is Zipper Jr a Major Workout?

Name
George Valliant
Yesterday my CRB broke so i dusted off the Zipper Jr and banged out 3 houses with it.

When i woke today it felt like i'd been run over by a vortex cleaning truck. What's up w/ that?

There's no denying the Zipper Jr cleans and dries like crazy. But, is it my imagination or does the Zipper Jr deliver a respectable full body workout too?

20141205_144751_zps039e26b0.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yesterday my CRB broke so i dusted off the Zipper Jr and banged out 3 houses with it.

When i woke today it felt like i'd been run over by a vortex cleaning truck. What's up w/ that?

There's no denying the Zipper Jr cleans and dries like crazy. But, is it my imagination or does the Zipper Jr deliver a respectable full body workout too?

Depending on the carpet it can be a bit more of a workout....

IF...

You try to run it like a wand especially.

Also, we found that you have to learn to relax in the shoulders and back.

It is different than a wand, but hard thing is to not walk it....and try to do more back and forth motion like the wand.

We just learned to walk it in longer stroke/paths.

And yes....It does get more suction on certain carpets with those 2 chambers. We have been running both hole glides the most.

We use the larger zippers :)

Long path....mowing the lawn

2014-12-05102616_zps80d46865.jpg

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
George Valliant
I agree. some rugs are much easier to push the zipper than others. Have you ever run your zipper without the weights?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I agree. some rugs are much easier to push the zipper than others. Have you ever run your zipper without the weights?

Yes,

have on a couple situations, probably could have on the poly carpet Brent was running it on, but still like the way the weights seem to get more dig and more moisture out.

Body is Taking it for the team!

Name
Marcus
Yea just slow down with it you'll get the hang of it..seems like it takes longer but it's about the same.
Also can cut back on dry strokes...I still use the wand for corners under tables closets.....
I got it cause my shoulder was wearing out and I had a pinched nerve in my neck....
Both problems solved
Cap

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We did 12000 sq ft of office cubicles on Saturday. We ran both zippers and I was a little tired when done. It did save about 45 minutes from the last time which I ran a wand. The quad was much harder on my body. I wasn't sore the next day but we only run the zipper. I actually prefer the jr. On vacants or really large homes we use the 15" zipper

Gene

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

George, I think on that zipper you have, you could take off one of the weights for most jobs and be good.

Just notice you had a lot of weight on that thing :)

Reactions: Erik
13 or 15 inch for empty residential? Curved or straight handle? If you can only have one. 13" to me looks like the best all around. I am asking those that have used both.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have only spent time with my 15 inch units, (have tried the 13 inch at Vegas and MF 10) but if your were to be doing more detailing around things and such the smaller would be better. I choose where to use the zipper in certain residential settings.

We used it on 3 residential (with the larger unit) on Friday, but good open areas and a couple of concerns the zipper seemed to address best for us.

Ofer has a great 13 inch for sale (not much use on it). It is the straight handle if I recall.

Reactions: Erik

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have only used the straight handle. If i only had one it would be the 13". The straight handle puts the head in the center of your body which I really like. I'm glad to get away from a wand. Both work well for me. The 15 had no chatter using hole glides in front and back and saved some time and pain.

Gene

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Was using our 15" to resurrect some pretty abused sculpted Nylon today.

Don't think it would have survived much more than the CRB and the Zipper.

2014-12-08113803_zpsd75b1d3f.jpg

2014-12-08113805_zps4175243d.jpg

2014-12-08113813_zps5320e8e4.jpg

Reactions: tmdry
Name
Nate W.
George isn't new to the zipper wands... He actually was the only real cleaner who advocated using it before Cintas got a hold of it... No one really listened and thought he was crazy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom