Jabsco APO mounting

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I need a better way to mount the pump and adjust the belt. You can see from the pics that the TM manufacture just had it bolted in place using the slots to move it back and forth. It has never been aligned properly and can't be using the existing method. Looking for an adjustable mount that could be attached to the existing mount.
Assorted013.jpg

Assorted014.jpg

Assorted015.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
That looks like Powerclean machine? My Genesis has that Jabsco pump with a slotted bracket that works fine. You might have to find a metal fab shop that can make you what you want.

Does that pump have a prime hose running to it for pump start-up?

(another suggestion.....get rid of that 90* elbow, and run a straight nipple off the pump, and run the bend with the hose....better flow and less chance of debris clogging up the el)

jimn

Shane,

Give me a call tomorrow or e-mail me @ napej@powercleanind.com

Some detailed photos would be good so I can figure out what is happening/happened with this APO bracket.

One more thing, we made a change a few years ago to the APO discharge portion of the pump. Turn the discharge elbow up to about the 2:00 position. You may need a longer 3/4" hose to do so to create a loop. What this does is keep water in the impellar when the APO turns off. It will increase the life of the impellar because it will not only have the prime for the APO but the left-over water as well.

I would like to know what the challenge is so I can aid in resolving it.

Name
Al
While you have the pump off make or buy the right type of gasket for your pump. That materal you are using will allow air past and you will not have proper lift from the pump. Also that pump must have the right spacing between the face plate and the pump blades.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Robert, Yes it does have the priming hose. The elbow does not pose a problem for me. I only turn the pump on as needed and almost never leave it on while cleaning. The biggest restriction in the system is the hose reel I use for the APO hose.

Jim, I will try and contact you tomarrow.

jimn

Shane T said:
Robert, Yes it does have the priming hose. The elbow does not pose a problem for me. I only turn the pump on as needed and almost never leave it on while cleaning. The biggest restriction in the system is the hose reel I use for the APO hose.

A "live" APO hose will increase back pressure on the APO and decrease the life of the impellar. Make sure you are also using a 3/4" discharge hose to prevent further backpressure.

I hope this helps.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
jimn said:
Shane T said:

A "live" APO hose will increase back pressure on the APO and decrease the life of the impellar. Make sure you are also using a 3/4" discharge hose to prevent further backpressure.

I hope this helps.
I have not had any problem with the impeller in the last couple years. I think it helps that I make sure the pump is primed before starting the engine and typically only have the pump on with the engine at an idle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom