It's going to be a new water truck....eventually

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2013-10-14_08-09-43_371_zps44a69595.jpg

2013-10-14_08-11-42_828_zpsf0fbbacd.jpg

2013-10-14_08-12-28_725_zps6459b7fc.jpg

She’s not much to look at yet but she will get there. Spray liner tomorrow, then TM install, then shelving then the box will be painted to match the chassis and then lettered. Whew a lot the get done before the snow flies!

Reactions: BLewis

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Richard,
Nice truck.

Do you have a TM in all your water trucks?

Have you guys used a flood extractor or say EE instead of a TM in a water truck? I find that maybe 50% my jobs I use the TM these days to remove water, and perhaps 5-10% do I even bring in the EE (in the truck that already has the TM), I think perhaps if I had a larger truck like you guys, I would bring the EE more often and or on a truck that didn't have a TM I would just leave the EE in there ready to go...I think your LCF is the "ready to go" truck, right?

Oh btw I've been looking for a 16 footer for a while now...right on the fence of getting one.

Ps...did you ever get that 240 etes from that guy?

Hope all is well.

Bill

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bill we have both on all the water trucks, a TM & a Flood King. They can use the Flood King when its an extended distance, up multiple floors, deep or standing water or to assist the TM until a second crew arrives. The LCF is a dry truck no TM but yes we can throw a flood pumper on there and it can be an extraction truck too. I'll eventually get one that just stays on that truck too. I like the 16's lots of room! No didn't get the extra E-Tes's, we finished one large floor and were able to move them to the other large floor. We had three floor all at once, that's never happened before.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Careful now, I like your truck so much I've been think stealing your layout but with our logo! :eekk:

I probably would if it wouldn't stick out from the others. Love your truck Derek!

Reactions: Derek

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Careful now, I like your truck so much I've been think stealing your layout but with our logo! :eekk:

I probably would if it wouldn't stick out from the others. Love your truck Derek!

thanx Richard!

with your logo, go for it! :D

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
LOL... not much i can say beyond that :lol: my wife is laughing. maybe i can sell it as a wallpaper to Microsoft :eekk: :razz:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I would really love to have a box truck. Right now the wearhouse space we rent wont permit one to be brought in doors and because of the 4-5 months below freezing at night time we cant leave it out doors. I don't do a lot of water but that box truck would be sweet as commercial floor cleaning battleship. If you put a lift gate on that thing I could fit my all my vct gear plus a truckmount and the auxillery diesel heater for dual wanding and hot pressure washing. I have this sweet idea to put a real deal mop sink in one with a drain that could pull its freshwater off the fresh tank and run a demand pump from the drain to the waste tank. You could even have a mock janitors closet set up with a chemical metering feed so we could mix glass cleaner, neutral floor cleaner or degreasing, or an anti microb. or disinfectant. I love being diverse and being able to do all sorts of different floors especialy in a large scale commercial setting. The only thing I hate is the constant loading and unloading of the trailor and always having to switch vehicles. It would save a shit ton of production time to keep it all on board or at least have that lift gate for faster loading an unloading. One day Ill get there. I think I will die a poor man with the worlds best equipment, I cant ever seem to save any money because I love my job so much the money burns a whole in my pocket wanting to get all the toys. And as my bankroll has gotten bigger so has my imagination!:biggrin:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll get there it just takes time, look at how much you've accomplished in such a short time.

We once did water losses having to empty all the carpet equipment to load the water equipment. It was a pain and we did it for years and then toured Butch Carpenter's Company "Ideal" in the SF bay area.

They had two water damage trucks with everything you would need to process water damage restoration. I took pictures and showed my dad and brother. My dad liked it but said that's California, the big city, we are just small town.

A couple years past and everytime we processed a loss I kept thinking about Ideal and how nice it would be and how much time was wasted by not having a truck on standby. We finally put one together and it worked out great. We now have 5 of them and this truck replaces an older one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I was impressed with Butch's business too. I think his daughter runs it now, pretty sharp young lady from what I hear. You need to vist them when you're out in Cali.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Those are the vans that we run. I think that they are perfect tweener vans. Not too big or small for WD work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree I love our Isuzu's but they are big and can be a handful for an experienced box driver. The Spartan's are a little more nimble feel more like a standard van and handle much better on the highway. We will send the Spartan's out first and try to keep the Isuzu's in town, with them going out only once the Spartan's are out.

The floor is in and the unit was installed last week, reels and water tank today or tomorrow. We should have it over for them to get the racks built later this week.

Paint will probably slow us down but if the unit is in and the racks built we can still use it, if we need to.

Last edited by a moderator:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I agree I love our Isuzu's but they are big and can be a handful for an experienced box driver. The Spartan's are a little more nimble feel more like a standard van and handle much better on the highway. We will send the Spartan's out first and try to keep the Isuzu's in town, with them going out only once the Spartan's are out.

The floor is in and the unit was installed last week, reels and water tank today or tomorrow. We should have it over for them to get the racks built later this week.

Paint will probably slow us down but if the unit is in and the racks built we can still use it, if we need to.
I drove an Isuzu box for a rent to own company for a few years and having that cab over the front tires really allows you to turn on a dime

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Progress is slow but it's progress. Floor is coated, unit is in and racks are built. They will paint them and hopefully install next week. Then the box gets painted.

2013-11-08_11-15-11_724_zpsac298d54.jpg

Reactions: Derek

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom