Just a little repair I had to do

Chads

Supportive Member
This is my heat exchanger out of my steam action I had to remove it after it started leaking and fill my cylinder of my engine over night. didn't know that until I went to start the motor for a big day of work and it wouldnt start and made a horiiable backfire turn it over just a couple more times and could tell it had too much compression. stopped it and pulled the plugs and spun it over and looked like a water hose. so here is a pic of where I took it out of the other one the other side is a duplicate heat exchanger that comes off both sides of the motor.
IMG_3139.jpg

Greenie

It's not quite a nick-o-weld but it'll have to do.

What did ya do to move the HX height so this can't happen again?

ps: SteamAction HX could be much more efficient....lol

RickL

Greenie said:
It's not quite a nick-o-weld but it'll have to do.

[=quote] :shock:
Man I think those are sweet but I can't weld worth crap nice job
(I know or at least I hope you were jk greenie

Name
steve snail
Greenie can only dream of the day that the welding on the greenhorn wands are half that smooth.

Great job Chad!

Chads

Supportive Member
I didnt weld it but did all the prep work and found a friend who does it for a living that let him do it because he does it every day I can tig weld but just dont have a tig welder. but either way pretty simple design.

Chads

Supportive Member
did I mention after fixing this problem that I had to take the motor apart because of a blown head gasket I took pics of the process I might post them later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom