Just bought a waste tank with HM Heat Exchangers, can it be modified? (pic)

Name
I'm Rick James
View attachment 3120

The HX is for a cds and runs radiator fluid through it. Would it be possible to run an aircooled engine through this to create heat? If not, what would be a good price for the two of them to sell?

Name
Brad Gouveia
I think it would hold up to the heat. Not sure if the diameter would cause too much back flow pressure on the engine or not. Would need more info like, what engine, what diameter size is the exhaust, and what is the diameter on the hx tube (3/4 or 1" I forget). I would think you could maybe do one two might be too long.

Odds are your better off selling than messing up your engine.

I think those hx tube cost about $600 new.

Name
I'm Rick James
I think it would hold up to the heat. Not sure if the diameter would cause too much back flow pressure on the engine or not. Would need more info like, what engine, what diameter size is the exhaust, and what is the diameter on the hx tube (3/4 or 1" I forget). I would think you could maybe do one two might be too long.

Odds are your better off selling than messing up your engine.

I think those hx tube cost about $600 new.

I was worried about the back pressure as well. Its just a 21 hp briggs.

Becker

Name
Becker
Is it a liquid heat exchanger or a exhaust heat exchanger.. To me, it looks like it could be a liquid heat exchanger.

Name
Brad Gouveia
yes it is suppose to be liquid. I would say tie it into your van and preheat you water tank if you want to use it, or hold on to it and you might be able to sell it... Winter is around the corner I am sure someone will freeze one up and need one.

You can also sell it to someone that want a little more heat on there current cds. Mine had 3 on it and was fairly hot. One got a leak and I ran on two.

Name
I'm Rick James
yes it is suppose to be liquid. I would say tie it into your van and preheat you water tank if you want to use it, or hold on to it and you might be able to sell it... Winter is around the corner I am sure someone will freeze one up and need one.

You can also sell it to someone that want a little more heat on there current cds. Mine had 3 on it and was fairly hot. One got a leak and I ran on two.

I'm just going to sell the two HX and buy a propane heater. What price should I sell them at?

I read they are $600-$700 new.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom