is the little giant 2ht enough heat?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was thinking of getting a 2ht to add to a thrown togather electric tm to do some rentals with the summer. im trying to be cheap and save a buck or two wondering if the 2ht will cut the mustard

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I had a 2ht and then a 3ht hooked up to my cub xl and they both cranked out the heat. I would talk to greenie he walked me through setting them up to maximum heat settings, beyond what comes standard on the unit.

Ryan

There's less than a $100 difference and you almost double your btu's with a 3ht. I like too see some pics of your electric tm if you have it done. :) Dual three stage vacuums?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ryan said:
There's less than a $100 difference and you almost double your btu's with a 3ht. I like too see some pics of your electric tm if you have it done. :) Dual three stage vacuums?
when its all said and done it will be 2 3stage vacs , one 2 stage vac ,and a 3 stage vacuum booster either ran from the van or inline . Auto pump out going to a 50 gal drum and a 50 gallon fresh water drum . it will be rigged up and nothing to write home about but I thought that with the propane heat and not needing to wheel in the porty it will help me increase my production for the time being until I can buy a nice used tm.

Name
Nate W.
juniorc82 said:
Ryan said:
when its all said and done it will be 2 3stage vacs , one 2 stage vac ,and a 3 stage vacuum booster either ran from the van or inline . Auto pump out going to a 50 gal drum and a 50 gallon fresh water drum . it will be rigged up and nothing to write home about but I thought that with the propane heat and not needing to wheel in the porty it will help me increase my production for the time being until I can buy a nice used tm.

Would you be running the cords to the apt or using a generator? Is there something wrong with your Recoil? Seems like you have everything your thinking of doing in the Recoil. Why not just leave the Recoil in the van, run the hose to the 55 drum, auto pumpout, then run your inline booster? Add a little giant heater and your done.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
thats what im gonna do with the recoil. I just need to get the benefit of a tm to get more units done. Im hopin with some good propane heat I wont have to pre scrub every job like I do with the portable.I will have a generator probly running 2 of the 3 cords and run one inside.
Nate The Great said:
juniorc82 said:
Ryan said:

Would you be running the cords to the apt or using a generator? Is there something wrong with your Recoil? Seems like you have everything your thinking of doing in the Recoil. Why not just leave the Recoil in the van, run the hose to the 55 drum, auto pumpout, then run your inline booster? Add a little giant heater and your done.

Name
Nate W.
It'll take alittle longer for the response of the vacuum when you increase the tank size. What size solution pump do you have? It won't compare to a TM but you'll be able to squirt and suck which is the main thing. Flow baby, flow. Are you able to use preheated/warm water? The 2ht is small and cute. I have only ever used 3ht.

Ryan

If your going to use a generater anyways why not stick three or four 3 stage vacs on it?

Name
Jesse
If you do put a fresh tank in your van, you can preheat it while you drive. I put a 55gal drum in our vlm/porty van we are abe to preheat to about 110-120F with about a 40 min drive. Usually the guys let the van idle while loading at the shop then another 10 min at the job.

If you do use a drum make sure it's lined so it doesn't rust. We used juice drums.

Name
Jesse
The same way all pto's get their coolant heat, from the pressure side of the vans cooling system. You can T off of the heater core pretty easy, cause it's already a small line and easy to make fittings for.

Lefty724

Name
E
dave105 said:
I had a 2ht and then a 3ht hooked up to my cub xl and they both cranked out the heat. I would talk to greenie he walked me through setting them up to maximum heat settings, beyond what comes standard on the unit.

I have a 2ht that I use with my Recoil and I think the heat is great. I asked a lot of questions about it too, and everyone said to just get eh 2ht.

If I could do it all over again, I would have got the 3ht.....only $100 more and you can use it for your new TM in the future.

woodsey

If you are going to have any kind of flow at all just get the #3 and be done with it. I have used a #2 and if it was my only heat source it would not keep up.The #3 will give the production you need on the electric set up. I now have a #4 and the heat is 240 at 10 flow 400 psi and production is GREAT. Woodsdey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom