Is Sub-Contracting on a National Level the New Thing?

G

I found a guy Like Brian who is trying to take the whole cake. http://www.carpet-cleaning-masters.com/ I thought it was Brian at first because of the server location. Are sites like this going to be popping up, advertising every city with one toll free number? Does it work? Did this person go to SFS too? ;)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Eric..

Since almost all of these companies....operate through the NET...We have devised ways to
combat their Marketing DECPTION...!

We let the client know work how they operate... :idea:

WITHOUT..."Attacking the company's ability to clean".... :!:

We just ask the customer to call back or e-mail with a FEW ..simple questions.. :wink:

1.Will you be sending an "EMPLOYEE"..or..a "SUBCONTRACTOR"....
2.Will they be arriving in "YOUR COMPANY VEHICLE"....
3.Will they provide me with a copy of "YOUR"..Liabilaty Insurance...
4.Will you provide me with a copy of "YOUR" current business license...
5.Will the price "YOU"...have quoted me be "EXACTLY" what I will pay...
6.Will you provide me with a "In Home Estimate"..PRIOR to scheduling the cleaning...
7.Will you provide me a "PHOTO" of the employee & the equipment...
"That will arrive at my home"...

We EDUCATE the customer..."That if they will NOT provide ALL of these request..."

You probably do NOT want them in "YOUR HOME"... :!:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sadly (or funny as heck) carpet cleaning companies built on this model couldn't clean their way out of a wet paper bag with a company-owned vehicle or a company-owned machine. BECAUSE they don't OWN any.

Much as the MMM mafias in the commercial market they are only brokers of work.

Never a long-term relationship. However many here got their start with such a situation. It's educational.

Thanks,
Lee

joe harper

Name
joe harper
#1...is a CONVICTION...

#2...is a "DEATH SENTANCE"...

For these companies to operate.."THEY CANNOT OWN EQUUIPMENT"... :wink:

We have found that "customers".have been SO OVERSOLD through the years with..
"We are the BEST cleaners in the area". :roll: That they do NOT know who to BELIEVE.. :?

The one thing they can RELATE to...IS..."BEING BURNED"..by companies using sub-contractors...
They see it on all of the Home Improvement TV shows... :idea:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Welcome to the beginning of market saturation, and the devaluing of our services Eric. Get use to it, more and more people are finding that operating this type of company is less expensive then owning the whole lot. Janitorial companies are most familiar with doing this, atleast in my area. As I've talked with many people on the phone, they see it too. Get ready for the market to change pretty dramatically, hope you're ready!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Most of the folks who post on this board won't be affected by these type companies. I suppose those who run multi-trucks at low price points may be threatened.

May be I am naive, but I think there is still a place for those of us who operate above board business' and provide quality work.

And, always will be, I suspect.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Marty is probably right when it comes to owner occupied residential but commercial and even restoration is a different story. As long as this business model works it will be coped. Anyone that dose a decent amount of commercial work will come up against more and more national contractors. I think the subcontracting hurts the residential more by lowering the industry’s image then the amount of work they take from the owner op. I know there are a few like Robinson who really know the business and try to delver excellent service but I doubt it’s the norm.

dgargan

85% of all carpet cleaning that is scheduled is the result of the customer calling because of a referral from a friend, coworker or trusted source. I wouldn't worry about the 15%

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you were more open to taking the work that is offered to, you wouldn't have to worry about quality service to the customer. Some are too proud to accept work from some other company when the bottom line is the same. They have to do it themselves or they feel like they are taking a handout or being taken advantage of.
If all the carpet cleaners would work together, none would have to worry about the big boys.
Newsflash, most of the big franchises use subs when they don't have enough help in house.
Get over it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom