It's back.......and looking good.......the Zipper wand

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Sounds like Eric is done with his two year sales ban agreement with Cintas.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
he needs filming lessons....

and it looks like its almost a lot more work

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks! It's nice to hear from guys who have used the Zipper.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
It seems to be a similiar concept of the Sapphire Striker wand. Spray jets in the center and extraction ports front and back. It looks like it has some cooler features, but I am not sure they justify almost 2.5 times the cost. Will this thing clean on par with a rotary scrubber?

Looks cool, but seems overpriced.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It seems to be a similiar concept of the Sapphire Striker wand. Spray jets in the center and extraction ports front and back. It looks like it has some cooler features, but I am not sure they justify almost 2.5 times the cost. Will this thing clean on par with a rotary scrubber?

Looks cool, but seems overpriced.
Since they are all made by hand here in American and will out last all of us I think they are priced just right. Hey Erik when can us distributors start selling these?

Mikey P

Administrator
A rotary scrubber or extractor?

Either way the answer is no.

Its an option for guys who have physical issues with a standard carpet wand.

12 flow and no mechanical agitation will clean far better than a pos 802 wand but on par with a Bulletin Board hip titanium type wand

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It seems to be a similiar concept of the Sapphire Striker wand. Spray jets in the center and extraction ports front and back. It looks like it has some cooler features, but I am not sure they justify almost 2.5 times the cost.

Travis, as far as build quality and longevity , that Stryke-Out wand is dime store jUnk piece of plastic crAp compared to the example of Eric's drag wand I saw.
someone would have to be a gullible rookie or a moron to pay $900 :oldrolleyes: for that plastic joke of a wand .
Eric's wand is a genuine contractor's tool, well machined and heavy duty..it's a "lifetime" tool

Drag wands in general;
i used Steam Genie drag wand for a couple years when I first started CCing.
It's a well made, heavy duty stainless tool (still have one that we used some years ago when i had more com accounts)
You can really chew up some real estate in wide open areas with a drag wand with less fatigue.
More "idiot proof" too...operators that have trouble with berbers would likely benefit with a good drag wand

The only real drawback is no "chop stroke" or scrubbing ability ...have to do more bending over w/spotting brush or "Florsheim" agitation.
However, used in combination with a roto scrub and flush/rinse extract, they're the cat's azz.
Nice straight pattern lines when done ( no swirly squirrelly roto-extractor patterns like RX, RV, Hoss, etc) that HAVE to be groomed BTW, if anyone says they prefer the looks of swirly squirrelly RE lines left in carpet they're FOS and just saying that cause they don't want to groom

anyway, I've never cleaned with the Zipper, but have little doubt it's as good or better than any drag wand made

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
A rotary scrubber or extractor?

Either way the answer is no.

Its an option for guys who have physical issues with a standard carpet wand.

12 flow and no mechanical agitation will clean far better than a pos 802 wand but on par with a Bulletin Board hip titanium type wand
Physical issues. LOL. I agree there is no mechanical agitation and that is the magic secret missing. But if you pimp this to 20 or 25 flow with 240 degree heat and 500-600 CFM WTF cares? Whamo-Blamo the job's done.

Name
Nate W.
I use mines on every commercial job that I get... I do however use the Cimex to prespray and scrub, then zipper off... I believe the carpets dry faster with less wicking... We do run 4 airpaths, to speed up the drying too...

A lot of our competitors leave the carpet too wet and that results in wicking...

Erik is a cool guy too... The shorter solution line looks better than the longer one I got... The quick connect beats the shit out of my ankles... I use a QC wrap, but it comes out sometimes...

Last edited:
Name
Jesse
Definitely buying another..

Comparing the zipper and the stryker is like comparing a f350 and metro. The stryker is a sad sad tool when it comes down to actually using it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I use mines on every commercial job that I get... I do however use the Cimex to prespray and scrub, then zipper off... I believe the carpets dry faster with less wicking... We do run 4 airpaths, to speed up the drying too...

A lot of our competitors leave the carpet too wet and that results in wicking...

Erik is a cool guy too... The shorter solution line looks better than the longer one I got... The quick connect beats the shit out of my ankles... I use a QC wrap, but it comes out sometimes...

Satisfied and happy customers produce more referrals and repeat customers than any amount of good marketing

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Larry, you nailed it good for never using one. We clean a ball room that a has a white pattern and very small liquor spills throughout about the size of an eraser. Sometimes you can chop stroke them out with a wand or use the corner of the glide. But, more times than not, we had to scrub them out by hand.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I tried it and it's a wonderful tool for commercial but I didn't like it in residential application

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Erik........note to sef....
STAY OUTTA CABS...........!

you DO know that it was me that saved yor life that nite.....right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Erik

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
No, you never did. But, there are select few that post on multiple boards. I've read several post where guys get taunted for doing it. But, I enjoy all of the boards.

FredC

Village Idiot
Taunted? Maybe expressed perplexion (Hey Forsythe is that even a word? If not TM) mixed with a little gentle ribbing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom