judson rinse

Bucey

Name
FFA?
what determines if you use the 15 oz rate vs the 32 oz rate in the tm jug?

ascrubabove

It depends on how you meter your solution. If you meter at 2.5 gph, use the 32oz mix, or if you meter at 5 gph, use the 16oz mix.

You could be cool like me and mix at 24oz and meter at 2gph! Saves money and still gets great results :mrgreen:

ascrubabove said:
It depends on how you meter your solution. If you meter at 2.5 gph, use the 32oz mix, or if you meter at 5 gph, use the 16oz mix.

You could be cool like me and mix at 24oz and meter at 2gph! Saves money and still gets great results :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reply. I was going to say the same thing.

lance

Wouldn't the recipe be the other way around?

It seems to me that a 32 oz. rate at 2.5 gph is 4 times stronger than a 16 oz. rate at 5 gph.

One jug is twice as strong and being mixed with half as much water and the other jug that is half as strong and being mixed with twice as much water.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
lance said:
Wouldn't the recipe be the other way around?

It seems to me that a 32 oz. rate at 2.5 gph is 4 times stronger than a 16 oz. rate at 5 gph.

One jug is twice as strong and being mixed with half as much water and the other jug that is half as strong and being mixed with twice as much water.

Nope. Consider the two scenarios:

1. Mix 32oz in 5 gallons. Meter at 2.5 gallons per hour. Trigger the wand for an hour. You have sucked 2.5 gallons (half) of the 5 gallons of solution out of the jug, and thus half of the 32oz (or 16oz) of concentrate.

2. Mix 16oz in 5 gallons. Meter at 5 gallons per hour. Trigger the wand for an hour. You have sucked 5 gallons of solution out of the jug, and thus all of the 16oz of concentrate.

So, both scenarios are using the same dilution, that is 16oz of concentrate per hour of wanding. The only difference is with scenario 2 you empty the jug faster, and thus have to refill it more often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom