Is my realtor to busy for me?

Becker

Name
Becker
I called him last Thursday. Told him I was ready to list.

Monday he came with the photographer.

As of now I'm still not listed in MLS.

Am I to pushy?

I'd think by now I'd think by now I'd be listed.

I know we have some part time realtors here.

How long does it take you to list a house?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I dont know how it works in your area but around here I think they hold out till the new MLS booklet is ready to print befor they get you listed.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Around here they all do. You can pick that book up at any gas station or store in the county when it comes out.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
It could be I know that only houses on the MLS are listed in there. Its given away free to the public but only a lic realtor can put your house in it.

They dont allow any kind of adds in it at all other than mls listings.

Becker

Name
Becker
The MLS book is a realtor only thing.. Im pretty sure it has been phased out since the internet has taken over.

I recall when I was traying to buy my 1st house at 21 some 14 years ago, a realor client of mine gave me the MLS book. .It was the size of a small town phone book.

Had a ton on info on the properies most buyers would never see. Such as list date, owners phone numbers, full detail.

She even ripped the cover and the back cover off, as it was a realtor book only.

Selling my last house wa sa quick process.

I'm using a client to sell this house.

I just wonder if he is to busy for me.

So far he has not made a dead line.

Over promised and under delivered.

Becker

Name
Becker
We have not hit the market yet.

So I can ssy shit about what he has promised as far as a sale.. in fact he is a smart man. And has not promised anything as far as a sale.

But as far as taking pics he was late. his photo guy was on time.

getting a key, and paper work. late

Sign was to be hung today and lock box... Nope

Listing was to happen today... Nope

Flier proof was to hapen tuesday.. Nope, happend today at noon, and stated I had a 2 car garage, not 3.. no mention of central AC, and a few other minor mistakes.

I'm half tempted to bail before I'm even listed.

lord knows I have a doz more clients who sell homes.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If he is marketing prior to listing to interested people it is a plus that your not on the MLS yet. He is probably trying to block brokers so he doesn't have to share the pot.

I would give it a week and that way your listing will start at 0 days when actually it has been marketed for 7 or so. If it ever got to 45 days people start hammering you on price so you put that day off by 7.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
It takes a few days to get things into RMLS and on web give it a full week then call

My parents (Realtors) have turned away a surprising amount of business lately mostly short sales, unrealistic people with a 500K home 2-3 years ago that think in this market they can 6-700K. Realtors pay out of pocket to promote property they have listed

Name
Bruce
My wife is a realter/realtor , when you put the information into the MLS listing it goes live the second you hit the upload/publish/whateverthehellthebuttoniscalled , sounds like you have a lazy realtor

I'll pm this to Becker.

Becker

Name
Becker
I over reacted.

I went live on MLS about 11:pm last night.

Sign was in the yard before I got home.

Flyers are nice. On card stock, full color, both sides.

Homes in my price range are not moving quick, so it could be a long haul.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mobile homes are considered vehicles and not property.

GRHeacock

Just how much do you expect to lose on this deal?

(Just joking- I hope you make a bundle!!)

And are you also selling your business?

Gary

Name
steve snail
I'm guessing that you have the cleanliness factor dialed into the sweet position. Now is the time to market to the "neat freak" type$.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Gary has a great point to make sure you sell your business as well. Good luck

John Buxton

Realtors are a waste of money without the mls. You can negotiate a better deal now like 5% vs. 7%. They are real hungry. I have bought and sold my last 3 houses by owner and saved thousands. The mortgage company does all the work, realtors are generally lazy and just want listings.

My house is FSBO right now. NO way am I giving away 20,000 in equity. I've offered any realtor $5,000 cash at closing to bring me a buyer.

You can go online and list your house on the mls for 600., or find a realtor that will do it for a thousand then you only have to sell with the buyers realtor and save some jack.

Most buyers come from the internet; Craigslist, Zillow, forsalebyowner.com, fsbo.com.

Stick up a sign, make up a flyer and see what happens.

Name
steve snail
Stick up a sign, make up a flyer and see what happens.

Stick up a sign is right! NEAT FREAKS ONLY, PLEASE! In the very unlikely event that a "marty type" shows up with a certified check, hold you nose and take it! Have seen it over and over and over again, clean sells!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My house has been up for 3-weeks, first week had 12-people visit.

The second week the Realtor had an open house and had over 35-people walk through (some neighbors :x ) but no offers.

Last week 2-visits and another open house with 20-people walk through, still no offers.

One person has visited 3-times a couple of others have made 2- visits but so far not one offer?????

I'd like to sell it, but I'm more annoyed that we have to keep it clean. :wink:

Becker ask him to have an open house once it's listed in the book, that will get you a good start on traffic.

Becker

Name
Becker
I was out of town last Fri-Monday night.

He held an open house Sunday.

Some traffic...

Today another agent had a showing.

I hope it sells, I'm making an offer on a house I looked at Sat, and then again Monday tomorrow. I don't want to miss out on this house, nor do I want to carry 2 mortages for long.

House in question is a 4 bed on 1/2 an acre, vary close to everything, but ona quiet street. 2 car garage, and a perfect spot for a 30x30 or larger shop.

My business here will be sold, not the 1st time I moved and sold a house and business.

I agree, keeping the house spotless clean, beds made, etc will get old soon.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hope you get that one, 2-car garage and 30x30 would be prefect for a business.

It's tougher because three of the four kids are still young enough to create a mess.

Oh, open house again Sunday, hope it sells!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom