Judson Truckmounts?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I was perusing Greenies site and looking at the Judsons. Are these units working their way up towards the upper part of the price scale or am I totally out of the loop in respect to what truckmounts cost? Or am I just misinformed?

Doug Cox said:
I was perusing Greenies site and looking at the Judsons. Are these units working their way up towards the upper part of the price scale or am I totally out of the loop in respect to what truckmounts cost? Or am I just misinformed?
Doug,

I don’t know when the last time was you checked our prices. There has been an increase in the last 3 years due to the quadruple price increase of stainless. We make our recovery tanks out of 11 gauge stainless steel 304. A lot of manufacturers that offer stainless recovery tanks make them out of very thin stainless to lower their cost. We decided to not alter our design to cut costs. We have always made them out of 11 gauge and we are the only manufacturer that has a lot of units that are still in operation in excess of 25 years. The heavy duty construction of our recovery tanks is one of the contributing factors. If you look at the price of our new C-4, it is $17,500. It is a larger recovery tank than the TNT. The capacity is 150 gallons. Also the C-4 will sustain 240 degrees on a high flow wand. If you compare the performance of our units to a competitor’s unit, you will see that the C-4 is an extremely good value.

This is a picture of a TNT stainless recovery tank before it is assembled. Stainless tanks rinse extremely clean. If you look inside of one of our truckmounts that is extremely old like 20 -25 years, it looks new. There is no corrosion.

Picture1819499694.jpg

This is a photograph of a competitor’s aluminum recovery tank. All aluminum recovery tanks form electrolysis. This tank is about 6 – 8 years old and as you can see the electrolysis is pitting through the aluminum. There are some spots on this tank where it is completely corroded through to the outside of the tank due to electrolysis. This is one of the reasons we don’t use aluminum.

Picture1819499712.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ron Werner said:
the C4 is an awesome machine. Dang near sucked my fingers off my hand.
Love the sound of it, strong, and quiet.
And SO simple!

Isn't the C-4 the same machine you have?

Name
Nate W.
Chris Adkins said:
[quote="Ron Werner":2zu247my]the C4 is an awesome machine. Dang near sucked my fingers off my hand.
And SO simple!

Isn't the C-4 the same machine you have?[/quote:2zu247my]

Ron's has a propane powered 25hp I believe. Other then that, it's almost the same.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Chris Adkins":2139ov8x][quote="Ron Werner":2139ov8x]the C4 is an awesome machine. Dang near sucked my fingers off my hand.
And SO simple!

Isn't the C-4 the same machine you have?[/quote:2139ov8x]

Ron's has a propane powered 25hp I believe. Other then that, it's almost the same.[/quote:2139ov8x]
I believe Ron has the Can-Am. Not sure of all the differences but the silencer among them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think the price has gone up on all units in the last several years.

A few years ago we looked at a Thermal Wave and we were over $25,000.00 and I couldn't believe it. The liquid cooled TM's use to in the $17,000.00-$18,000.00 range.

I'm sure all their components and materials have gone up and they are just forced to pass it on. :(

Bob Foster

Ron's machine is the CanAm which has a factory propane Kohler with a slightly different blower.

The C4 has a larger blower and a larger waste tank with a larger gas powered engine.

They are basically built the same way with the same materials except for their perspective sizes.

Spurling

Hey Les .. how about making the TNT with the main components flip flopped .. so when you slide it in the side door but up against the divider, you would be able to get to the engine with ease .. is that an option ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom