Is there a better male QD?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've had a problem for the last week with the male coupler failing and the rubber o-ring clogging up the QD. Is there one that can take the heat better?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Great site Larry, lots of great products. I hear Viton is best in an oil environment, not so good in alkaline, solvents, water. I know they have a temp. rating of 420 degrees :?:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
0rings are cheap! Why don't more valve, swivel manufacturers use them? :?

Joe Bristor

Just spoke to Doug. He's saying he's got his HX kicking out serious hot, that's what's different.
I'm sending him a sample of the QD I'm proud of.
high density viton, inexpensive.
anybody else wanna try a sample let me know.
I need input from high heat guys.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
joe send me a couple i would like to try them,
and the shoe covers are almost indestructible, i wish i would have had them sooner.

does anyone make a stainless coupler with the blue heat shield?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Send me one I use 235 degrees all day.

I know You have my email because you send me shit all the time.

Ken.

Joe Bristor

"I know You have my email because you send me shit all the time."

Yes, and you have mine too.
And yes, we've communicated back & forth peaceably.
My Q to you is why would any supplier want to help you with the derogatory 'request' you just made of me?

ntcc

I would love to try a sample of them o-rings.. Does anyone by any chance have orings for k-valves that wont burn up within a week?? tired of having the handle peeing on my leg. after 30 hours of use..
I use about 200-230 at the wand.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh hey i would like one to....

and ill ask

pulease :wink:

ill post what i am running on a video.....soon as i figure out how to get it from phone to web :?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Viton orings are dirt cheap. IMHO you should have gobs of them for tool valves, QD's and anywhere there's a ring. I use Teflon grease (a white paste) loaded in a syringe with a long tapered tip. Good for squirting and then spreading around.

Joe Bristor

Noble, You're right.
I sell a little flip-top tub of the white, high heat Teflon grease.
Handy on the truck and in the shop.
Only 5 bucks a tub.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ntcc said:
I would love to try a sample of them o-rings.. Does anyone by any chance have orings for k-valves that wont burn up within a week?? tired of having the handle peeing on my leg. after 30 hours of use..
I use about 200-230 at the wand.

Pat;

There are two upgrades available.
k254kt.jpg

1. Viton seal with nickel-plated stem & viton o'ring.

2. Teflon seal with nickel-plated stem & viton o'ring.
Best to use stronger spring for operation.

Larry

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I don't hear of any issues with Parker Hannifin qd's only time theyget replaced iswhen they are beat to death from being dragged or just plain wore down. I would carry something else if that wasn't the case. I do not offer Chinese QD's other then the new safe connect.!I'm not happy that interlink stopped using Parker for them and let Rob Hanks know how I felt but doubt I'll have much influeance

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Joe Bristor said:
Just spoke to Doug. He's saying he's got his HX kicking out serious hot, that's what's different.
I'm sending him a sample of the QD I'm proud of.
high density viton, inexpensive.
anybody else wanna try a sample let me know.
I need input from high heat guys.

best one out there.........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I agree with Jim. I have been using Joe's quick connects for I guess 3 or 4 months now. I like the fact that they are rebuildable. I have somewhere around 20 of those complete sets, so if anyone in the Alabama area wants to try one, you know where to find me.

Joe Bristor

I tell you what else Rob Hanks knows - Quality Control, something I wonder if you plain old 'distributors' have a clue about.
John, your continual slamming of China - just cuz it's China - is totally closed minded imo.

I am totally focused on the products I sell.
Are you?
Do you touch every QD you sell or do you assume if it's US made it's gotta be good?
Typical US distributor attitude if so.
Only reason any US manufacturing is better than any other manufacturing is cuz of better product, production and quality control.

Noble - Quality viton orings are NOT cheap.
That's one of the few things I buy US made and I still check every one.
Quiz for you salesmen/distributors, do you test for viton?
If so, how?

I test every viton oring and custom make my Teflon seals and use nothing but stainless poppets, springs, and caps.
I don't know of any distributor who does any of this.
And now I got real cleaners attesting to their quality.
Don't wonder why.
It's called quality control.

It ain't hard or expensive, but it does take time & effort. I wanna know who else even does it?
It's what lets me make custom length solution hose and custom colored vac hose without adding extra fees.
Cuz it's me. It ain't China. It's me. Got that?

I put whatever I save from buying China into quality control and still deliver a better product at a better price than any distributor not going to the same effort & expense.

Only thing I don't test anymore is OEM installed orings & seals cuz for the most part they're proving to be consistently better than they used to be. Why? Cuz I gave my suppliers holy hell for years of giving me crappy components. There were times when I'd get a slew of complaints about my vac hose, or my Cool Cuffs or my trigger valves. It always went back to manufacturing - cheap, low quality components they slipped in on me when I wasn't watching. Now that IS China. But it's also US and every other country too. The only way to stop it is to have systems in place testing for this crap.
I DO it.
Do you do it?
I bet not.

Now, if I get complaints like on a trigger valve leaking after just a few months, I just send one of my custom made kits.
No charge.
Who does that?
Do you?
I bet not.

Most suppliers say, oh it must be you. Here, pull out your billfold and buy this new one.

There's only one reason this crap happens - poor quality control in manufacturing. Anymore, I am the Donald Trump of quality control. My customers expect it of me and I expect it from my suppliers. Result? Better stuff at a fair price. Only complaints I hear now is other suppliers pissed cuz I'm taking their customers. Tough luck lazy bones.

P.S. I tell you all something else, and this goes unsolicited, you know the guy Tom the Lumberjack?
This IS a plug and I don't care what you guys think because it's a fact - you people are gonna like his production. Why? Cuz this guy is all about quality and quality control. I never met anybody like him. He lives this shit. So reward him.
Buy his shit.
That's an order.
Do it else you're fired.
- Donald.
lol

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Joe....WTF was that rant? I guess your qd's are made in china and you thougt I was slamming them? Wrong I have/had no idea about your qd's and wasn't comparing anything to your qd's just answering doug's question. $1 a qd ain't worth fighting over and definatly ain't worth getting sucked into one of your rants.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I got tired of the o-ring problem and switched to the green ones for auto ac units. never had a problem since. sorry i didn't know of Joe sooner.

Funny, my first post was looking for Mr. Bristor, didn't know his name then, and I was warned off. wanna guess who?

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom