it's official, the Big Truck is dead.

Name
George Valliant
I heard they are phasing out big trucks and going with cargo vans instead. Equiped wth Hydramasters I think.

I asked the franchisee who was selling off 3 or 4 of them why and he wouldn't give me a straight answer.

The answer he gave me was "they're too big".

Whatever!

The Zerorez dude in my town is getting his tail kicked by us old timers running Vortex.

I suspect the fuel cost and running that kero burner is getting out of hand. Certainly, its not a lack of performance. Also, add the monthly franchise fee to their overhead and you see some serious cash flow problems.

That's why I say the Big Truck levels the playing field for us owner operators. The franchises with royalty fee's will never be able to swing it.

Come to think if it, maybe that dude wasn't lying when he said "they're too big". Cuz those stupid things are at least 30% larger than the Vortex UD 1400.

Does this mean the big truck is officially dead? Maybe, maybe not.

Are you a gambling man Mikey?

Cuz, the big truck is certainly down. But I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Anyhow, the idea of ZeroRez phasing out BigTrucks is music to my ears and should be music to every o/o. Now, the USP (unique selling point) ball is exclusively in our court.

Sorry Mikey.... your POS lawnmower doesn't exactly qualify under current USP guidelines.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you're relying on your equipment to be your USP you really are a fool.

A Big Truck may attract up to 15% of your new client for no other reason.
If you need to draw more than that you better be quick on your feet and love to talk middle aged women.
From what I have gathered about your biz, Fool, is that your a priced shopped company who spend$ too much on advertising. Maybe if you spent less time stroking your Big Wand in front of your apartment dwellers and collage mover outers and more time INTERACTING with your normal home owning clients, you'd get more like referrals based on your personality alone.

K

Kabluey

NNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo

I heard that my best friend Surdi just bought a 2005 AeroTech last week.

No one has actually seen it yet.... :(

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
And imagine that just a few short years ago, Mikey was virtually guaranteeing anyone that bought a big truck that this alone would make them multigazillionaires.

Glad to see you woke up Mike.

Amazing

Yeah, I've seen the cargos up here.

Makes ya wonder why I carpet cleaner would buy a used big truck from a somewhat large company that is scaling back to cargos, when we all know zereorez marketing the big truck image, yet is now taking a risk with the cargos...

Hmmm

I wonder,
higher insurace, limited parking for larger rigs in many neighborhoods, much high cost to maintain and use, worn out, problem with the design, .. I guess we will never knnow.

A

amazingcleansc

i was talking to steve poulos a few months back and he was telling me all the $$ he was saving zero rez by outfitting their vans with hydramaster equip

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Actually, Mike was spouting the same customer service stuff back when I first met him and saw his Vortex. Like many Vortex owners it's completely understandable to boast about such an enormous truck mount. Mike might tell me I'm wrong (and that he wasn't joking in the past) but I saw through the boasting and such about owning/running such a big machine. If I owned one I'd would no doubt be as enthusiastic.

Maybe I'm not connected enough in my area to know who's "kicking ass" over another. And frankly, as disconnected as the carpet cleaning industry is, how in holy freeking hell can anyone know who's got an edge on who? Think about this people, unless you know the gross bottom line $$$numbers and the day in and day out operations of your competitors how are can we even begin to know who's doing what in comparison?

I gotta $50 bill says none of us know shit about other operations in our own areas. Had a call on a Wed about two weeks ago said she found me on the web and needed someone that day or at least by Sat. Said she called Stanley and, "they said they couldn't get to her until the middle of next week". So, what does that mean about Stanley? To me, nothing and it certainly doesn't tell me they were balls out busy doing great. Could be a dozen reasons why they said that.

I've seen some independent mini van wonder boys in my neighborhood for 6 months now. Doesn't tell me shit. Saw Stanley 3 times in the last few weeks within 1/4 mile of my house parked in the driveway humming away with a pump-out hose trickling in the gutter, still doesn't tell me shit.

I'm kinda chuckling about what Mike P said that you have to speak "middle age women"! Geez there's a whole lot of truth to that especially if you're attempting to cultivate a repeat customer. If you rely on advertisement as a single truck operator and don't know that language you will wonder why you aren't getting quality customers, and you will find yourself having gone down a road of management by speculation.

And yet in this crazy economy all of us need to make the money where we can. Hence, get out there in traffic and mix where you have never been. I'm pulling many real estate jobs right now. I've found that Stanley Splash-n-Dash, Coit and the tiny TM trailer boys can't seem to sell to this industry. It's turned boys and girls. Banks and construction companies are looking for and paying a wee bit more for quality. But, and here's the catch, you have to get out there and mix with them. You need to learn their language, just like knowing Middle Age Women. You need to figure out how to sell to them. You won't learn this staying at home speculating.

The Big Truck was and is still very impressive. It requires ear protection (just joking, Mike knows what I mean) but it sucks hard and keeps toasty hot. If a guy had three healthy jobs a day plus a helper (or chimp, geez that funny), a Vortex has got to be a serious contender. Throw in the sales skills and a short tour of the machine and wow. Who tours a custy on their slide in?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Ac
I gotta $50 bill says none of us know shit about other operations in our own areas. n?

yeah but carpet cleaning fool does. the big truck is dead because no one will make them any more. about once a week I hear that blow hard gaylord karen on the radio talking about no soaps or shampoos, zerorez is the chemdry of truckmount cleaners, they sure mislead people. besides that they are venturi rejects that took a company to bankruptcy in little more than a year

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
That's why I say the Big Truck levels the playing field for us owner operators.

:roll:

dude, that's just plain silly
The day an O/Op CAN'T best the franchises, is the day he should go get a "real" job... cause he's either doing something WAY wrong or he has the personalty of a deAd mackerel

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mr. Noble nailed it. You need to be able to speak with your customers...all of them.
Networking is the way to go for new customers in your neighborhood...along with repeat and referrals of course.
Networking with other cleaners works as well (not a plug). If you can get together with other cleaners and promote each other and help each other out, it will be better for all. Even in your own area.

I would think a good reason for a big truck is the room needed for restoration work.

Other than that you're kidding yourself if you think you need that much power and size for everyday cleaning.

We've heard all that before but it really comes down to the guy running it.

Name
George Valliant
Mikey,

Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you? It should because only a complete hypocrite would slam Vortex every chance they get while at last count you have 4 pics of yourself posing with one on your homepage. Wtf is up with that? Do you understand your HYPOCRISY here? Because everyone else sure does! Let me guess, do as I say not as I do claus? All I got to say is FU!

Furthermore, you send two techs out daily in the big truck while you cruise around in your lawmower acting cool, sipping foo foo latte's, and cheap-skating free wi-fi from unsecured networks.

So, if you're a man of character and truly believe in what you say then I challenge you to step up to the plate like a man, take down those hypocritical photo's, and start sending your techs out in the magic bean or whatever your calling it these days. Better yet, i'd like to see photos of you posing next to that POS Dodge. Yup, just as I thought! You don't got the nads for it do ya tuff guy?

Until you do you ain't nothing but a complete hypocrite and shouldn't be talking smack bout a truck that's made you so much money. F%ck, if I felt the way you obviously do i'd sell my big truck it in a heartbeat and remove the pic's from my homepage.

So what's it going to be lawnmower man? Are ya going to take down those pics and send your techs out in the Beaner? Or, are you going to continue lying to yourself and others? Cuz I smell a rat with a vac tat.

As for me, yes! I'm guilty as hell for doing my share of apartments and college slums. But that was before! I've changed my ways since getting a big truck and actually measure every job now. Thank you very much Big Truck!

Mikey P said:
If you're relying on your equipment to be your USP you really are a fool.

If you need to draw more than that you better be quick on your feet and love to talk middle aged women.
From what I have gathered about your biz, Fool, is that your a priced shopped company who spend$ too much on advertising. Maybe if you spent less time stroking your Big Wand in front of your apartment dwellers and collage mover outers and more time INTERACTING with your normal home owning clients, you'd get more like referrals based on your personality alone.

Name
George Valliant
Opps! I hope Mikey's feelings didn't get "tendorized"...

Its ok little fella.

I think Meats got an ice cream cone for ya!

If not, I'm sure Stevie G will share his.

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Mikey,

Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you? It should because only a complete hypocrite would slam Vortex every chance they get while at last count you have 4 pics of yourself posing with one on your homepage. Wtf is up with that? Do you understand your HYPOCRISY here? Because everyone else sure does! Let me guess, do as I say not as I do claus? All I got to say is FU!

Furthermore, you send two techs out daily in the big truck while you cruise around in your lawmower acting cool, sipping foo foo latte's, and cheap-skating free wi-fi from unsecured networks.

So, if you're a man of character and truly believe in what you say then I challenge you to step up to the plate like a man, take down those hypocritical photo's, and start sending your techs out in the magic bean or whatever your calling it these days. Better yet, i'd like to see photos of you posing next to that POS Dodge. Yup, just as I thought! You don't got the nads for it do ya tuff guy?

Until you do you ain't nothing but a complete hypocrite and shouldn't be talking smack bout a truck that's made you so much money. F%ck, if I felt the way you obviously do i'd sell my big truck it in a heartbeat and remove the pic's from my homepage.

So what's it going to be lawnmower man? Are ya going to take down those pics and send your techs out in the Beaner? Or, are you going to continue lying to yourself and others? Cuz I smell a rat with a vac tat.

As for me, yes! I'm guilty as hell for doing my share of apartments and college slums. But that was before! I've changed my ways since getting a big truck and actually measure every job now. Thank you very much Big Truck!

[quote="Mikey P":3gka19fu]If you're relying on your equipment to be your USP you really are a fool.

[/quote:3gka19fu]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
George, have you been an O/Op for 19 years?
or just worked in the trade for 19?

if the latter, how long have you been an owner/op?

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
But that was before! I've changed my ways since getting a big truck and actually measure every job now. Thank you very much Big Truck!

Before what?

You got a run down, jerry rigged, ugly ass 777 with faded Venturi paint and now you're Jose goddamn Smith?

Who are you trying to kid.

My Vortex is pretty, kept clean and my Mrs Pifeltons love it almost as must as they do our friendly smiles and oh so hip banter.

Real Cleaners with great personalities don't HAVE to do slum work to get by Fool.
Sorry it's taken you 19 years to find the truth here on Mikey's Board .com.

Why do you think Lippold kicks your ass every day? Works 1/3rd as much and brings in at least twice what you do.

Because he has the gift.

Funny stuff. YOU thinking a worn out Vortex would buy you into Lippold's market.

LMAO!

and I'll be leaving those pics up for the few men and bulldikes they attract. :shock:

Name
George Valliant
Does this mean Mikey ain't gonna take down those pics and start sending techs out in the Beaner? That's what I thought!

I may be a lot of things but a hypocrite I'm not.

You guys sling all the mud at me you want but it doesn't change the fact Mike is guilty of being a complete and absolute hypocrite regarding the big truck.

Meat, I forget how many years I've been pushing a wand. Somewhere in the hood of twenty. I had to sell my carpet cleaning business in 1997 due to motorcycle injury. Now that I'm all healed up, I've been back at it full-time almost 5 years now.

Party on dudes!

C-ya in the RubberRoom!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
George, why are you consumed with the hypocrite monikor? Haven't you ever thought one thing and then after you have preached it to people and gotten more info down the road changed you opinion or belief? I know I have.

Why the heck would Mike sell it (in a depressed economy) or take it off his website? It is likely paid for and now making money debt free and will probably run another 5+ years for him. Would seem idiotic to me for him to sell it now.

Mikey P

Administrator
No logic to his rant what so ever.

My guys use both trucks.
When we need to run two wands or dual it they take the V. Smaller routes and jobs get the L.

The V doesn't get the carpet any cleaner than my L but it sure goes quicker. Auto Vac reel, big fresh tank, lots of room inside so no taking this out to get to that.

Should I change my site to reflect that we use two types of trucks? I guess..

http://santacruzclean.com/blog/about/ (click on the word Cargo... :lol: :lol: :shock: )

Hope that makes you happy....

c4099fe6.jpg

Name
George Valliant
Hello Ken, what planet are you from?

Here on Earth when someone says one thing but does another it's called "being a hypocrite".

What do you mean Mikey can't sell it? Marty can figure out how to sell a V but Mikey can't?

Mikeys problem is he's got no nads!

I commend Mikey for his recent web update. The only thing left for him to do now is sell his big truck. Or quit talking smack bout it!

Ken Snow said:
George, why are you consumed with the hypocrite monikor? Haven't you ever thought one thing and then after you have preached it to people and gotten more info down the road changed you opinion or belief? I know have.

Why the heck would Mike sell it (in a depressed economy) or take it off his website? It is likely paid for and now making money debt free and will probably run another 5+ years for him. Would seem idiotic to me for him to sell it now.

Name
George Valliant
Re: it's official, the

Jim Martin just posted his V for sale in the garage sale.

I think that speaks volumes bout the mans character?

What are you waiting for Mikey?

Are you chicken?

Practice what you preach buddy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom