John Travoltas Son Dies.........

R

R W

So.........we will probably start hearing about "Kawasaki Syndrome" in the next weeks. Those of us that have been in the business long enough remember his wife, Kelly Preston, blaming their son's early childhood sicknesses on "Kawasaki Syndrome", which she says was caused by carpet cleaning chemicals. It was all over the news, but faded away after a while. Preston hit all the TV talk shows, blaming carpet cleaning for making kids sick. That, of course, wasn't proven, but it still makes the news and connects the disease with recently cleaned carpet in the home.

It's sad that their son died by seizure, and I hope it doesn't bring KS back to the headline news again.

Name
I'm Rick James
Isnt he into that L. ron hubbard crap. I heard he refused medical treatment for his son. I think it was Mr saturday night or some other brainwashed celeb.

Scott

Thing is their kid has long been rumored to be autistic. Did Travolta and Preston ever seek diagnosis or treatment for that? Heaven's no - it's outside of their religion to do that. So they blamed Kawasaki Syndrome this whole time while his ailment was most likely autism.

I haven't seen any K.S. articles in the news yet, which frankly is a bit surprising, but they'll be here soon enough so get ready.

Rag Spinner

Name
Greg Vitagliano
Scott said:
Thing is their kid has long been rumored to be autistic. Did Travolta and Preston ever seek diagnosis or treatment for that? Heaven's no - it's outside of their religion to do that. So they blamed Kawasaki Syndrome this whole time while his ailment was most likely autism.

I haven't seen any K.S. articles in the news yet, which frankly is a bit surprising, but they'll be here soon enough so get ready.

FCC said:
Isnt he into that L. ron hubbard crap. I heard he refused medical treatment for his son. I think it was Mr saturday night or some other brainwashed celeb
FCC said:
Looks like it has.....most articles mention kawasaki/ carpet cleaning in some way. Most saying there is no proof of a link but its only a matter of time before the sheeple are fed a couple youtube vids..........
Looks like it has.....most articles mention kawasaki/ carpet cleaning in some way. Most saying there is no proof of a link but its only a matter of time before the sheeple are fed a couple youtube vids..........

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm
R W said:
So.........we will probably start hearing about "Kawasaki Syndrome" in the next weeks. Those of us that have been in the business long enough remember his wife, Kelly Preston, blaming their son's early childhood sicknesses on "Kawasaki Syndrome", which she says was caused by carpet cleaning chemicals. It was all over the news, but faded away after a while. Preston hit all the TV talk shows, blaming carpet cleaning for making kids sick. That, of course, wasn't proven, but it still makes the news and connects the disease with recently cleaned carpet in the home.

It's sad that their son died by seizure, and I hope it doesn't bring KS back to the headline news again.

This is in poor taste hours after parents have lost a child. Whether you agree or disagree with their beliefs of Kawasaki Syndrome and/or their religion for Gods sake they just lost a child.

I pray that you never feel the pain they must be feeling.

You should be ashamed of your posts. Not that I disagree with your feelings on what she has said, but my God have you NO hearts? I shed tears when I read of this parents lose. You should all kiss your children if you are blessed enough to have any.

SHAME ON YOU

Name
I'm Rick James
Whoa rag spinner, obvious we are sorry for their lost but could it of been prevented.

Greg aka Rag spinner

Do you see the picture of that beautiful young girl in RW's avatar ? She was killed by a drunk driver. How can you be so callous as to say anything to him about not losing a child ?

G

Some of you guys act like you don't think Kawasaki Syndrome is real.

You do know it's real, right?

Rag Spinner

Name
Greg Vitagliano
Chris Muetterties said:
Greg aka Rag spinner

Do you see the picture of that beautiful young girl in RW's avatar ? She was killed by a drunk driver. How can you be so callous as to say anything to him about not losing a child ?

Callous cut me an effing break?????? Then RW should have more sympathy for the family of the deceased knowing first hand what the Travolta's are feeling.

I am always saddened when a parent needs to bury a child. I didn't mean to offend RW nor did I know of his loss. But I still fell his post was not timed appropriately.

Rag Spinner

Name
Greg Vitagliano
FCC said:
You need to get the doc to lower your estrogen dose....

There is nothing here that people haven't been saying for years. People have even picketed the home fearing for the childs health.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b77270_ ... topstories

While I empathize with the family with a little bit of spin this could hurt the industry and that is what this thread is about.

You must be kidding me. Lower my estrogen dose?????? You need to check your EFFIN organs for a heart.

Bury a child.................than talk about estrogen count. You effin heartless emmeffer.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
http://www.nowpublic.com/health/jett-tr ... cientology

10 sides to every story :roll:

We have a child in one of the families in our church and they wondered if she had Autism. It's sad to see. They think she's even worse than autistic but I can't remember the name of the other disease she has now been diagnosed with.

It's always sad for a parent(s) to loose a child, but at the same time, it's in the media, and if its in the media, then there is an increased likelyhood that we'll encounter questions relating to it.

Maybe it's a forewarning to double check our procedures to minimise risk, exposure etc not only for our customers but also ourselves and out technicians.

Sometimes you can't control what comes out of the media, but you can control what effect it has on you and your business.

John

tjan42

The research seems to indicate that KS is not caused by cleaning chems but the release of bacteria, fungus and other things into the air that was in the carpet while cleaning. It is recommended that kids not enter the areas for 4 hours. Perhaps improper cleaning procedures can cause the problem? Since living next to stagnant water can cause it, can't belive it's the chems.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Just researched the Kawasaki link on the Stanford University website which states no link between KD and carpet cleaning.

Also, articles I have seen proposing a link refer to "carpet shampooing" and also seem to mention home carpet cleaning, not "steam cleaning".

Another article mentions the fact that KD is most common in Japan, and that would seem to disprove the carpet cleaning as a cause, not sure why, maybe carpet is not the floorcovering of choice in Japan?

Do you know of any carpet cleaners that have a child with KD? If CC were the cause it would seem that many of our children would have this through contact with us, our clothes, repeated cleaning in our home, etc.

I have a customer who's child got KS after a Rag Spinner cleaned their home in another town. She called me very scared to clean again. She had many of her new friends in the area reading all the articles of Kelley Preston, once they read her story it was fact and nothing else mattered.

I have read RW's comments 5 times and the only shitty post here is from ragspinner

I have close friends who's 4 year old died with flu like symptoms. Every time there is a child lost I can see in their eyes that pain as they relive it. I have no doubt that RW has that same pain every time.

Chris

Scott

rhino1 said:
Do you know of any carpet cleaners that have a child with KD? If CC were the cause it would seem that many of our children would have this through contact with us, our clothes, repeated cleaning in our home, etc.

David Hebert's son, Armand, contracted K.S. when he was an infant. He's discussed it a few times on ICS. Maybe Mikey and the gang could put him and his wife Christine on the Hotseat here, if they agree to it, because they know a ton about the disease and could help all of us understand it a little better.

Name
Eric Valentine
A few questions come to mind if in fact cleaning carpet can bring upon the onset of KS:

1 ) What method was used (OP, HWE, Bonnet, HOST)?
2 ) Was the cleaning done properly (reputable cleaner, or total hack)?
3 ) What cleaning solutions were used (maybe a common ingredient)?
4 ) What kind of equipment was used (porty, TM, dept. store unit, rental)?
5 ) When was the last time the carpet was vacuumed before cleaning (days, months, never)?
6 ) How often was the carpet vacuumed?
7 ) Does the vacuum work properly (proper filtration, maintained regularly, used correctly)?
8 ) Did the parents do any other cleaning that normally they wouldn't do?
8b) If yes, what cleaning solutions/methods were used?
9 ) Is the HVAC system working properly (clean filters, maintained, higher efficiency filters)?
10) What cleaners are used on a regular basis in the home (laundry detergent, air fresheners, etc...)

Too many variables and other possible causes to even be able to blame carpet cleaning.

R

R W

Rag Spinner said:
Scott said:

FCC said:
Isnt he into that L. ron hubbard crap. I heard he refused medical treatment for his son. I think it was Mr saturday night or some other brainwashed celeb
FCC said:

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm
[quote="R W":3oaxni0s]So.........we will probably start hearing about "Kawasaki Syndrome" in the next weeks. Those of us that have been in the business long enough remember his wife, Kelly Preston, blaming their son's early childhood sicknesses on "Kawasaki Syndrome", which she says was caused by carpet cleaning chemicals. It was all over the news, but faded away after a while. Preston hit all the TV talk shows, blaming carpet cleaning for making kids sick. That, of course, wasn't proven, but it still makes the news and connects the disease with recently cleaned carpet in the home.

This is in poor taste hours after parents have lost a child. Whether you agree or disagree with their beliefs of Kawasaki Syndrome and/or their religion for Gods sake they just lost a child.

I pray that you never feel the pain they must be feeling.

You should be ashamed of your posts. Not that I disagree with your feelings on what she has said, but my God have you NO hearts? I shed tears when I read of this parents lose. You should all kiss your children if you are blessed enough to have any.

SHAME ON YOU[/quote:3oaxni0s]

Rag spinner.....I understand how you feel about our comments, because I went through the same thing 6 years ago. After I buried my Daughter, I had heard, through the "grapevine", that she was drunk, driving too fast, careless..........it was none of the above, but I still had to hear the words. We still don't know what happened to her that cold night, but it was "none of the above". She somehow took her eyes off the road an lost control, rolled the car over 6 times and was ejected through the windshield. I still can't sleep a full night without Xanax and Ambien. It's a nightmare that never ends for my Wife and I.

My sympathies go out to John and Kelly for the loss of their son......I've been there and know the feeling. Kelly Preston was quite ingnorant years ago when she blamed all her sons problems on "Kawasakis Syndrome"....supposedly from carpet cleaning....and being a celebrity, she had a "soapbox" to preach from. Believe me, after she buries her son, she will bring up the KS again.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My first thought is that IF carpet cleaning is the "cause" of Kawasaki Synd, then why aren't there many more cases??? I've been cleaning since 1992. 1000's of carpets are cleaned every year here in Victoria. I can't remember an out break here? I know I've cleaned in homes where there are babies and toddlers, with no incidents!
How many cleaners, you or ones you know of, have cleaned a place where this has "disease" has occurred?

John Middleton said:
Maybe it's a forewarning to double check our procedures to minimise risk, exposure etc not only for our customers but also ourselves and out technicians.
And what procedures are exposing people to higher risk???
Vacuuming?? Most cleaners don't do that anyway
Prespray? We're always going for greener solutions already. The one report mentioned spot cleaning. Is it the solutions used? Which ones?
Grooming?
Rinsing? Fresh water or rinse agent? Rinsed well enough?
Any post spray application? They weren't even mentioned, just cleaning?

The only real variable is the solutions and rinse. It would be interesting to determine just which companies/methods/solutions were employed before each incident of this disease occurred. They never mention specific details.

R

R W

Today the news reports that JT said that his son's problems could have been caused by "household cleaners". My understanding is that JT and Kelly were clean freaks. They also treated his illnesses in accordance with Scientology recommendations.......not medical advice.

God bless them both.....it's a tradegy.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jon Don has placed an article on our website www.jondon.com for general information on Kawasaki Disease.

While there is nothing new in the article we have placed it there for the thousands of cleaners that do not frequent BBs.

Hopefully enough people will be informed so that KD stops being a problem for our industry everytime someone dredges up old information.

Unfortunately old info is hard to stop. We are still dealing with the myth that proper carpet cleaning causes carpet to resoil.

Our prayers go out to all those who have suffered the loss of a child.

DRScrivner

I want to say that I feel for the family as that is a tragic loss.

Persoanlly I do not plan to bring this up at any time, unless asked. I ALWAYS tell clients to not allow small children to crawl or lay directly on the carpeting for 24 hours after cleaning.

Anyways...I have Google Alerts and this came in my e-mail today:

Google Alert - Carpet Cleaning, Tucson?
Sent: Mon 1/05/09 12:26 PM
To: DRScrivner@hotmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: Carpet Cleaning, Tucson

Lowongan Pekerjaan: Tips, Easy way To Get Fast Job| Situs Info ...
By info-oke
Tucson? Kingman? Bullhead City? Pick an area and start to accumulate information. If it’s possible to visit, by all means get out and see it. Now you have areas and locations and lists of businesses in those areas. ...
Lowongan Pekerjaan - http://info-dunia-kerja.blogspot.com/

kelly prestons son | Latest Breaking News Trends
Fumes given off by rug cleaners can cause cancer, damage the liver, and have … John Travolta and Kelly Preston’s son almost died from carpet cleaners. … Tucson Weekly: Film Clips (December 17 - December 23, 1998) ...
Latest Breaking News Trends - http://www.latest-breaking-news-trends.com/

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
http://www.kidsneedus.com/index2.html
http://www.checnet.org/healthehouse/edu ... ain_ID=443
http://www.checnet.org/healthehouse/edu ... ain_id=442

Its sad to see a child die. I can't imagine what they are going through.

However, when the media and other people start going off half cocked about unproven theories, when they write the articles "implicating" but not accusing carpet cleaning, it really starts to bother me.
Media seems to think because something happens to a famous actor/actress then it becomes a battle cry.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, I would say this one is almost enough to give them a call.... :shock: No proof but they make a statement like this...

John Travolta and Kelly Preston’s son almost died from carpet cleaners. (Click)

I could not think of how hard it would be to lose one of my kids, but the media and there misinformation is way out of line on this one...

G

Re: Kawasaki syndrome article
Posted By Christine Hebert on 4/14/2002 at 10:14 PM
I don't know about not cleaning your carpets....when my son got Kawasaki syndrome, he was 5 months old, our carpets had not been cleaned in at least 3 months, and he had not been exposed to the chemicals or the clean carpet within 2 hours of the carpet being cleaned(all of which supposedly increase risk of KS). I sincerely dobt that the majority of children who get KS have been exposed to carpet cleaning, especially since the minority of cases are in caucasians. It seems the rate of KS is highest in Japanese children (in Japan) and among Japanese Americans...I am no expert, but I was uinder the impression that in Japan, they do not have carpeting in their homes like we do.....It really is a shame that KP and JT are so convinced that KS is an allergic reaction to carpet cleaning. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so gullible.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Kawasaki syndrome article
Posted By Josh Wood on 4/15/2002 at 1:54 PM
When my daughter was diagnosed with KS, we were told most cases are found in very young Asian children. The subject of carpet cleaning didn't even come up.

Re: Kelly Preston,
Posted By Christine Hebert on 4/13/2002 at 11:18 PM
All the research states the Kawasaki syndrome is a disease with no known cause, is not considered communicable, tends to happen in clusters, affects children under 5...
And the high fever and rash are only the tip of the iceberg. The inflammation of the coronary ateries and possible aortic aneurysms in the HEALING phase of the disease are the truly scary parts. That is why the children need to be on a regimen of aspirin following the IVIG therapy that is the recommended treatment, and why they are followed by cardiologists after treatment to be sure there is no ballooning of the arteries. NOWHERE does it say it is an allergic reaction to carpet cleaning chemicals. In fact, the only mention of carpet cleaning in the research was documented after a cluster of cases in Colorado where a good number of people had recently CLEANED THEIR OWN CARPETS!!!!!!!! This has caused at least one researcher to hypothesize that mold may have something to do with it....Of course, when our Armand had Kawaski syndrome in 2000, all the docs were fascinated the David is a carpet cleaner. It is extremely irresponsible of someone like Kelly Preston to point the finger at carpet cleaning. Of course, some doctor who didn't know any better probably said it was an allergic reaction.
Re: carpet cleaning and Kawasaki syndrome
Posted By Josh Wood on 3/13/2003 at 4:21 PM
Our adopted daughter had KS right after she turned 5 yrs. old and it took 1-2 yrs to recover but she did thank God. She is a healthy nine yr. old now. There was no specific diagnosis as to the cause but the specialist believe it had to do with her immune system weakened by severe colds/flu, nothing indicating her surroundings.

Bob Wittkamp had an article on it-

http://www.icsmag.com/CDA/Archives/8b05 ... 32a8c0____

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Scott W. also sent me a bit of info on it as well if you're interested I reckon I could e-mail it ya?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks for that post Josh... The media pisses me off quite a bit by filling there time in with horse poo stories... Doom and gloom is all they report, and I don't watch it anymore..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom