It's freakin busy!!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Came home for lunch and the phone wouldn't stop ringing. I'm booked out til almost the end of the month already.

Amazing

wow till end of month..

I'm booked this week and have 1/2 booked up next week.

Next opening is afternoon of the 10th.

Luckly I've missed only a few jobs due to a wait, I'm sure if I was booked till end of month I'd lose a lot of work.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
these "booked until Christmas" posts don't mean much unless we know how many jobs you schedule in a day.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I would assume that everyone that has been in business 20 plus years should be booked out too.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Chris- Unlike some of the fibbers around here. I work 9+ hours a day, 5 days a week. Sometimes 6. I haven't been booked out this far in maybe 5 years. Usually a week or two.

dgargan

I just don't get that booked out for weeks or a month thing. I have been doing this for 18 years and I have never once booked out full for even a week in advance. We always start the week 50 to 60% booked and it just fills in.

David

Doug Cox said:
Chris- Unlike some of the fibbers around here. I work 9+ hours a day, 5 days a week. Sometimes 6. I haven't been booked out this far in maybe 5 years. Usually a week or two.
That is awesome.... but your right you gotta wade through the "High end only booked to christmas guys"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hell I don't Guarantee that....I mean maybe it's more money because you have another job to add on but not necessarily more money per job.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Slowed down a little here... Probably a good thing though, I need to do maintenance on my TM, and quite frankly I'm burned out. :oops:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Thats what I've been telling ya , Keith. Money ain't everything. Missing the time with the wife and kids can't be replaced.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, I have too much on my plate this year, but I have to pay off that new rig before winter. Next year I will be hiring someone full time and hope that will allow me to be home more often. I agree my family has gotten ripped off this year, and never again... :oops:

Mikey P

Administrator
Doug, did I over look where you said how many jobs it takes to book you out that far?

Are you a 2, 3, 4 or 5 job a day guy?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I would say my average day would consist of 4 jobs, but can vary from 1 to 7 jobs.

dgargan

"I would say my average day would consist of 4 jobs"

So you have 80 jobs booked already for August?

Please tell me how you do that?

David

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Why is 80 jobs booked for the month hard to believe? Why not buy another unit and put another crew on the road if this is a sustainable booking trend? Just the few lost could pay for it all, plus it gives drive to get more.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm sorry Mike, I misunderstood the question. I thought you asked how many jobs on average I do a day. Right now I have 29 jobs for the rest of this month but 1 of them is a 7 day job otherwise it would be much higher. The 7 day job is my largest of the year at 11K. And that doesn't go to the end of the month so I have 4 days at the end of the month still to fill.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
This is kinda crazy that people think he is lying. I say good job and keep it going. If he is then who cares, doesn't affect me!

I have never booked out a whole month but sure wouldn't mind it!!

Mainly repeat biz or new clients?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't believe everything everyone says. I was just amazed at how busy it has gotten. I work every day whether I'm booked out a few days or a few weeks. I would much rather be booked out only a week or so. That way people don't mind waiting. Most of my jobs are repeats or referrals.

F

FB7777

thats great Doug! August is looking real good here as well.

Its always our highest or second highest month of the year anyways which is double edged because of summer vacation time with my kids

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Good to hear Doug, I think we all wish we could book out like that
but it's hard to do. I started this week with only 4 jobs and with a
water job today plus other large job's I filled the week and leave
sat. for a vaction :p

I used to always be booked out a week or more. I had coupons in all sorts of places. I haven't been booked out that far in a few years, but I am making triple what I made in my earlier days on a lot less volume.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sorry Mike, I misunderstood the question. I thought you asked how many jobs on average I do a day. Right now I have 29 jobs for the rest of this month but 1 of them is a 7 day job otherwise it would be much higher. The 7 day job is my largest of the year at 11K. And that doesn't go to the end of the month so I have 4 days at the end of the month still to fill.

Sounds totally believable to me.

Good going Doug!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom