Is there anything new under the sun?

Mikey P

Administrator
Besides trinkets that make cleaning easier or quicker what do you see as the next BIG thing to hit our industry?

~Will electric Truck Mounts that give the performance of a PTO or Slide In become main stream?

~Will there ever be a excepted high performance low moisture system that works in the home? (that does not require a forked tonged, 30 year vet, master cleaner to present it to the lady of the house?)

~ Will some genius create a system for a multi truck company to be able to command top dollar?

~Will we ever have real cleaners designing our tools?

~Will Jon Don ever get their MEM program out that even Clud Lunchpail from Louisiana can use?

~ Will the other 99.2% of our nation's Carpet Cleaners ever find the Boards and finally get this industry out of the toilet?

~Will the Dixie Mafia ever go away?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I am suprised how few carpet cleaners are involved in the boards. I want to learn everything i can, as do most of the people on here. But i guess most of the cleaners out there just dont care.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Electric yeah, or much smaller and more efficient truckmounts that spew much less crap into the air. Possibly emissions standards for gas tm's. Vlm will start advertising how their systems are better for the environment. If the move is towards green how do we defend our truckmounted systems as they are now?

Albert

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
"...or much smaller and more efficient truckmounts that spew much less crap into the air."

That's my philosophy. Always has been.

~Will electric Truck Mounts that give the performance of a PTO or Slide In become main stream?

100% electric...? First they have to become a reality... and that ain't gonna happen any time soon...

~Will there ever be a excepted high performance low moisture system that works in the home?

I saw one from Germany years ago. Wasn't impressed. Chances are, if one does come out, it will start out as a system that's less intrusive for allergies, asthma, etc., and then gain recognition...

~ Will some genius create a system for a multi truck company to be able to command top dollar?

Zero- Res...(?)

Happens all the time. Getting them made is another thing entirely, though.

~ Will the other 99.2% of our nation's Carpet Cleaners ever find the Boards and finally get this industry out of the toilet?

Highly unlikely. Turnover is too rapid...

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Mikey P said:
Besides trinkets that make cleaning easier or quicker what do you see as the next BIG thing to hit our industry?

~Will there ever be a excepted high performance low moisture system that works in the home? (that does not require a forked tonged, 30 year vet, master cleaner to present it to the lady of the house?)

~Will Jon Don ever get their MEM program out that even Clud Lunchpail from Louisiana can use?

~Will the Dixie Mafia ever go away?

I could see self propelled attatchements, much like the Xtreme and the Rover.

I have a buddy in Spokane, we started the same year. Were pretty close and i have told him about this site for months, and hes still not here!

G

Maybe many cleaners aren't on the boards because they don't know that they are there. I just found out last year. I think Greenie told me after a purchase.
Iv been cleaning for 23 years. Have they ever been placed in Clean Fax, ICS, and so on for promotion ?

The ad could say:
See What Everyone is talking About

Mickysboard.com

For the real news about carpet cleaning to tile to
wood floors. From the experts that live this stuff!

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
did'nt get much sleep did you ...waffle on and on . your mind is like a wes craven nightmare

G

I've been telling cleaners about the BBs for a while now, I only know of one that actually checked it out. And if he ever did post, it was under a bogus name. He used the Red Board to spy on me! :shock:

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
Will electric Truck Mounts that give the performance of a PTO or Slide In become main stream? uhhhh Not until you have a 10 cord ElectroMount......can you say trip hazard or electrical fire (like to see Bill Bane spin that)

Will there ever be a excepted high performance low moisture system that works in the home? (that does not require a forked tonged, 30 year vet, master cleaner to present it to the lady of the house?) High Performance Low Moisture........sort of like "I'm with the government and I am here to help?"

Will some genius create a system for a multi truck company to be able to command top dollar? for a non-franchised company.... Doubt It!

Problem is for top dollar you need top employees. Most top employees will strike out on their own if they are that smart. Unless you have a O/O split profit sharing program. Sort of like the way Chick-fil-A does. I'm not sure of the current figures, but back in the 80's the Operator of a new store put up 5,000 (not sure, but it wasn't a largre franchise sum) and was guaranteed a min. amount of earnings. If the store turned a profit, it was split 50/50 between corporate and the operator; but, still a company owned store

Will we ever have real cleaners designing our tools? Hey that already happens, on a very small scale.

Will Jon Don ever get their MEM program out that even Clud Lunchpail from Louisiana can use? Place your bets now, just give me the odds on a April 1, 2009 date.

Will the other 99.2% of our nation's Carpet Cleaners ever find the Boards and finally get this industry out of the toilet? Pareto Principle 80/20, most you can really expect is 20% of the cleaners.

Mikey P said:
Nice answers Scott.

I think it would take one of the big 3 to make a Electric unit that would be excepted.

And bought.

see if you guys think this will work.

les

tnt-ge.jpg

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
Les,

I have no doubt that it worked. Although a little slower on electric, and way ahead of its time. Just not the level of pimped out performance that is expected today.

Where's the HEAT? No offense, but No Way would i use propane inside.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I know there are many skeptics out there regarding electric, but the machines and accessories that Terry has come out with are the exception to the rule.

Other than the stainless steel or aluminum, basic parts are used that can be purchased locally if need be. No waiting several days for the manufacture to send them.

Simple is best, and Nordic 1 has it.

G

When out in Las Vegas last sept I was talking to Les Judson and we both agreed that no new technology has became of this business except the glide and 2 1/2 hose has bee the biggest thing in the last few years!

And don't really see anything else at east for a few years

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom