Jon Don Spot Out

F

FB7777

Just ordered JonDons spot out for the first time

I've been using Home Pro as a give a way for years but the JonDon deal is fantastic.

I also saw a nice tip on the SFS website, giving a spotting towel with the lifetime spotter to the consumer

I plan on stopping in at 2 of my carpet retailers that refer a good amount of work to me , drop off a case to display bottles next to my cards.

At 8oz, the bottles are smaller than I'm used to but so cheap you can't lose handing them out to everyone you meet :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
pfred said:
Just ordered JonDons spot out for the first time ... I also saw a nice tip on the SFS website, giving a spotting towel with the lifetime spotter to the consumer

I plan on stopping in at 2 of my carpet retailers that refer a good amount of work to me , drop off a case to display bottles next to my cards.

At 8oz, the bottles are smaller than I'm used to but so cheap you can't lose handing them out to everyone you meet :mrgreen:
Yeah, Fred, Chris Sutton with CarpetMD sent that TIP in and won our quarterly QuickTIPS contest. I thought it was a fantastic idea. Chris even says that when he gives his customers another bottle of Spot Out at the following year cleaning they ask, "Do I get another towel too?" Here's the complete QuickTIP from Chris:

http://sfs.jondon.com/7043/resources/qu ... ne-ringing

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I'm the guy that invented the FREE Lifetime Spotter concept and brought it to Jon-Don way back when they hired me in 1994. Unfortunately I didn't ask for a royalty on the idea!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I was just looking into getting more spot out yesterday.

A client wanted some more and I didn't have any on the truck.

Made me rember that I also need a bunch for an up coming event as a vendor give away.(One of my referral groups)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I use the vets trust and the spot out..... vets trust is awesome.. spot out is ok. But i like the homepro chemical better! But i use the jondon because i like the bigger bottles. they need to improve the spotter for real..customers call and ask for the "old stuff" i need to order some to have on hand

MerCrewser

Is it possible to get your logo printed in color on the smaller 8 ounce bottles? I received larger bottles and fewer of them.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thats how they trick you!! i want the small bottles with my color custom logo.... they cant do it..!!! lol

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Newman said:
What product am I giving away in the Jon Don spot out bottles?
It is a all purpose, neutral and most importantly non-toxic spotter, Norm. I'm not saying it is the best spotter out there but when you give your customers a spotter you want it to be safe above all else- to their textiles and their kids!

For common household spills Spot-Out works very well- especially if you "throw in the towel" to use it with! :)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS You can get your logo and any other custom company information you want put on the 8 ounce Spot-Out. (Some of our customers have one Spot-Out to give away at carpet stores with a "free room offer" or other offer and then a separate one to give to long time clients.) The label is Blue with yellow highlights and your information is in black ink. It looks sharp.

BTW, here is another neat way we reached out to our straying clients using resupplying their Spot-Out as the "excuse" for the phone call. An amazing number wound up booking jobs with us during the phone call ...

http://sfs.jondon.com/5415/bhc/how-can- ... ng-clients

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I like Vacaway Poof/Green Wizard... Stronger, nice labels & it's faily inexpensive. In fact I need to order more for myself.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have had problem when the labels smudge from being on the truck.

What do I (Or jondon or bridgepoint)have to do cover them with clear tape?

The personalization deosn't work well when it ends up blurry.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Dave Yoakum said:
I have had problem when the labels smudge from being on the truck.

What do I (Or jondon or bridgepoint)have to do cover them with clear tape?

The personalization deosn't work well when it ends up blurry.
Dave,
When was the last time you tried SpotOut? We've struggled with the smudging over the years but think we have it licked.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Whichever brand you use just do the Lifetime FREE spotter idea. Single best marketing idea I ever had.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
... the absolute best part of spot out...

It will NOT set a spot permanently. And it doesn't work.. they call you.. and you can charge a spotting fee. Instead of them throwing the entire kitchen sink at it.. We have sold many consumer spotters that "worked better." but many of them could only remove so much of the spot. Afterwards it was damn near impossible to get the last little bit out. Spot out we have never had that issue.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Steve Toburen said:
Newman said:
It is a all purpose, neutral and most importantly non-toxic spotter, Norm. I'm not saying it is the best spotter out there but when you give your customers a spotter you want it to be safe above all else- to their textiles and their kids!

Proprietary secrete sauce? I have a commercial customer who wants a gallon of the product and I do not want to give them a pile of the bottles.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Newman said:
Steve Toburen said:
Newman said:

Proprietary secrete sauce? I have a commercial customer who wants a gallon of the product and I do not want to give them a pile of the bottles.
Here you go, Norm. 18.48 per gallon for the "secret sauce"!

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/advanced_ ... &image.y=4

Thanks,
Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Tell them at Jon-Don that "Steve sent me"! :)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The spotter program is a great idea.
I've been speaking with my guy about offering them. When he leased my company, he had said he wanted to try some new things.

If you can leave your image behind...it's priceless.

Magnet on the fridge, business cards, 2 gift cards for friends, spotting bottle AND a clean carpet. They won't have to look through the Googles to find "a company" next time....let's not forget about the 3 month reminders.

Steve, thanks for being old and thinking of this program early on. :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
The spotter program is a great idea... Steve, thanks for being old and thinking of this program early on. :mrgreen:
Thanks, Brian ... I think. (No one has ever thanked me for "being old" before!)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I sure wish I had negotiated a royalty with Jon-Don for the "Lifetime Free Spotter" concept 15 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom