Isuzu Eco-max

Chris A

Name
Chris
http://www.isuzucv.com/nseries/npr_eco-max.html

Just looked at my neato dash computer and I am getting a whopping 6.2 mpg with my Chevy van/CDS. I haven't run the new van with the boxxer to see how that stacks up. This looked interesting how many guys have a diesel cab over, other than the UD, that would be willing to share some fuel economy numbers. Jim Martin would probably get 40mpg with this eco-max...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
http://www.isuzucv.com/nseries/npr_eco-max.html

Just looked at my neato dash computer and I am getting a whopping 6.2 mpg with my Chevy van/CDS. .

:shock: :shock:

I know chevy's aren't known for stellar mileage, but I'd think you'd get better than that.
get your foot out da gas, Junior :lol:

and us Ford guys scoff at you Bowtie boonies

18 MPG hi-way fully loaded (weighs in at around 8400 gross) at 70+ MPH with the air on.... 8)

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

My W3500 loaded up is getting 8.2 mpg in the city. We have a lot of elevation differences here as well. mileage computers are usually wrong. Calculate the mileage by your gallons used and mileage driven.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That is including machine time, btw. I've always meant to calculate total fuel usage manually, but never have. Larry I heard them Ford vans drive like they got a loose wheel when their brand new, my Chevy drives like a Cadillac (and takes gas like an Escalade)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
except for a few displays on the dash.....that is pretty much what my W4500 cab and truck looks like...

the difference between actual Chevy mileage is in the engine....the W4500 series runs the isuzu engine...so the gas mileage is much better....I am getting 16 to 17...(city)..and that includes running the machine.....unleaded gas.....I believe that a lot has to do with what the truck can hold as far as weight....the W4500 are built to hold some pretty good weight....no matter what I put in it...it feels like I am running with a empty box....cargo vans can hold some weight....but we really load them down with all the things we need and that starts to dig into the gas mileage...not to mention the pre-mature wear and tear.......

word on the street is that by the end of the year..gas is going to be over 4 bucks a gallon....
by this time next year..it is going to be over 5 bucks.....

thats probably going to set diesel at around...$6.30 to $6.40 a gallon.....

Chris A

Name
Chris
Jim if I'm not mistaken the engine in your truck is a 6.0 liter GM smallblock, same as my truck. I'm sure the six speed helps move it along though.

Jerry

Supportive Member
My dash mpg thing reads 14.0 mpg avearage including the TM running. I can get close to 17 mpg on long trips traveling light(no water in the pond) if I keep my foot out of it. 2008 Chevy 1 ton extended 6.0 ,SS454 tm.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We run two C4500 Diesel trucks that are both diesel heated machines... Not looking forward to this fuel $ increase to say the least! I started looking into converting the trucks to burn vegetable oil but it seems risky.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that ecomax is pretty under powered look at the specs you have less than 300# of torque. I don't think most will be happy with that little power. the 5.2l motor looks like a much better match for these trucks. keep in mind with that little of power the ecomax will have to be run wide open under load, in this situation the increased mileage might not be that much better than the 5.2 motor.

the other thing is personally I like something out in front of me those trucks are like driving a soda can. I think hino is the better truck but they are phasing out their smaller trucks that compete with the npr. or better yet a freightliner business class.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Jerry said:
My dash mpg thing reads 14.0 mpg avearage including the TM running. I can get close to 17 mpg on long trips traveling light(no water in the pond) if I keep my foot out of it. 2008 Chevy 1 ton extended 6.0 ,SS454 tm.

Not too shabby

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Getting about 23-25 mpg's fully loaded in my 03-04 sprinters (all 2500's) - all of which are for sale btw ;p

Haven't had a chance to do the math on the new 6 cyl 170" 2008 2500 nor the 170" 08 3500, they seem to use a wee bit more but they are much bigger vans and the 3500 is a good bit heavier as well. The engines don't fully break in or reach full fuel economy until 65,000 miles from what I was told - so it will be a while before I know where they stand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom