Just an idea

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We have been marketing to prop managers. It's a small town but we now have 4 of the biggest ones. It's a tough market to gain if you want to keep your prices up. My big sales pitch for the new ones is to visit them (as many times as it takes) and tell them when their regular guy says "It can't be cleaned due to an odor problem and you have to replace it". Call me and if I can't make it come out good enough that you have to replace the carpet then there is no charge. It usually takes 2 or 3 jobs and they are our regular client because they don't want to deal with two cleaners. We use a subsurface disinfection extraction and are not bashful about spending what it takes in cleaning and deodorizing agents to get it right. We just did one for $600.00. It was about 700 sf. We did our thing, left air movers and a dehu for a few days and 99% of the odor was gone. From their point of view the deposit covered the cleaning but to replace would be over $2000.00 and the owner would likely be out anything over the 700 cleaning deposit. My meager contribution to the board for what I have gleaned here.
al

John Watson

Beware, With my experience with them they are natorisly slow pay and I swear it seams like your fees come out of their pocket or profits..Don't keep all your eggs in that basket..

Farenheit251

5 of my 6 management companies pay everything in 30 days. I have had a few problems with small operators,individual owners who pinch pennies but fired them.

You've dialed in to the biggest problem they have. They will happily spend all the deposit, but if they have to go to the owner and ask fr carpet replacement money while the owner is paying the mortgage out of pocket, they will likely lose the management. Around here management companies sell for $1000 per management under contract.

Greenie

Al, you got soem judson Quat-a-lot for your secret weapon, right?

2 oz. in a gallon is brutal on odor for subsurface extraction.

G

Around hear,700.00 was 3/4 of the replacement for standard FHA for 700 sq ft.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
tear up, dispose, new tack strip, maybe seal some flooring, new pad, and install will hit 3 per sf.
al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom