Jerry the king Lawler carpet cleaning lol

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was in Memphis last week visiting a friend . I was bored so I flipped through the yellow pages at rug cleaners to look at some ads from memphis while I was there. Then I saw it lol Jerry the king lawlers carpet cleaning lol. I guess that guy owns a rug cleaning business in memphis . I wonder if they do a good job ? Im sure Dan would know he is from memphis. I guess the funny part to me is its a former wrestler. Could you imagine if the macho man cleaned carpet lol ? Well it is memphis I must remind myself, I was also entertained by the commercial for a ghetto memphis car dealership called its all good auto sales lol, and another funny ghetto business called mo money tax returns lol.......only in the south

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
"the King" used to own some furniture stores and had his hands in some other businesses in this area, where they had wrestling on every Saturday broadcast from the coliseum.

He is a local hero.... I wonder if he could be a celeb guest at MikeFest?

Jerry's son Kevin owns the business. He got started by targeting restaurants. He would book the work and call cleaners with truck mounts and he would push the wand. They would move tables etc. I think he would pay them a hundred or 150. I don't really know. After he got about 75 accounts he bought a used tm. He wanted to use my equip once and I just laughed. Now he has an old Lancer with no working heat. This is his method. Please try not to laugh too hard. He mixes up oven cleaner, purple power, traffic lane cleaner, and slurry, and who knows what else. He takes a pressure washing tool and hoses the carept down at 1000 psi and floods the carpet. Then he vacuums the carpet with a wand to suck the water up. I heard this from some other cleaners. I have met hime several times and he seems like a nice guy. He just needs to learn how to clean properly. I have been behind him and his work is pretty shoddy. I even convinced some of his clients to pay me double and sometimes triple because I knew how to clean a filter. That lasted awhile and kept raising my prices until I wasn't really competitive anymore. Now some guy with a V is knocking them out for about 8 cents a foot and this guy payed full price for his rig (close to a hundred grand). It's fookin ridiculious. Dave Gill posted some nice photos of a job with rugs the other day. Memphis is loaded with multi million dollar homes. For the life of me I can't figure out why guys want to bottom feed especially with a 100,000 dollar machine.

Chris A

Name
Chris
.08 a foot isn't neccessarily bottom feeding if the guy is knocking out 2000 ft or more an hour, that's just high production...

Ok everyone seems to agree that you can clean more carpet per hour with a V. Maybe so but if you bid a job at 250 and the guy before was charging 450 (me) plus you have the overhead of a V something doesn't add up. You can only drive to and set up one maybe two in a night. Plus most want it done on the weekend. I am not saying they are not turning a profit, but trust me they are working their asses off for less than a guy with a portable, decent pricing, and low overhead would be making. I guess they fell for the bigger is better bait like so many others. Works for me.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Roddy Piper use to own a tranmission shop here

Maurice Lucas, Portland Trail Blazer that fought with Chocolate Thunder Darrell Dawkins, use to own a Janitorail Cleaning service, not sure if he still does. He is also fighting cancer

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
juniorc82 said:
ghetto memphis car dealership called its all good auto sales lol, and another funny ghetto business called mo money tax returns lol.......only in the south

I saw a Mo Money Tax Return in Detroit last year. I had to get out of my car and take a picture of the sign to show my CPA bro in law. Must be an inner city thang. Funny stupid name.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Art Kelley said:
juniorc82 said:
ghetto memphis car dealership called its all good auto sales lol, and another funny ghetto business called mo money tax returns lol.......only in the south

I saw a Mo Money Tax Return in Detroit last year. I had to get out of my car and take a picture of the sign to show my CPA bro in law. Must be an inner city thang. Funny stupid name.

Its a franchise. Opportunites in your are may still be avialable.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom