Judson vs. El Diablo

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Does anyone have experience with both? I'm still a little way away from buying, just want to be smart. I live about 2 hours away from closest major distributor/servicer. I've become pretty handy with my simple Chem Tex 20HP machine. I payed cash for it almost 900 hours ago and it has payed for itself many times over. The only time I've taken it in was when it was new to have the gas line tapped. I LOVE the simplicity. I HATE that I'm always worried about the waste tank filling with hot water. I would also consider a reliable CDS I think. I don't want to spend 75 grand on a Butler however. Should I consider something used? Just looking to be educated...thanks!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
If you want simple and don't mind propane Judson is the way to go. Go with a #4 lg heater and you will have crazy heat. Parts are easy to get for the heater and every thing else you can buy local.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I love my Judson TNT more everyday. I can do a quick video of me getting it setup if ya want. Not the quietest machine, but not the loudest. Comforting to know I can get almost anything fixed before morning locally by myself.

Let me know.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I love my Judson TNT more everyday. I can do a quick video of me getting it setup if ya want. Not the quietest machine, but not the loudest. Comforting to know I can get almost anything fixed before morning locally by myself.

Let me know.

Hey Brad,
I'd like to see a video if its not too much trouble. Also wondering if the C4 would be a good choice because the price is just a little higher but stronger performance? I saw somewhere that Judson might have a Heat Exchange unit sometime soon. Any info on that? It will realistically probably be another year before I'm ready to buy. Things can get out of hand pretty quick though when you're a 1 man show. We doubled our sales from '11 to '12 and I just want to be ready to jump when it's time.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I get 1 hour dry times w/ my TNT, if that answers any questions.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I can consistently get the carpet feeling almost dry by the time I'm leaving, using a CanAm, predecessor to Mike Draper's C4. His C4 runs REALLY quiet compared to mine, combination of the new blower style and the improved silencer. I'm running 15 flow at 500psi and still keeping it over 200F and I haven't even got the 4HT all the way up.
Its easy to fix, not that it needs fixing, just need to know how to replace brass fittings or a hose and snug-up the belts. Had mine for 5yrs almost and worst thing was replacing the engine, my fault really for not giving the engine enough cooling air movement.
If I were buying a TM today it would be a C4. Or I did hear Les is tinkering so his new creation may be even better.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The Judson's are going to be a serious consideration soon. I live 2.5 hours from closest Interlink and even further to JonDon. I've become somewhat handy and its so attractive to have a machine that just plain works, and when it doesn't...I can fix it. Les looks like be understands what a cleaner like me wants in those YouTube videos.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Name
BradFenstermaker
Russ I will see what I can do 2morrow. Just don't make fun of my Manly southern draw. Marty and Mikey are just jealous of my voice quality.

Name
BradFenstermaker
It was North Carolina Pig Poop. What I paid for my whole set up wouldn't even get a Machine by itself. I was really lucky to find this sweet deal. I am very thankful for it too.

Judson takes up less space IMO than your favorite's.

Mike Draper

I suppose it needs to last longer than a painted steel frame would in a often wet outdoor environment. Painted steel is cutting corners. Stainless steel is doing it the right way

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I played around w/ 7.5 vs 10 flow on my VT14 wand, and didn't see much of a difference in how long a room took nor cleaning. Most of my jobs are hardly ever trashed. So with that said, I always got 1 hour dry times w/ that setup, regardless of the temps and RH's (that's Relative Humidity btw). Same thing w/ that 2 inch ti tube stair wand. Now w/ the 360i is a different story, I need to get the smaller jets to get the carpets drier. Friend of mine has a 35/47 C4 and he says he gets 2 hours dry times using his setup w/ the 360i, mine are no where near that, and I do at least 1-2 (sometimes 3) dry passes w/ the 360i, not always hi flow. I hardly ever use the wand now that I've gotten the 360, the wand just sits.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
If the motor/tranny goes at the same time on my V, im going to gut it, and put in a crate Chevy 350/700R4 and stick 2 Judsons in the back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom