Jim let's talk RX-20 please

My old config was the three cone jets and five newer half vac slots. To be honest I never had any complaints with that setup, but started listening to all the board talk.

Then I went to the full slots you sent me with five 80015 jets for 7.5 flow. I also added slot glides.

I tried the new setup without the glides on a nasty nylon. OMG it cleaned deep as hell and even though I pounded a 200 sq ft room for thirty minutes the carpet was nearly dry when I left. That was on a 50' hose run btw.

The problem with that setup was the full slot was way too aggressive and I had problems with seams coming apart. Never once had a problem with the half slot. Also I was told the half slot runs better on cgd and all carpet types.

So I ran the RX with the glides. It does a good job and works great for flushing on pet jobs but takes longer to dry. A lot longer. I decided to reduce the flow to three 8002 jets for 6 flow and either leave the full slots and run the glides or go back to the half slots. The half slots do not look like they will accept the regular jets as the spray will not hit the open part of the slot.

I like the higher flow so my question is should I just leave it as is, or reduce the flow to three 8002 jets and just use the glides and go unglided when I think I can?

I really only use the rx on bad pet jobs that needs insane flushing. I will rinse an area for 5-10 minutes before moving. Then dry it out as best I can. Doing that and using an acid pre-spray has worked great for me.

It's not the drying time.

It's the fact that unglided full slots clean 10 times deeper than with the glides. I normally have to change the filter after half a room and that is with good prevac.

The glides do good, but I have seen the real potential.

Dry times are always good.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that nasty i did today.....the liv carpet was thicker and the 360 was not cutting it...so out comes the RX......you want dig out :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and i vacced that bitch good to......

shoulda taken a pic of the bottom of the RX to... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: damnit

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have low moister jets and short extenders on mine....5 open slots....no glides and in almost 9 years I have never torn a seam or anything.....you can get with joe..he has the low moister jets.....when you set the RX down in the cleaning angle...make sure that you get it as level as you can.....that does make a huge difference with the way it travels....you want the shoes to sit as flush to the floor as possible so it glides.......if it is angled to much it starts to dig...

you will get better dry times with glides....the only problem I had was they were always clogging up...and then it reduced the vacuum...that is why I do not use them anymore....

Jim Martin said:
I have low moister jets and short extenders on mine....5 open slots....no glides and in almost 9 years I have never torn a seam or anything.....you can get with joe..he has the low moister jets.....when you set the RX down in the cleaning angle...make sure that you get it as level as you can.....that does make a huge difference with the way it travels....you want the shoes to sit as flush to the floor as possible so it glides.......if it is angled to much it starts to dig...

you will get better dry times with glides....the only problem I had was they were always clogging up...and then it reduced the vacuum...that is why I do not use them anymore....

You have never pulled a seam with the full slots? I guess you just have to be careful, but man it can happen so fast.

I will try the slots the way they are for a while. If I run into any problems I can just throw the glides on.

I will keep the five 80015 jets. I thought about going to five 8001 jets, but with the full slots I can use 40 gallons of water and still get under 1 hour dry time. Man that setup will dig some shit out. You will go through three inline filters on one average sized job.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
with or with out any type of glide I have never pulled a seam...just watch the angle..she has to sit flat......

S

sam miller

I had old carpet and demo'd one at my old home with a legend se and It was soaked and I busted a seam but that carpet was old.

I got a used one when I got my 405 and it is a lot better with a bigger machine.

My mytee glides do dry real fast and it spin faster too. They do need cleaning every time I use them.

I would rather 175 and flush with ProchemTi wand .

I'm thinking using 1/2 extenders what size do our guys use on rx20?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
need a better vacuum shiteatinggrin

Just wondering, how well would the RX20 work if the jets and vacuum were offset like the other rotary tool thats just come out?

Because of the design of the head...staggered jets would not work well on the RX..........the vacuum slots/shoes is what gives it it's balance.....if you bend one arm just slightly out of shape it will be like driving a jack hammer....the thing will vibrate all over the place.....the star is the most important part on the machine...it has to sit flat and stay balanced.........

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel;

I think the ideal head design is the dual-height vac head,
on the Hoss 700 new rotary tool.

The front half of the vac head is lower than the rear half.

That provides more agitation for better cleaning when the rear half extracts the carpet.

Larry

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Larry Cobb said:
Daniel;

I think the ideal head design is the dual-height vac head,
on the Hoss 700 new rotary tool.

The front half of the vac head is lower than the rear half.

That provides more agitation for better cleaning when the rear half extracts the carpet.

Larry

Larry,

Could that also cause streaking (clean streaking)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom