John Olson Rocks : ) setting up Eric Valentine

Eric Valentine was one of the first MB's I met when I first came onto the board about 3 years ago. At this time Eric was cleaning with a portable. Eric always dreamed of having a truckmount. Going from a portable to a truckmount is like cutting grass in a ten acre field with a push lawn mower and going to a riding lawn mower.

I don't think I've ever met anybody who wanted a truckmount more than Eric. We talked on Skype a lot and he was always talking about how bad he needed one. We talked about used equipment and new.

He even talked about buying Marty's $13K rig which I think is a Hell of a deal, and if anybody needs an outfit they need to get with Marty and see if he still has it. One of the biggest problems with Eric buying a unit from me was the distance.

Eric was finally able to get enough money together to realize his childhood dream of owning a truckmount. When his first grade teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up, Eric said, "A Carpet Cleaner with a a dad gum truckmount."

So we were looking at other options for him. He looked at a couple in Las Vegas, Greenie, John Olson, and Terry's electric units. I think John and I run similar operations. We both have emergency room style truckmount repair centers. We are also capable of reengineering truckmounts.

John had an Avenger heat exchange unit that he reengineered to be more reliable and simple. Besides that, it had more heat than it was originally designed with thanks to the addition of a Little Giant heater. Eric finally decided to get the unit from John, so he drove down to his location to have it installed.

There is one thing I have to say about John Olson. He did Eric Valentine right on this deal. You are not going to believe what Eric got for $4500. Eric will have to post anything I can't remember about the details. The system came with a brand new #3 Little Giant heater, brand new pressure hose, a 300ft. vacuum hose reel, and a tremendous amount of chemicals. This price included installation.

Anyhow, I just felt like John should be recognized for this, because I've basically seen the industry from the beginning, and I've received phone calls from people all over the U.S. about how they have been taken advantage of since I've become a member of MB. So when you finally find somebody in this industry that is honest now a days, it is kind of a rarity.

thumbsup.gif

LES

Name
John LaBarbera
Hey Les, are you sure you're talking about the same John Olson we all know? Just kidding, sounds like he gave Eric a great deal. The parts are worth more than $4500.00. Eric is a good guy too. Glad to hear he got a good deal.

Warren Wallace said:
so les I to am going from a porty to truck mount can I get the same kind of hook up:)
Warren, what you are getting ready to do is to go from a push lawn mower cutting a 10 acre field to a souped up 100 mph Bush Hog.

Jimbo

I have to agree with you, Les...it is refreshing to find folks that really care...Like Mr & Mrs Olson!

The Preacher

Eric can carry more free samples in his hands than any cleaner i've ever met.

i saw him in Vegas with so many samples he coulda made MArdy cry!!!! :shock:

Name
Eric Valentine
I got 200' of goodyear solution line, 200' of used 2" vac hose (was on the reel), the 300' ball bearing hose reels (I carry 250' of 2" hose and 265' of solution line), a westpak s-bend stair tool, 2 cases of chemicals, the new #3 little giant heater, a used hydroforce water softner (I need to get a part for it before it will work), and enough samples and other goodies to fill 3 more boxes (the ones that hold 4 gallons of chems).

I added up all the freebies and stuff not on the invoice, and came up with over $800.00 worth of stuff (retail prices). John has a first class operation going, and is definitely one of the good guys. The $4500.00 figure Les posted was with buying a few other things (new feather touch valve, boat gas tank).

Danny, one of the good advantages of being a local here in Veegas :wink: I almost dislocated my shoulders carrying all that crap to the van.

G

That's cool!

You should see what I got from Chuck for $4000. He did throw in an old low speed rex though! It works pretty good. And I gotta say this TM gets HOT!
Some people ask why I bought the set up (can't say I blame them), but it seems deals like what Eric got are kept pretty quiet and hard to come by. I bought out of desperation. I've got some pretty serious EZ issues and was reduced to cleaning with a Mytee 1003 porti myself for a while. Chuck seemed to be the only one who was offering something anywhere near that price. And he threw in a bunch of old chems and spotters too (he moved to China and couldn't get them on the plane). It's tough for a worn out fat guy to haul around and clean with nothing but one of them porti's! Takes for ever to clean a 3bdrm house too!

But anyways, great going Eric and John!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thank You Les.

Just doing my part to try to rid the world of BDCCITIS :wink:

Serioulsy though I was glad we where able to help Eric. The machine only had 400 hours on it I think. The HX where gone so we put new mufflers on it instead and put the #3 Little Giant on it. Talking to Eric at Mikeyfest I knew who needed it and made it work for his budget.

Eric is a great guy and just needed a break and I hope by this time next year he will have put a 1000 hours on the thing and will be ready for another truck

Name
Eric Valentine
It had less than 270 hours when you sold it to me. I am keeping an eye out for a box truck, so I can have room to carry all my supplies, and for the rolling billboard qualities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom