Janitorial sales rep…

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
So about 2 months ago I started “working” as a sales rep for a local janitorial warehouse an old friend (we’ve been friends since high school) owns. I saw it as a nice addition to what I’m already doing when I seek out more commercial work. It requires nearly zero extra time and effort to include in my current situation. The supply house does a great job as far as service and has decent products (over 1100 different on hand).

However… and this is where I would like to hear some opinions on the state of the jan san supply industry, when I mention the supply end of things, nobody is receptive. At all. I don’t care if they have 100 employees and go through gloves and can liners like crazy ( sometimes we could save them thousands per year)… they don’t give a shit.

It has been quite an eye opener. It seems to me that between Cintas, Sam’s Club, the internet supply places, and the giant Jan San suppliers, all of these smaller outfits are on the way out.

Will local supply businesses soon be a thing of the past? I believe for the most part the answer is yes. Especially outside of the city metro areas.

Mikey P

Administrator
Cant say how my one and only supply house is doing.

They certainly dont rely on my support to survive.

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Cant say how my one and only supply house is doing.

They certainly dont rely on my support to survive.

They look like a pretty large operation since they have several locations in what looks like decent areas.

Are they the last man standing? How many supply houses where in your area 20, 30 years ago?

F

FB7777

A friend of mine from High School just sold Nextgen out this way after merging two local competitors MD Stetson and Simplex

pocketed legacy wealth

My goal is 5-6 trucks

grow it and sell it is the way to go

Reactions: AlienAgent

steve_64

My guys don't open their doors anymore. Call it in and they deliver.
They are my age and once they are gone that's it.
These guys once had east of the Mississippi a bunch of government buildings until Clinton gave preferential treatment to minorities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom