Jim Martin. Check out my modifications. Thanks for the help

I noticed in your pictures you used 90 degree elbows. Your elbows looked a little larger than the ones I ordered. I noticed that the jet was more towards the inside of the glide. I could see that being a problem trying to get close to a wall etc. I took the connector that was between the 45's and made a 90 and used a connector off the 4 inch nipple. The jet sits more to the outer edge of the glide. Ideally I would like it in the center but I didn't have the parts. I used two 90 degree elbows so the jet would be closer to the inside of the glide and three set up closer to the outside of the glide. This should give more even coverage and clean faster imo. I am going to give it a whirl tomorrow. If you look in the photos you can see how the jet is lined up farther or past the nut with the two 45's and in more with the 90 degree elbow.

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I see what you are try to do and it is a good idea but.....if you can put the jets in the center of the glides you are going to get better performance for your dry times...with the jets off set to the inside of the shoe/skid.....your jet fan pattern is going to shoot more toward the inside of the star and be a very uneven pattern.... you are either going to have to make some real good dry passes or you are going to have wet areas all over the carpet....the 80015 jets fan out just past each side of the glide .....the way mine is set up...I can get the carpets clean up to about a 1/4 inch off the wall with very little over spray...aside for the jet extenders... this set up is pretty much how it comes on the older style RX star...I can see your idea maybe working better with out the extenders on the jets so the fan pattern is spraying further out....but you are still going to have to pick up the over spray with more dry passes....

I would put them in the center and just tip them enough to spray a even pattern right at the front of the glide....
Try your idea and let me know...I could be off base with this...but by looking at it this is what I am seeing may happen...

Reall? You think it will overspray. I will try it and if it doesn't work what would you recommend to get it centered? Can I get a bigger elbow or a small extension? I really want it centered but couldn't figure out how to acheive that. If I went with the elbows I have now the spray would be contained more to the inside and any overspray in the inside would be picked up by one of the 5 vac slots. If it oversprays to the outside, then yes I would have to dry stroke which I don't want to do. I guess I will have to run it. Anyways it should clean A LOT better than it did with half slots and three cone jets.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the 1/8 inch pipe on mine is 4 inches long and the elbow you should be able to get at any hardware store....and it should put the jet damn near center...

33.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What do you guys use your RXs for? I hardly ever use mine. Beach properties full of sand or maybe inch-plus shag. For everything else, a 175 or OP scrub and glided wand does at least as well and is faster and easier for me.

Johnny said:
What do you guys use your RXs for? I hardly ever use mine. Beach properties full of sand or maybe inch-plus shag. For everything else, a 175 or OP scrub and glided wand does at least as well and is faster and easier for me.

I never use the rx for residential. I use it for commercial work where I need a lot of flush. Regardless to what people will say some carpets streak with a wand glided or not and the rx will eliminate this.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
danielc said:
Johnny said:

I never use the rx for residential. I use it for commercial work where I need a lot of flush. Regardless to what people will say some carpets streak with a wand glided or not and the rx will eliminate this.

With an RX you sometimes get swirls. With a wand you sometimes get streaks. Either can be padded out. Just depends which muscles you want to work.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Johnny said:

so you are going over an area with a 175 or scrubbing with an OP and then using a wand and going over it again..?

I use my RX more then I use my wand and only have to go over the area once.........one would think that only having to go over the area once would be faster......

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jim Martin said:
Johnny said:

so you are going over an area with a 175 or scrubbing with an OP and then using a wand and going over it again..?

I use my RX more then I use my wand and only have to go over the area once.........one would think that only having to go over the area once would be faster......

I also RXed almost every HWE job for many years. The last couple years I've been prescrubing (usually with a Brute OP), then rinsing with a 15 flow Greenhorn.

I prefer the seperate steps; they seem to take no longer, they're maybe even a little faster. Especially with a helper who can scrub ahead of my wanding. Also, not every square foot needs a scrub. Less than ten percent of wanded jobs need a post-pad.

Just my perception, which may be skewed by many factors.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Johnny said:
Jim Martin said:
Johnny said:

I also RXed almost every HWE job for many years. The last couple years I've been prescrubing (usually with a Brute OP), then rinsing with a 15 flow Greenhorn.

I prefer the seperate steps; they seem to take no longer, they're maybe even a little faster. Especially with a helper who can scrub ahead of my wanding. Also, not every square foot needs a scrub. Less than ten percent of wanded jobs need a post-pad.

I have to agree with Johnny on this one.. "With a CREW"...aggitation with a 175 in the
path areas...followed by a good flushing wand ...can give be faster than a two man crew
RXing...The edges and corners must be wanded reguardless..!

However...with a single operator...the RX can elimanate a step in the cleaning procedure...
Also remember.!!!..Jim is operating a VORTEX...It makes a differance.. :wink:

Using the 175 for aggitation ...also eliminates a lot of pre-spotting...Thus leaving the wand
operater to basically just RINSE and dry...! my RX20's are collecting dust... :oops:

We even RXed and Wanded..before GLIDES...to reduce "dry times".... :oops: :oops: :oops:

HARPERPIC117.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom