It worked!

Mikey P

Administrator
I was asking you all for advice about that large wool rug we do up in SF each year.

Well, they went' for our tailored maintenance program offer.

They were spending $3000 a year having us clean it once.

Now they want to spend $5000 and get it cleaned twice.

I love this Job.:pig:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just about the way it was explained to me by Steve, a few years back. I don't offer it to all my customers. Obviously, I don't offer it to one or two room jobs or move outs, or people that give me the heebe-jeebes, but for good quality customers I just offer it to them at the end of the job.

I almost always (almost is the key words here) pre-view my jobs ... estimate on site prior ... so I get a good price normally. So, it is not hard to offer them a reduction in price on subsequent jobs if they pay me a monthly fee.

So, let's say I did a $250 job and they mention that they get their carpets cleaned every few months, or I see that they NEED their carpets cleaned more than once a year, I might offer them a $35 a month fee to clean every 6 months and then simply discuss the savings they will enjoy, plus the benefits.

It's no harder to sell than Scotchgard and the regular monthy payment is nice. My goal is to have $10,000 a month coming in under this system before I sell my biz.

While it sounds rediculous, I think actually think I can do it. Can you imagine how easy it would be to sell a business with that amount of money coming in every month, like clockwork?

So far, all my accounts have been sold only to my premium customers ... who get the works ... and I do not take out any steps or quality on subsequent cleanings. To reach the $10,00 a month mark, I MAY find it necessary to offer a bit less quality (say, maybe no prevacuuming or moving furn.) and lower my price so the middle class client can see an advantage. Time will tell.

hogjowl

Idiot™
And do you send out monthly bills?
Auto charge their cards?

or do they pay in advance?

Some pay in advance and I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO!

I will not bill monthly, Image the hassle factor.

So, they either pay me via credit card, or auto bank-draft.

The CC or BD issue is the single factor that culls some cows from the herd.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom