is my parker hose done??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have been using my KMA parker paraflex hose for at least the last 3years, bascially whenever it first was sold. it has been my lead hose so its been used on every job. today I noticed a very tiny stream of spray coming out near the swedge fitting, I thought of pulling out another hose, however it was such a small stream I decided to just leave it and clean anyway as that part of the hose was outside, I finished the job and apparently when the hose gets hot the leak seals itself. so I ran some cool water through it to pin point the leak so I could have the hose re swedged. looking closely there are a bunch of tiny spots where the hose is sweating its evenly spaced like every inch of so, they are very tiny run the spot with your finger and the water goes away for a couple seconds then just slowly comes back. the hose does this for about 3 ft behind the fitting. anyone else seen this, is my hose ruined, do I need to lop off 3 ft, or will I start to see issues with the rest of the hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
anyone else seen this,

yep..that's a characteristic of worn out hose or excessive heat...jacket separation
Since it's on the wand end and not the TM end (where the most heat is) sounds like it stress wear from all the bending/flexing

is my hose ruined, do I need to lop off 3 ft, or will I start to see issues with the rest of the hose.

you fo-sho need to lop off at least 3ft
if there's no jacket separation else where, you should be good awhile longer.

Look over the line thoroughly when under pressure and heat...if you see little "bubbles" ..raised bumps in the outer jacket here and there thru it's length... it's time to replace

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
this end is on the truckmount end, it shows itself with cold water in the hose, then seems to self seal when the heat hits it. the jacket looks just fine, it did bubble just a little where I had the big leak was, which was about 1" back from the swedge fitting, I have never had an issue yet with parker hose, the first stuff I bought nearly 5 years ago from cobb is still going strong, I ran it on the end until this KMA stuff was available, so that has hasn't seen as much use. I just am wondering how much more life I can get out of it, of it its even worth saving, keep in mind this is a 100 ft section, so replacing it will cost a bit.

mikey, I only run about 350 hrs a year cleaning, most of my work is WD, if you blow through parker that fast, I wonder how fast you would tear up goodyear.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
this end is on the truckmount end,

donno where i got the idea it was the wand end.. :oops:

anyway, it's jacket separation from a steady diet of heat above it's rating

cut off the blistered section
lose about 6 ft and re-crimp

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Most thermoplastic hoses have a pin-pricked cover by design. The outer jacket's sole function is to protect the braid from physical damage. The pin holes in the cover permit any leaking from the core tube or swage fitting from building a bubble that might cause physical damages if it were to burst.

You are simply viewing a small leak from the swage or core tube weeping through the pin holes.

TimP

I have a year and a half or so on mine maybe 2 years I don't know for sure. Anyways a few days ago, at the TM mine started leaking from the heat at the TM. I texted Rex and asked where he got his hoses redone. I went there to find out he bought the last 5 of them :shock: .....(Rex likes too much heat). Anyway I had to go to another store and got mine done for $4.14. My hose has a small tiny bubble in a few places from being kinked. I love my Parker hose and I'll buy more once it goes.

TimP said:
I have a year and a half or so on mine maybe 2 years I don't know for sure. Anyways a few days ago, at the TM mine started leaking from the heat at the TM. I texted Rex and asked where he got his hoses redone. I went there to find out he bought the last 5 of them :shock: .....(Rex likes too much heat). Anyway I had to go to another store and got mine done for $4.14. My hose has a small tiny bubble in a few places from being kinked. I love my Parker hose and I'll buy more once it goes.

There is a company here that puts crimps on for 10 dollars but they raised the price to 25 each crimp so I might as well just buy new hose.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I think I've had mine for about 3 years. It leaked on the tm connection for a few months then finally got it re-crimped. No problems so far.

Albert

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I hear good things about parker hose, but isn’t the heat rating a little low (220F I think).

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The heat rating for the Parker 1034HT-4 is +230 at 1750 PSI.

I would go back at least 4', re-swedge from a Parker dealer, and put it back in the shop to use as a backup hose.

Purchase a new hose for your every day use.

Back
Top Bottom