Is There One Part on Your TM......

R

R W

....that you just can't run well without, other than the major parts (eng, blower, pump), one that would set you back a few bucks??

On my Genesis, it's the APO....the Genny doesn't have an appreciable holding tank.....maybe 60-70 gallons. Then you would have to stop the unit, find a decent place to drain, then start up again, just to repeat after 30 minutes or so, especially with dual wanding. I've kept mine "limping" along for the last few months, and I need a weekend down time to change the seals. If the seal job goes wrong.....I'm screwed. New pump is $1000 or more. (Jabsco clutch drive)

I can bypass about anything else on the machine, but the APO would be the biggest PITA to keep running with.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
electric hose reel........................

I just can't see how anyone can do without one..

TimP

I can do without the APO since I don't have one, and the fresh tank i do have a tank. Or my salsa heater. I love my electric vac reel, I suppose that's one thing I'd have a hard time without....blew a fuse once and immediately robbed a fuse from something else to reel it up and put it back and bought a new one asap. I wont go without glides if I'm running a wand. However I can use the rx if I had to. I suppose I could work around a lot of things however If they all went out on at one time I'd pack up and go the house and get out of the biz....

R

R W

Ahhh, yeah....the electric hose reel comes in a close second. Then power seats, AC, power windows and locks.

TimP

I don't have power seats, windows or locks, I'm running a base g30 chevy 6.0 ext. I won't go long in the summer without the AC though.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The electric hose reel is nice and efficient but I wrapped up vac hoses for many years without one on a smooth turning reel quickly and easily, plus it felt like a nice workout for the deltoids. The only thing I hated about my old WM and love about the new one is the air conditioning. God, I dreaded working in those 95 degree days with the inside of the truck (and heat exchanger behind my head) staying at a balmy 130 degrees while I drove around with the window open trying to never stop at a traffic light.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Glided Wand(I carry a spare) and fresh water tank(can't imagine having to find a outside hose bib at every stop).

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Ditto on the fresh water tank! i wish i had an electric reel. Anyone convert a reel to electric? I would have to find a suitable motor i guess.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
YEAA Vincent was tellin' about the stuff he would drag outta the house wit his electric reel....end tables.....pets......ect......

bubba

I use an oil fired unit. I could not imagine not having it. If it freezes it sets me back anywhere from 800 up to $1800 ish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom