Is your company IICRC Certified?

tim

I have IICRC certifications in lots of areas but never got my company certified until now. I had a customer that needed to have their carpets cleaned to maintain their warranty. Made a few faxes and phone calls, the people in the office were great to rush it through. Did the job, $600. I would say it was well worth it. Anyone else get warranty work by being certified?

Certified yes.....work NO...card looks good when i need to whip on out when people doubt my credentials on W/D. they instantly quit doubtin.(southern for YOU dont WTF your sayin)

TimP

Been a certified firm for about a year. I haven't gotten nothing out of it other than bragging rights on advertisements. I don't know if it's helped me or not.

G

Certified Firm for almost 10 years. I use it for advertisement. I'm a Certified Master and I've gotten one warranty job about 5 years ago.

I don't understand how the referral section of the iicrc website works. Can anybody explain it to me? Please?

tim

Seems strange there are not more referrals, they list how many thousands of referrals they give yet not many people get them. I do agree that if you pay to go to class and take the test, that should be enough. After that, you just prove you have insurance. I will say this one job did not come from IICRC but the customer would not have used me otherwise. Paid for 4 years of certification.

diamond brian

ODIN said:
truth is

you don't need to be to maintain the warranty it's illegal

funny their still trying to pull this shit off

your just another sucker

T

Are you sure about this? I like the way you think, but I don't wanna screw my custies should the situation arise.

GRHeacock

My firm was certified for some 20 years. I was a Master Cleaner.

In the 20 or so years, I did actually get 1 (Count them all ) referral.

It was a minimum service call. ($60.00 at the time.)

However, it was not for getting referrals from IICRC that I belonged.

Partly was for bragging rights, partly- well mostly- it was for my own pride.

There were maybe half a dozen times I brought out my wallet certificate to show a potential customer why they should hire me- and yes, it did work.

Gary

steve r

nope notta never

kinda like this board i wont be forced to pay for something i dont need.

tim

I dont think some people would know smart if it jumped up and smacked them in the head. No wonder our industry has a bad reputation!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You don't need to be certified to clean a carpet under warrantee.

Just read the guidlines like......use products under 9.5 bla bla bla.

But if its full of piss stains or excessive dirt all bets are off .

tim

I did read the 3m warranty and it DOES require it, I had to put our company name, tech name, address, and cert #

Chris A

Name
Chris
Certified Firm, Master Tech, I usually get about 1 job a year from CRS, actually just turned one down because it was too far for too little. I dunno if its worth it or not, but I probably won't change it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I got certified just to have the learning part of it. I love the info.
It's hard to find anyone who has a carpet that is still under warranty. Can't have it in rentals, commercials and it doesn't carry over to new home owner. Only last a few years in some cases and just walking on it seems to void it. The warranty thing is BS. But I will use it in my schpeal to get more money out of the customer for the quality work I do. And as was said, good luck using something around 9.5ph to get out some of the things I run into.

The Preacher

i was for almost 20 years, don't see much need for the card if you take the class and keep good notes and refeer back to the manual as needed!!!

Crazymcnick

Quick question about the class... I've been told to study study study for it; however, when I signed up over the phone no one said anything about studying or better yet what to study. (I'm taking the class Aug 11-12th by the way) I know I'll learn a lot in the 2 days of class but don't we take the IICRC test right after the second day of class? How am I going to "STUDY" during class as I'm learning? Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Tom

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Certified Firm and have gotten a few referrals. Guess it depends on the area.

Mick dont' sweat it too much. You'll be plenty prepared to take the test after the second day. Jeff will provide you with everything you need to know in order to successfully pass the exam. The study study study part is when you are down with day one. Go back to your hotel room or get back home and go over everything you learned from day one. Day two will be fresh in your mind when you take the test.

Crazymcnick said:
Quick question about the class... I've been told to study study study for it; however, when I signed up over the phone no one said anything about studying or better yet what to study. (I'm taking the class Aug 11-12th by the way) I know I'll learn a lot in the 2 days of class but don't we take the IICRC test right after the second day of class? How am I going to "STUDY" during class as I'm learning? Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Tom

G

all you need is a SOA gold approved rug doctor

so what does that say about all your green patches and what the industry really thinks about you

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I did read the 3m warranty and it DOES require it, I had to put our company name, tech name, address, and cert #
3M may be using it to try and chase away legitimate claims, but they likely won't push it. Shaw's program has quietly slipped into the closet when the legality of the program was seriously questioned.

The Certified Firm program always was and still is just a marketing program. You can use it for that purpose. Don't worry about referrals or warranties and you'll be happier with your purchase.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I still like Rug Doctors's warranty program. If it looks like crap after you use our machine we will refer you to an IICRC Proffessional to fix the problem. We have had three referrals from them. Only 1 confirmed and let us fix their problems. The other two were trying to get rug doctor to replace their carpet. (Even the RD runs into scammers!) :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom