Is this Brevick or Savage portable set up?

Mikey P

Administrator
e99f0550.jpg

Either one, looks pretty broke dick on the dolly. :shock:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Just like the bag lady with her shopping cart. Got everything you need to live right there.

Ryan

I would like see an entire portable set up mounted on a allunium kart maybe a porty one one side a 2ht on the other and a light weight hose reel in the middle. Thing would be a biotch to get inside of a house though and you would have to take everything off to carry it up to aparments so maybe its a bad idea. It would make you have a super fast set up though, and could be docked in the van to be used as a tm for short hose runs. Maybe it could be built on three modular karts that clip together.

I think thats a savage unit.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
This one's on an aluminum cart at least... CC'rs are very inventive sometimes!

[attachment=0:1xn656e9]Steambrite.jpg[/attachment:1xn656e9]

Greenie

The two little pigtails sticking out, is that a two cord Elec. heater? Which brand?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Yeah, Mikey, that's a SAVAGE unit.

It's crammed onto a dolly for take in work, all in one trip. No, it is not pretty on that dolly, but it is pretty at the carpet or tile, when we are cleaning.

The pretty thing comes when I am absolutely sure the machine is where I want it to be in it's development. Then we'll make it attractive and snap together.

I think it is there now as far as performance, ease of use, and reliability, but you tell me at Mike6fest what you think after YOU clean with it.

Carry on.

Ryan

I was thinking or something more along the lines of this. It would be like a moble work station. It would have to have bigger wheels on it though and like I said there would be no going up stairs.

Name
Nate W.
Ryan said:
I was thinking or something more along the lines of this. It would be like a moble work station. It would have to have bigger wheels on it though and like I said there would be no going up stairs.

Why didn't you say you want a mini bane then?

As for Bob's setup, I agree that it isn't pretty but it probably gets the job done. 1 trip up in a condo is important. I always get the "You need all that equipment" or "That's alot of equipment just for cleaning" I say yes it is, I need my tools to do a great job. "The last cleaner I had didn't have all that stuff" Lucky him.... :lol:

Ryan

Nate The Great said:
Why didn't you say you want a mini bane then?

Not really a mini bane I would want LP heat and 500 psi. Not 120F at the wand and 140 psi.

Bjorn

here is my portable Thor

000_0217.jpg

here is another unit owned by Tony Wheelwrite being used from the truck

THOR.jpg

or how about this for a work station

pork010.jpg

just go to portables on my web page

http://www.nordic1.com

Brett

Can't see in the picture on the savage unit, does the top part come off for access to the recovery tank on the bottom? Auto Filll only?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Yes, the top lifts off for access to the recovery tank and 30 GPM APO.

No solution tank to mess with. It's auto fill, and will work from a direct faucet hookup, a water tank (self-priming), or a bucket of water. It also has a Dwyer chemical meter for chemical injection.

That dolly contains all the hoses needed for cleaning - fresh water, APO hose, vacuum hose and solution hose, plus electric heater, the vacuum filter, and the wand.

You can also put a stretch mesh cover over it, if it looks too unsightly for you.

The idea is to go inside all in one trip.

This is part of the electric truckmount, so you don't have to have a separate truckmount and portable - one machine does both from the van and inside cleaning.

There is also a 1200 PSI pump option, but I find the 600 PSI is more than enough.

Brett

Bob, have you ever played around or looked at those triple stair climbing wheels like they use for wheel chairs. I don't know if they would be better than those large wheels you have. I know in past threads you said your unit goes up stairs fairly easy. How much weight would you save going up stairs if you removed your top piece and took it up by itself.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Brett,

The vac unit only weighs 42 lbs.

You can pick it up and carry it easily, anywhere, with the bottom in one hand, and the top in the other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom