Is this a good back up unit?

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
My old Fox is dying and I need to replace it:
"Dodge ram 2500 van with only 53,000 original miles runs like new just got painted , new tires , very well maintained and extremely cleaninside and outside , automatic , 1996 model , fully equiped with a STRONG Hydra van CDS unit / Hydramaster 4.7 PTO truckmount with only 2,490 original hours , Heat Exchange System , Auto Pump out , Flow meter , DUAL WAND capability , comes fully equiped and ready to go out and make money , shelving , 150' vaccum hose and 150' pressure hose , wand , upholstery tool , great tile or Carpet Cleaning truck mount, 100 gallon waste tank,MUCH MORE HEAT than most units , VERY well maintained no leaks runs strong,have all maintenance records all new belts and all new fluids , includes reel, lots of suction,large wase tank,EVERYTHING YOU NEED to start your business, $8,950 for the whole package.."

Thank you all for your response,
Luis

Name
Brad Gouveia
I think your asking for problems. I got a 97 dodge cds with more miles and hours. For $9 g I would save a little more and get newer Ford of Chevy. That old things start to go, tanks start to leak.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
2490 hours x 60 = equivalent of 149,400 miles plus 53kactual miles. That all adds up to an oilstain in your customers driveway.

benjam99

An important question is it an overdrive model? If not then the engine has to run at the same speed as the blower, drastically increasing wear and heat damage, not to mention fuel use around 3 gph..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Nothing wrong with the van or the unit. Both are noted for being reliable. Nothing wrong with those hours. A Dodge should easily exceed 100k with a CDS unit in it, and the unit should exceed 10,000 hours.

Nothing wrong with the price if the condition is good; everything depends on how well it was cared for.

Name
Jesse
I agree with Brian. HM may be different but my WM's are 35mph for Chevy & Dodge. 45 mph for a ford. If the waste tank isn't leaking I'd have no problem buying it although I'd prefer a ford. I just sold a non pto 95 Dodge 5.2 with 340k on the original motor that ran great with vitually no leaks.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I spoke with people that know the owner and they all spoke highly of him, they said that they would not have a problem buying a used truck from him. So I will go with the majority and go look and buy the unit tomorrow. This does not mean that nothing will go wrong with the truck, just that I believe that the truck has been well taken care off.
Luis

Reactions: Scott Rogers
Name
Brad Gouveia
As him if has burnt up any coils on it. That is the problem with mine it sit there getting hot and burns up coil after coil.

When it was younger it was better

Personally I would say 5 is tops for that old.

Last edited:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
That's a lot of money for that old of a unit, I don't care how well it was taken care of. I would also question those with more experience if a PTO is a good choice for a back up unit that won't be used daily?

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
That's a lot of money for that old of a unit, I don't care how well it was taken care of. I would also question those with more experience if a PTO is a good choice for a back up unit that won't be used daily?

It is not for me, it is going to be used by new cleaning techs. I would like to get another Judson but I don't want to have inexperienced techs using propane. The unit will be paid in cash and I will get my money back in a couple of months. For the record, my Fox is still going strong but I am the only one that can use it, if it burps I know how to fix it. When they use it the call me every time and tell me that the thing does not work. That is why I want a PTO.
Luis

Name
Steve Lawrence
It is not for me, it is going to be used by new cleaning techs. I would like to get another Judson but I don't want to have inexperienced techs using propane. The unit will be paid in cash and I will get my money back in a couple of months. For the record, my Fox is still going strong but I am the only one that can use it, if it burps I know how to fix it. When they use it the call me every time and tell me that the thing does not work. That is why I want a PTO.
Luis
which is why I went Butler......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom