Joe Domin, Mike Rhoden

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
What's everyone think about DriEaz starting a CC and TM division with Joe Domin and Mike Rhoden.

Just in case you are new Mike designed all the PC truck mounts and Joe is the wizard behind their chemicals.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Is this a good time to add another brand? I suppose since the DriEaz/Unsmoke team has the money and these two bring the expertise, it could work. They need to have something unique though, as another version of today's truckmount will just move market share around.

Just remind Mike of the engineer's axiom: The simplest, least expensive item that works is the right one.

And no optical brighteners!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Joe is so unlike any chemist I've ever known. He has one of the most outgoing, sunny personalities of anyone I've known in that field.

He'll be coming out of retirement if he does this; good for him.

I've known him and Mike for over 20 years; both have given a great deal to the industry, and will be a great asset to the "Legends" group.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Are they not crossing the line extension rule?

Those two are definitely a good way to start a competing line.

However both Drieaz and Unsmoke are very defined in who they are. Neither have had much to do with carpet cleaning.

Will a cleaner buy their product simply because it has the Drieaz brand on it?

I buy and use Drieaz and Unsmoke products, they are some of the best products out there. But will I switch my carpet cleaning chemical line and equipment? I don't know?

Maybe if it's something dramatically better, but probably not if it's just repackaged.
:?:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Was it Mike who designed all those TMs that were a POS to work on?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Bill can you fill us in on the details?

My take is this.

Gerber the baby food company tired to break into frozen dinner market a few years ago. It flopped though. No one could wanted to eat dinners, no matter how good they were, because they couldn't get the thought of Gerber being a baby food company out of their heads.

Stick to what you do well.

Greenie

Micah makes a valid point.

But with Mike and Joe heading up the venture, wouldn't that exactly be what they ARE doing, what tehy do well?

I see it as a viable threat, and will indeed reapportion market share.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
It would make a difference for those of us in the know, but how many cleaners, both old and new, know the names Rhodin and Domin?

It will definitely be interesting. If they come out of the gate doing right. like Blueline did, they may have a pretty good chance.

But, how fast can the Legend brand grow and how big can it get before it self destructs?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
MicahR said:
but how many cleaners, both old and new, know the names Rhodin and Domin?

I'd venture a guess those that read the trade mags would recognize Joe's name.
if for no other reason, just cause of the PC juice ads Joe has started in.
Mike would have less name recognition I'd s'pect.

those completely out of the loop depend mostly on their suppliers/distys for recommendations/info I'd guess

however, DriEaz is a name most would recognize, I'd reckon.
But their rise and/or fall of the venture will be determined by marketing shinny new products.
Their long term viability will ultimately be determined by whether their new equipment and chems pass muster in real world conditions.

The market seems so saturated now with juice (no pun intended) and TMs, they're going to need to build a better mouse trap or have some kind of USP to flourish and not just be "another" juice and TM manufacture

..L.T.A.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Lee Stockwell said:
Isn't Mike's last name "Roden"?

Yes lee you are correct on the spelling.

Micah I don't know anymore than what the press release stated. But as you have noticed there has been a massive consolidation of maufacturers over the last few years. Very few of the original owners still at it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Joe Domin and I are working on a product that works like Matrix Grand Slam that will sell for 9.95 a gallon.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I spoke to Joe when I first started back in 92.
I called the PC phone number and got connected to him.

I then told him how I thought "Crystal Blue" sucked at cleaning.

He laughed and sent me gallon samples of I believe xl-333.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Sorry Bill. I spend too much time with Mike and Odin.

Its all good folks; I'm not involved with Joe; just having some fun at my buddy's expense. Bill has a multitude of ways to get me back, and I'm sure something is in the works already! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom