Is There a Main Clearing "House" For Repo'd TM Equipment?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Instead of checking from bank to bank, leasing company to leasing company, is there any national list, or "clearing house" for repo'd equipment? I've done some searching, but not much has come up. There has got to be some repo'd TM units out there.....how many people tried to get into the business, bought new equipment, and didn't make it.

Been chatting with one member here that has a nice 'ready to roll" unit, because he is downsizing his big trucks.

FredC

Village Idiot
it would be here...but most of the banks and others that have listings do not have feeds enabled

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I actually found quite a few online today with a little googling. If I can find the big TM I want and it's relatively close by, and it's already equipt with what I need, why buy new? I put some feelers out on a few that are within a 100 miles of me, box vans, freshys, APO's, insulated for the nasty ass NE Ohio winters, low miles and low machine hours. Relatively new stuff, but a whole lot cheaper than new. We'll see next week if I get any responses.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Hathaway is the main leasing company for interlink.

I would call Jon Don in Chicago. They have several leasing companies and a few dealerships that help with financing.

I got my 2008 in 2010 this way.

The Jon Don website also lists trucks for sale many times they are repos
she is posting them for Hathaway capital.....may want to email them directly with any questions

http://www.hathawaycapital.com/used-equipment.html

I pm'd her asking that she include more details, contact info, and asking price when posting in the future

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
something to be carefull of buying second hand truckmounts this time of the year is that a lot of companies may not winterize their units and could potentially be damaged from sitting in a parking lot somewhere. I saw this happen at a car lot that had a prochem unit I wanted to see. The funny thing is most car dealers are wired to be retarded assholes and the guy at the lot tried to deny that any harm could come from letting a tm sit in the cold and as he put I was just grabbing at straws to beat him down on his price. Doing all the vct work I do I have almost had to rely on buying used equipment to get the job done, I am a lot more cautious of buying used stuff these days because I have been burned so many times.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

Chris A

Name
Chris
something to be carefull of buying second hand truckmounts this time of the year is that a lot of companies may not winterize their units and could potentially be damaged from sitting in a parking lot somewhere. I saw this happen at a car lot that had a prochem unit I wanted to see. The funny thing is most car dealers are wired to be retarded assholes and the guy at the lot tried to deny that any harm could come from letting a tm sit in the cold and as he put I was just grabbing at straws to beat him down on his price. Doing all the vct work I do I have almost had to rely on buying used equipment to get the job done, I am a lot more cautious of buying used stuff these days because I have been burned so many times.

lol, I got the same run around when I tried to buy back a truck mount that belonged to my company before I bought it. the dealer instead opted to uninstall the unit and sell the van separate

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Ah, so right, Junior. I had a chance to buy a nice unit from out of NY City. Owner claimed it was stored and winterized. A local dealer here bought it and brought it into town. I was there when it was delivered. First thing dealer did was connect water and start it up. (it was a 405 Performer). Water poured out of the exhaust immeadiately. It needed new vac heat exchangers, and a few other items, of which I already had in an old 405 unit. I missed out on that one.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You can wait and wait and wait or just buy new or from someone that has already done the work to the machine. Also I heard there might be a big truck with a big machine for sale soon.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Found out today that a CC'er is moving back to this area from Arizona, and is out of the CC business. 2 trucks, I think. Bane Cleans. Not my cup of tea.

I believe he plans on selling them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom