Is pre heated water bad for a heat exchanger?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Anything wrong with running hot water out to the tm? Is hot water considered bad for the HX(or anything)?

Sooo, flipping cold and I carry no water, generally hooking up in the home or garage and hoping it don't freeze by the time it gets to the van, warmer water will obviously help with that.

And yes... A supply/garden hose with water flowing will freeze by the time it gets to the truck.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I'm thinking the garden hose connections is what freezes .. the shut off or the connector itself reduce from the 3/4 in to less than 1/4 .. you should put a garden hose splitter at the truckmount with a 10 ft hose leading into the grass area .. open it enough for a slim flow .. that might keep the water from freezing .. you could also wrap foam pipe insulation around your brass parts .. and if you don't have a port hole, use a heavy moving blanket or strip of carpet .. clamp it to the roof rail draped over your van door opening .. that'll keep it warm

You can also wrap a heavy towel around the spigot or grammas afghan

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
When I get to the job, I start up the Genesis, find my water source, connect, and run a hose into the vac port from my courtesy supply hose. Just crack it open....flowing water won't freeze. When ready to clean, and the final supply line is connected, turn off the hose and get to cleaning. Just keep that wand moving.

I don't use hot water into the van because I run a Kinetico water softener, and there is a limit to incoming water temp for the Kinetico.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom