Judson Lunchpail/C4 vs AMP/SteamWay Storm

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I received a mailer that had the new AMP machines that are basically the same as the Powermatic and the Mastermatic of years past. I understand that the Steam Way name can again be used for these machines.

Anyway, I see that one of these models is the Steam Way Storm. It has a 30 hp Kohler engine, a 220,000 btu on demand fuel oil heating system, and a 5cp Cat pump adjustable and useable pressures upt to 3000 psi at 4.2 GPM.

I don't know the price, but assume it is similar to the Judson Mikey has? Anyway, it just seemed like a good comparison from a componants angle.

I am thinking the Storm is a simpler machine than my Powermatic that has all the whistles and bells, but that the Storm should out perform my Powermatic.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Are you just stuck on having a Steamway?

Kinda like dear old Dad was stuck on Fords?

G

something tells me your going to be a real big tire kicker save us all some time and buy a recoil and be done with it

Mikey P

Administrator
Take a good long look at a real Steam Way or AMP knock off and when the head ache subsides take a short sweet look at a Judson.

My Steamway came with a 2 inch thick manual and I could still not figure out what the hell all that plumbing does.

My Judson came with a 4 inch sticker on the front.

Super easy to work on and access all components. 135 gallon recovery 4.8 dual splash. What more could you want in a slide in?

If you want it to look like a Lamborghini grill give Les and extra 3 grand.

CanYouHemiNow

Mikey P said:
If you want it to look like a Lamborghini grill give Les and extra 3 grand.

Actually, I was thinking a water jet cutout of a lions head would look nice... :roll:

R

R W

Loren Egland said:
I received a mailer that had the new AMP machines that are basically the same as the Powermatic and the Mastermatic of years past. I understand that the Steam Way name can again be used for these machines.

Anyway, I see that one of these models is the Steam Way Storm. It has a 30 hp Kohler engine, a 220,000 btu on demand fuel oil heating system, and a 5cp Cat pump adjustable and useable pressures upt to 3000 psi at 4.2 GPM.

I don't know the price, but assume it is similar to the Judson Mikey has? Anyway, it just seemed like a good comparison from a componants angle.

I am thinking the Storm is a simpler machine than my Powermatic that has all the whistles and bells, but that the Storm should out perform my Powermatic.

Wasn't Powerclean relabeling Genesis machines a few years ago? I swear I had seen a Genesis in SW blue at a CAD at a Steamway dealer in Ohio.

I could be wrong......maybe.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Mike is correct on this one. When I stopped and took a look at his Luchpail I said "hey where is... Oh it doesn't have one...... That is how the conversation went. It just doesn't have one. Les crap is good. Little pun on the "Les" part. Although mine may win for the most homely TM made since it is unpainted. Oh yeah the paint doesn't peel because it doesn't have one!
Al

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
R W said:
Wasn't Powerclean relabeling Genesis machines a few years ago? I swear I had seen a Genesis in SW blue at a CAD at a Steamway dealer in Ohio.

I could be wrong......maybe.

Nah, your right Rob. Steamway private labeled the Genesis 56 and the Victory when they were looking for heat exchange machines. We even had a few make their way over here in the Steamway Blue.

Jim

randy

Name
Randy
Resurrecting the steam way name would be like be like Lexus naming their new high performance roadster the Edsel after getting permission from Ford to use the name. If Steam way couldn't couldn't sell enough of their problematic machines when owned by a rather large entity (for this industry) to stay in business, what makes you think a under capitalized mechanic /shade tree engineer can. I look for Steam way Act II to not make it past opening night on MAIN STREET. Save yourself the hassle and buy the Judson other wise you may end up spending a lot of time in the steam way grave yard scrounging for parts.

Greenie

Single wand, 125'-150' hose runs, owner operator, Greenhorn, 2.5" hose.

Do you think you (or your custies) would notice the difference of a 47 blower and a 45?

Keep the beast you got, and ride it til she gives up the ghost...or you do, and live happily ever after.
Besides do ya think the misses is gonna put up with another purchase...lol

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Just to be clear, I am not thinking of purchasing another truck mount. I love the Powermatic and all its looks and Lexus luxury.

Still, I like the lunchpail from a performance view, assuming that propane unit will deliver the heat. The 30 HP Kohler air cooled, 4.8 blower, all seems simple, reliable, reasonably priced. If I was younger and in need of a truck mount, I would seriously consider this model.

I just thought if this new Steam Way Storm had the same motor, allmost the same blower? and probably a littler higher heat, that is was a good comparison. Though I would probably prefer the all aluminum frame of the Storm. And you can pick what color you want your front panel.

I guess the Steam Way name doesn't instill fear in competitors like it used to in the old days when nothing could compare, eh Jimmy (Daddy)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom