wands are the relief valves if you follow me.

If I'm wrong please let me know and I will save a few hundred for something else. I figure do it right once and never had to fool with again.

What is the correct mesh size for blower screens?

Whatever Flow-Ezy provides stock, Blower don't actually NEED filters, blower Heat Exchangers and some silencers need filters, your blower will eat carpet fiber, hair and lint for breakfast.

It's the advent of the Automatic Pump out that makes dirty water filtration a big deal, and that is all Pre-blower.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Greenie,

The relief valve is built in to the hard ninety. I could alter it and still use it. I just thought the easy way out would be to buy the bayco.

Gene

Greenie

easy, but not cheap, big blowers require big releif valves. Try and use your spring. I know it's a 90, but it's a BIG 90 to be fair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom