Judson TNT vacuum

dgargan

The vacuum isn't what I think it should be. It's not bad but it's not like the other #4 blowers I have had. There are no filters on the Judson systems so thats not the issue. I have flushed out the blower and changed the oil. When I cuff the end of the hose the vac gauge goes to 12. The vac relief isn't like any other I have had so I don't know how that works. any ideas?

Greenie

pull the cone perforated sheet metal cover off the vac releif, and tighten the nut that compresses the spring....viola' high releif point. Just stay within' blower mfg. specs.

Since a TNT has two vac ports, you would get more Net gain by using the second port and some 4 to the door action, with or without the relief valve adjustment.

Greenie

I should have known that a Bamaian would consider adjusting the vacuum releif....pimping.

Leftie and Rightie are gonna have your ass....and rightly so.

Soon runnig 4 2 the door will require an IICRC passing grade on the test.

dgargan

Thanks Greenie. I'll take that cone off and tighten it down. My guys may bitch about running two vac lines but if it helps I'll make them do it.

Greenie

On the high performance level....great, you'll have the relief valve set at level that will maximize your 2" hose.

On a physics level, you wouldn't have had to make any adjustments if you were providing a path of least resistance and running the 4 2 the door already, on a 100' hose run, to have 2 Fifty footers evacuating the contents of a single 2" hose from a single 2" wand just makes the whole system work easier, and provides more NET lift at the wand, hence drying carpet faster.

On an employee/training level, I could give a hoot if the employees like the additional 60 sec. of set up and break down, they will work faster anyways, it's actually a net time reduction with a improved job quality, so just git er done and be done with it.

And yes, investing $250 into a 2.5 set up would reduce the "perceived" PITA factor and still deliver the above improvements.

But...you probably Already have the 2" Y from when you split off and tag team upholstery, just flip it around and show the boys how it's done. and you ain't gotta buy squat.

Mikey P

Administrator
Try running six feet of hose off both inlets to a Y with a foot long section to your inline filter (if you use one) then your hose to the house.

Greenie

Yes, that will 'help'.

If nothing else it separates the dirty water into two airstreams and improves vacuum. Even better if you have two filters ala' Jim Martin style after the Y.

But If I'm gonna train some chimps, they might as well run two full length hoses on a #4 blower running at 85% to maximize.

and then...you can quit f'n around and put 100' of 2.5 on the truck and never look back.

admiralclean said:
Shouldn't a BB favorite manufacture a TM that does not require pimping by the owner?

Of a book like "TM for Idiots" just for Mardee. Chapter 1 could be screwdriver uses and chapter 2 could be on how to dual wand.

ascrubabove

Also take the blower plumbing off the tank and shine a flashlight down there, if anyone did any dry vac'n you will see alot of hair and trash on the little cross bars in the hole. use long neddle nose pliers and pull the trash out

dgargan

Looks like the spring adjustment may be broke. When we turn the nut the spring does not adjust up or down. The nut does move but not the spring. Do I need a new one or can this be fixed?

Name
Nate W.
dgargan said:
Looks like the spring adjustment may be broke. When we turn the nut the spring does not adjust up or down. The nut does move but not the spring. Do I need a new one or can this be fixed?

I believe you and the foot valve. I have the same. The shaft that the spring sits on is basically a long bolt that's mated to the plunger or flat disk that lets the air into the tank. That whole piece spins when you turn the nut. You need to either a needle nosed pliers to hold the shaft or take off the foot valve and adjust it. I mounted mines on a prochem waste tank lid, so it can come off with the lid.

Also, if you kept turning the nut, check to see if the oring is still good. Possibly might be damaged?

dgargan said:
The vacuum isn't what I think it should be. It's not bad but it's not like the other #4 blowers I have had. There are no filters on the Judson systems so thats not the issue. I have flushed out the blower and changed the oil. When I cuff the end of the hose the vac gauge goes to 12. The vac relief isn't like any other I have had so I don't know how that works. any ideas?
David,

You might want to give me a call and we can go over several things to check. The replies you have received so far on the board are good suggestions, but there is one other thing you might want to try. Replace the muffler on the blower. If it is over 2 – 4 years old, it needs to be replaced anyway. As you can see, it is an automotive turbo muffler. There are quite a few turbos that can be used for replacement. The turbos we use on new units are fiberglass insulated and are the quietest turbo mufflers available. They cost around $65. We weld a chrome tip on the muffler and repaint the muffler. The retail price is around $110 to replace a factory turbo muffler. You can use a turbo muffler from Advance Auto Parts. The number of this turbo muffler is 17715. It is made by Thrush and only costs around $20. This turbo will work fine. It is just slightly louder.

clean one

I have that muffler les has listed there. Had to cut the hole bigger in the front panel for 2" outlet. David check the pipe going from the tank to the blower, i have replaced mine it was rusting out from the inside had small pin holes in it. When you have that pipe off look down into the tank there is plate with holes in it welded in there. if someone had been running it with out filters trash can get built up in them holes flush it out with water hose. Yes you have to hold the center of that adjuster and turn the nut to tighten it up. Also check both screw lid caps i had one crack in the middle when under vac load it would open up.
oh yea i run two 2" vac hoses off machine to 2 pool filters to a Y , and i have taken my screw in barbs out of tank and went to lowes and bought 2 rubber couplers forget the name of them , but the hose cuff end fits good into them every little bit helps

Hope some of these tips helps if not give Les a call

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom