Judson Nitro

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Can the Judson Nitro with 33 blower be upgraded to a 45? I see some of the older TNT models had 18 hp Briggs with 45 blowers.

gtech12v

if you have an 18hp engine a 36 will be better is double the vacuum of a 33 blower

Name
Lee Stockwell
Going from a 33 to a 36 will require no changes on the shaft end, either pulley or coupler. Because the blower is 3" longer, front to back, two new mounting holes will be needed along with 3" more clearance on the back. A couple of 2" to 2.5" npt adapters will allow you to use existing plumbing until you can upgrade the rest.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Yeah biggest most difficult mod will be the waste tank vacuum inlet.

Blower should be on a raised platform so drill carefully for extra mounting holes.

Throw a new pulley to fit shaft and asked Les what diameter.
Prob take different belt size
Call Les Judson

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Going from a 33 to a 36 will require no changes on the shaft end, either pulley or coupler. Because the blower is 3" longer, front to back, two new mounting holes will be needed along with 3" more clearance on the back. A couple of 2" to 2.5" npt adapters will allow you to use existing plumbing until you can upgrade the rest.

I talked with Les today and he said it's not recommended but doable. Not recommended because you will need to lower your floats in the waste tank with the extra cfms. Taking the limit down to about 40 gallons.

Reactions: GCCLee

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I upgraded mine to a 36 blower. You just have to add a few inches to the metal plate it is bolted to. 36 Blower is Almost a 45.

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
What about the waste tank issue Les mentioned? You have any issues there? Did you have to modify anything else? Do you have any pictures of this setup? I'm picking this machine up today but plan to up grade down the line. He said the Nitro with 33 can clean up to 200 residential and 300 commercial.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
What about the waste tank issue Les mentioned? You have any issues there? Did you have to modify anything else? Do you have any pictures of this setup? I'm picking this machine up today but plan to up grade down the line. He said the Nitro with 33 can clean up to 200 residential and 300 commercial.

Don, I sold that machine some time ago. The issue Les would have mentioned is having too much air velocity at the blower intake, causing waste water to get sucked into the blower.

This was not an issue for me, I would say it would have been with a 45 or especially with a 47.
To fix this, Les gave the TNT's a MUCH bigger opening for the blowers intake connection. This reduces the Velocity.

The upgrade to the 36 was cake, I simple took the sliding plate it was on, Welded another plate to the back of it for the back legs to rest on, as the only difference between the 33 and the 36 is that it is 3" longer in the back. Front is exactly the same, shaft and all.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Listen to him.

They are right if you jump to a Big blower you'll have other crap to retro and make fit.

Back
Top Bottom