Judson 02

ErikG

Why dont more people use use the 02 system . I believe the youtube video i seen was correct about most chems being water . Why dont more people use concentrate?

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Many of us had never heard about it until about a year ago or so, what were sales from 2 years ago compared to now?

John Watson

If not mistaken, Les just showed us the photos of my bud Ike just trying out the first batches of the O2 system about 2 years ago in a Greenville Resturant.

I haven't paid any attention to where else he is marketing it, but I believe he has a pretty good following here on MikeysBoard.

Farenheit251

My distributor was discontinuing some products and has the remaining inventory marked down 50%. I picked up a few things but when they tried to ring up the quart of HM Multiphase they had to get an override to be allowed to sell under cost. My question was why none of the other products discounted 50% were under cost. Is it really common for distributors to make 100%? I really like my distributor,know he has a lot of overhead and hope he makes a million $, but chems are getting high.

Rex Tyus

The only way someone could make 100% is if someone GAVE them something to sell. When you retail an item at twice what you paid for it that is called a 50% gross. Meaning 50% of the retail if GROSS profit. No offense but it has always been a pet peeve of mine when people say 100% profit....

There is a ridiculouos amount of over head in any retail operation. 50% is actually a fair margin on many categories.

Greenie

40% is the minimum I would require (and a fair mark up), meaning a $10 retail product is purchased at $7.15, ($7.15 x 1.40= $10.01) as I would have to buy thousands of dollars to get that margin.
And frankly, I would try and make a little more on some stuff cause it sits on the shelf longer. If I am going to invest $10,000 in chems, I need to make back as much as I can on that investment, cause every sq. ft. I'm paying rent on, every day. If you think making $14K on a $10K purchase is good, you need to stick to cleaning.

Chems are not a gold mine, they are however a good regular consumable, which positions me to offer other products that you guys might need. We all have to remain profitable, and most Cleaners live as good or better a quality of life than most Distributors.

And many Dist. go back to cleaning because of this, or clean on the side.

Back
Top Bottom