Just booked room and flight

Becker

Name
Becker
Last time I was there they had these things called car rental agencies. All of them were lined up in one location. This magical place is a short free ( if ya don't tip ) shuttle bus ride from the airport.
There you can rent a car for a fee, keep it till you fly home, and again taking a free shuttle back to the airport.

Reactions: Mikey P

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
That does sound like a magical place................ass hole. I just bought a rug cleaning shop that has been closed for 2 years and it's the middle of winter and this place is costing more than it's making so far so not a lot of funds to go around. Are you parting with any of your hard earned funds to make it to the fest for once?? Are you getting 1 of these practically free cars to get around? I could help with the gas.

Becker

Name
Becker
I've been. To a fest Kevin.

I did not say the cars were free!
Just the shuttle ride.

:)
Cars are cheap, missing a flight is not,because your promised ride is passed out between his room and the hot tub, and now where to be found after a final night if drinking.

For less than $10.00 and a few buses later it is only a short 2 hr 35 mile jaunt.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The shuttle isn't free this time. It's nearly an hour from the airport, its one of those services.

I see Kevin at everything, even events I don't go to I see he did. He's well acquainted with Mikeyfest, Summerfest and SFS, you name it, he's there. :icon_cool:

Kevin somewhere there is a thread with others arrival time and those with cars saying whether they had room.

Maybe start a new arrival thread. ???

Becker

Name
Becker
Payless car rental out of San Jose. 125 out the door. Thursday to Sunday.

Some how wheelright assumed I was his driver after I gave him a lift to an event. How did that happen.

Kirk and dirk had a car. They drive from airport to the grange. Then no lie it sat there for the safely of Santa Cruz till the drive back to airport.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
F

FB7777

Payless car rental out of San Jose. 125 out the door. Thursday to Sunday.

Some how wheelright assumed I was his driver after I gave him a lift to an event. How did that happen.

Kirk and dirk had a car. They drive from airport to the grange. Then no lie it sat there for the safely of Santa Cruz till the drive back to airport.
Hey, Don,

You seem to be really good at finding great deals on flights and rentals

Could you tell me where to check cheapest car rentals out of San Francisco? Best rate I could find was $210 total for 3 days

Thanks
Fred

Becker

Name
Becker
ypu7esed.jpg

Reactions: dealtimeman

Becker

Name
Becker
8are5uhy.jpg

Sidestep. Or kayak I think they to by now. Expedia. A lot of times you are best to bundle a car and or hotel with your flight ( carrier )

Payless car rental is ok, I've rented from them in Vegas. If you decile insurance like I ) State Farm and Amex black have me covered ) look the car over sharply and mark everything. Return it fu with receipt I. Hand.

Reactions: dealtimeman

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think San Jose is the closest airport, but there are flights from San Fransisco, Oakland and Monterry that are all a reasonable distance. I am flying in and out of Oakland. Saved enough on the difference airport to pay for a couple days of car rental. I can be some help with rides.

Lefty724

Name
E
If anyone is flying into Monterey Thursday/Friday, I can probably give you a ride up to the Fest since I'm only about 10 min from Monterey Airport.

Once I get you up there, your Mikey's responsibility!!!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So Kevin,
You have any idea how much the whole trips going to cost(estimate)? I'm also in IL, would love to go sometime.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Sorry Coop, just got back to this thread. I hadn't really thought about it. Pretty much charging everything except the cash in Mikeys hand. Probably $1000 when it's all done.

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom