Is this a good idea?

Anybody tried this?

rotovacCFX_dia.jpg

Besides providing additional vac boost to TM ....would seem to eliminate waste hauling and dumping.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Looks like a very expensive Auto Pump Out. I don't know the science behind their thinking but off the top of my head..no it doesn't look like a good Idea.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
More like impede your air flow, esp if running 2.5" hose. Its running 2 2stage vacs. How would that bump the cfm of a properly running TM, unless one is 300ft of 2"

Far better to have a Filter box with autopump out

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I don't know about the vaccum on the unit, but the filtration and the pump out would be enough to sell me. I think this is a great idea for all the carpet cleaners with small dump tanks that frequent the local drainage system. It might take an extra two minutes to set up, but if works like it should I would like to try it.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Separating the water and then pumping the water to the house drain so you aren't carrying all the waste water looks interesting.

Also the CFX is not suppose to need any defoamer, not sure how they got around that but that is what they advertise.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Erik said:
I don't know about the vaccum on the unit, but the filtration and the pump out would be enough to sell me. I think this is a great idea for all the carpet cleaners with small dump tanks that frequent the local drainage system. It might take an extra two minutes to set up, but if works like it should I would like to try it.
I can get you an in-line APO for about $1000 that pumps 25gpm and is plumbed with 2" Ports in and out, the CFX is over $2500 and is plumbed for 1.5" Again not sure what science kleenkuip is using but on the face it doesn't look like a good idea to me. Oh and I am a rotovac dist. so it would be to my financial advantage to get behind this but it would do terrible things to my reputation if my hunch proves right and it is a HUGE waste of money

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Looks like a PIA to me. What % or the guys on the baord have APO at all? I think that probably depends more on the environmental sensitivities of their market more than anything else. Around here, I would guess only 10%-15% of CC have APO. Most CC here pump out on the lawn if they have APO.

I have to wonder if this could be used in combo with a porty to extend hose reach from 50' to 100', increase overall CFM from 200 to 400, and provide filtration and auto dump?

diamond brian

I think it would be OK for a small TM like a Blazer or Spit-Fire, but would dampen the performance of a big blower. Like John said, there are cheaper APOs available.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
its main design was to be a portable cleaning unit, using tap water pressure, no extra heat, and 2 2stage vac motors.

As an after thought, they figured it would make a good APO for a tm.

I believe the jury is still out as to whether it makes a good porty or not, let alone an APO.

rick imby

Name
Rick
The science behind airflow is not always as it seems. A lot of things we think we know we do not. A golf ball has dimples that cause it to have more friction with the air. Yet if you use a golf ball that is smooth and has less friction with the air around it it will not fly half as far. If you normally hit a golf ball 250 yards and change to a smooth ball you will only hit the ball 100 yards.

The stitching on Baseballs cause the same thing. A smooth baseball will not fly nearly as far as a baseball with stitching.

Testing is the key. All the talk on this board about blower size and hose size is good but remember it is not always what we think it will be. I question a lot of the comments about the size of the tube in the wand.

A little bit of extra boost near the wand--by using the GFX-- might increase the volume of airflow more than the specs on the machine might indicate. Maybe you could lower the rpm of your TM.

Tests?

If you have collar up for a 2" hose before and after the GFX the air will accelerate as it goes through the GFX and then decelerate as it hits the 2" after the GFX. Until you test it, you are guessing.

Not having to haul the dirty water around in your TM might save you some gas also.

Rick

rick imby

Name
Rick
As soon as the air enters the GFX it is entering a much larger chamber than 1 1/4".

An interesting product might be a small shop vac sized separator with a pump to separate the water from the air and then pump the water to a drain in the house. Just half of the GFX. Is that what an APO is? I looked in the catalog and could not find an apo.
Rick

R

rotovacguy

Am I missing something on this CFX thing?

The picture shows an inlet for the hose from the wand, and an outlet for the hose to the truckmount / porty. Yet on the pictures I've seen for it, I can only make out a single inlet for the wand.

Also, at $2500, there are other options that will give you better performance for cheaper. For example, Steambrite sells their Octavac with dual 3 stage lamb motors, and a 45 gpm pumpout, which is way more versatile than the CFX, but yet does everything the CFX does, too, for like $1000 less and is made of stainless steel versus cheap plastic. That float device on the CFX looks very cheap, too. For $2500 big ones, I'd expect that thing to built like a rock. Idk, maybe for the average homeowner looking to do the carpets on their own, maybe it'd be fine, but for an everyday cleaner, I just can't see that pos lasting too long.

I still don't see how they can say it's great for flood work with only a 6 gpm pumpout.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom