Joe Life Jacket solution line cover

L

Lumber Jack

Joe has come up with a solution line cover that is self closeing its like a second skin for your sol line. I have been testing it for about a month now and this is some of the bennys of it.
1 Doesn't leave burn marks in the carpet from high heat.You can handle the hose with bare hands and no burns.
2 Doesn't leave the clean streaks in the carpet as the hot hose lays and moves on the carpet from triging the wand.
3 in case of blow out the hot water wont spray all over the place or some one or CHILD
4 The best part the water stays hotter in the hose as it makes its way to the wand. Without the Life Jacket cover my temps were around 190 I have seen the temps as high as 230. And when cleaning empties my water temp at the wand has been around 210-225
5 The hose slides much easier on the carpet and around corners the silk like cover just slides vrs the hot rubber grabbing no more paint lines on the outer cover of your sol line.
Now there are some things that are on the down side
1 Takes up a little more room on the hose reel. I have started doing the figure 8 roll up of the hose and hanging it in the van as the LJ does take a little getting used to.
some times if you drag it in the dirt some small rocks can make there way into the liner.
I have not used it much in rain and dirt so not to sure how it will do but so far I love the extra heat at the wand.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it's the same stuff, (a woven fabric) Prochem has been putting it on their machines on the high pressure lines for years.

While I certainly like the idea, I'm just not sure how practical it would be for use on your solution lines.

Rocks inside it? :shock:
Sounds like you won't use it for too long before you get frustrated with it. :shock:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Would the higher heat shorten the life of the hose?

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID BUT YOU CAN VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
my solution line has been covered for years at the wand connection aprox 5' with 3/4 clear hose. it protects the hose/metal connection and catchs all breaks if every they happen. Prior to using it I had to redo the end every 3-4 mnths because of strain. I can go a full year now with no problems which is when I replace and move back in the rotation. It also protects the leg from the hose.

gene

L

Lumber Jack

yes it is a self closing wrap not sure what it is made of it is a cloth type material reminds me of seat belt type material just not that thick. I will have to ask Joe he told me I'm sure just can't remember.
He has 3 different sizes the first one I tried was to loose that why the rocks were getting into it 25mm
The next size 19mm is a little better fit. The 13mm fits like a glove tight to the hose but testing has showed that the 19mm retains better heat as it has some air to insulate once it gets warmed up. the 13mm is good but becase it is so tight to the hose the heat seems to radiate through it more easily.
It is a little akward to roll up but in the cold weather the extra cover really seems to help from the van to the house. Its got to made out of polyester or nylon becase it is very strong.
I think you guys that deal with really cold winters would like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom