Its all about customer perception, right Eco Joe?

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi there. I got my carpet and my kitchen tile cleaned yesterday by Ely and Javier. First of all, they could not have been nicer or more professional. I was really impressed with how hard they worked at getting stains out of my need-to-replace carpet. The service they gave was exceptional.
That being said, I am a little disappointed in the cleaning of the tile. When he completed the job, Ely pointed out stains that he just could not get out due to how old they were. I told him to seal the grout anyway as the floor did look much better despite the stains. After he left and the floor dried for a few hours I got a bottle of Clorox bleach spray and my kitchen sponge just to see if a little elbow grease could make them fade a bit. The stains Ely left came out of the grout with very little effort! And this was AFTER the grout, and presumably the stains, had been sealed!
I do not have much faith in your products. I feel like sealing the grout was a waste of money. Again, I am very happy with the carpets and the kitchen floor does look much better, but can you explain why your cleaning product did not get the stains out and why the sealant allowed me to clean the stains?

Please get back to me via email.
Thank you.

Hi D******

I talked to Ely about what procedure he performed on your tile floor. Apparently a second cleaning pass should have been made. Based on how the first pass reacted, the strength of the cleaning solution and the aggressiveness of the brushes used, he felt that a second attempt would not have had any effect on the remaining stains. We would like to refund you the amount of the cleaning for this over site ($105, I believe).
Ely informed me that the total bill was around $350 (I have not seen the invoice yet) but you made the check out for $305 by mistake. Rather than have you write another check he marked the difference off as a first time customer discount.
In regards to why the sealer "allowed you to clean the stains", the product we use is what is called a "penetrative sealer". Once the product cures (24 hours or so) it plugs the pours of the grout keeping heavy liquids like coffee, juices and dirty mop water on or near the surface, making future cleaning easier for you and us down the road. This type of sealer is not a clear coating, which it sound like you may have thought it was.

I'm including a link to an article from our site that shows you how to clean your floor so that one, you don't leave a residue and two, more importantly, you don't remove the sealer with overly strong cleaning agents, such as Clorox bleach or ammonia.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I believe we can all learn from incidences like this. Ely has been with us for many years and always goes above and beyond the call of duty. I'm sure all tile floors will be getting two cleaning passes from now on, knowing him.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions @ 831 588 ****

Mike @Connoisseur

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I am impressed that you went beyond recommendations . . .

and actually gave them details about where to get the proper supplies.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Very nice Mike. Poor Ely but it happens to all of us, the good ones are harder on themselves than we can ever be.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thank you, again for getting back to me so quickly. Ely and Javier were just wonderful and I am very happy that you answered all of my questions. I am so sorry that I wrote the check for the wrong amount. I am very happy with the floors and am so surprised that bleach isn't the best way to clean grout. Thanks for that info!
I don't feel that you owe me a refund. Now that I know that the sealant is a penetrative sealer I am sure that the grout will stay clean.

Thank you again for your time and attention to this and please convey my thanks to Ely and Javier.
D****

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mikey P

Administrator
Well thank you very much Donna.

Very nice of you and very much appreciated.

If you'd like we could stop by and reseal the areas you used the bleach on. Just let us know when is good for you.

Take care,

Mike @Connoisseur

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Well done sir. I bow down to you. Love these kind of outcomes and have turned a few around ourselves by replying in a similar way.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I took a course from Tom Hill years ago and one of the things he taught us was how to handle a complaint. He got us thinking that is just another way to be of service to our customer and another opportunity to get a referral or otherwise talk up our service. Many complaints are bogus to our mind but the customer wouldn't be calling if they didn't think it was an issue. When they complain and we handle it well, they remain our customer. Much better than those who don't call but go somewhere else next time. Thanks Mikey for a good lesson in customer relations

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Great post. I have learned over the years how to calmly explain things to a customer rather that get mad and tell them to get lost. A simple "I'm sorry, that was something we must have overlooked, I'll be there shortly to fix it," goes a long way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom