just encapped my livingroom

cleaningfool

was not impressed. I used peroxicap from Groom Solutions. I'm I expecting to much? I used a counter rotating brush machine. Raised the nap nicely, just doesn't look alot different. Can i mix a deo with it ? The smell is not to pleasant. Thanks Mike

cleaningfool said:
was not impressed. I used peroxicap from Groom Solutions. I'm I expecting to much? I used a counter rotating brush machine. Raised the nap nicely, just doesn't look alot different. Can i mix a deo with it ? The smell is not to pleasant. Thanks Mike

I can guarantee you that your carpets are ruined. Why would you encap your carpet? Watch my vacuum demo. I am sure I am vacuuming up dried residual shampoo polymer. That stuff is almost impossible to get completely out. Maybe it will all come out after 50 vacuumings.

cleaningfool

daniel, the spray i used is peroxicap encapsulation cleaner/carpet prespray. my interlink suppler recommended it. do you not recommend it? mike

cleaningfool said:
daniel, the spray i used is peroxicap encapsulation cleaner/carpet prespray. my interlink suppler recommended it. do you not recommend it? mike

You can use whatever you want. The product you mentioned is a pre spray. I checked some out at my suppliers the other day. It is a prespray with poymer technology and peroxide. You can mix that up yourself. It needs to be rinsed out or extracted. There is nothing wrong with encapping a customers carpet, but do you really want your carpet full of polymer. I guess it is better to have polymer than dog urine though. :wink:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cleaningfool said:

first off, counter rotating brush machines are the least effective to encRap sCampoo with.

bonnets or pads under a rotary are much more effective as far appearance when encRapping

I don't know anything about the juice you used , but every encRap sCampoo I've tried on cut piles, left it stiff and crunchy when the dry

BTW, if you know how to steam clean "right", you won't be all that impressed with encRap sCampooing.
...regardless of tools used

Having said that.... that doesn't mean there's not a place for bonnet or pad encRap sCampooing
But it AIN'T in residential.....
It's best used on loop pile in com establishments where they'll never have their shoes off

..L.T.A.

cleaningfool

thanks for your replays. we are going to replace the carpet in my house in a couple of week, so no harm done to my old carpet. I have some new accounts that the custys are interested in low moister. Thanks Mike

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You didn't ruin your carpet. Encap residue, if not mashed in over months of reapplications with no extraction, can be rinsed out without too much trouble. I wouldn't use it on my own carpet at home either.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
cleaningfool said:

Encap products with peroxide as an ingredient are meant to be used in certain situations where the peroxide offers some benefit. For example, peroxide can white whites or brighten colors like other oxygen additives. Peroxicap has many uses but I would not suggest it as a premier general purpose encapsulating product.

I am not sure why your Interlink distributor did not suggest Encapuclean Green Double Strength. Encap Green will give more noticable results in most cases.

BTW - I am not a big fan of any encap cleaning for residential carpet. I prefer to use HWEon the cut pile Saxony carpets or the Berbers found in so many homes, especially if young children are in the home.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Try some snake oil... I gaurantee you'll like it in terms of scent, cleaning power & usage cost. It even has a bit of odor nuetralizer...

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Your CRB was meant to either pre scrub your encap when used in residential carpet and encap commercial carpet. You cannot just straight encap your home carpets, especially when using just a a crb machine, no one would be impressed. If you're going to try something new, do some study on it, talk to people, than try it for yourself. Don't just take some pre spray and a tool, and expect to look great.

Motivated

I know nothing about encap and am curious. I read one post and it is all about how great encap is and then I read another post and read how bad it is.

I need a "encap for dummies" or encap 101 post so i can sort all this out. I have only used hot water extraction but am willing to learn something new.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Motivated said:
I know nothing about encap and am curious. I read one post and it is all about how great encap is and then I read another post and read how bad it is.

I need a "encap for dummies" or encap 101 post so i can sort all this out. I have only used hot water extraction but am willing to learn something new.

go to excellentsupply.com and click on the video.. its intended as an interim cleaning method for commercial carpeting and can be used as a tool to fix certain cleaning problems.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Motivated said:

first you need a rotary, some bonnets and/or VCT pads, either white or beige.
Then get a gal of juice from Jeremy, or Rick (encapman), or Steve Smith (Vac-a-Way) or what your local supplier has on the shelf and shampoo a com carpet.

That's what you're doing ..."shampooing".
It's nothing new and is an old method that was used before steam cleaning dominated the market due to it's superiority .
"encapping" is a term coined by Rick (I "think" ) when some chemist added pixie dust to the shampoo.

As the fairy tale is told, this pixie dust magically "encapsulates" the dirt into a neat tidy little bundle of joy that gets vacced up by the janitor/office cleaning staff days/weeks latter.

In reality, it's a shampoo with a less sticky/soil attracting residue compared to some of the shampoos and/or bonnet cleaners of yesteryear .

..L.T.A.

Motivated

meAt said:
Motivated said:

first you need a rotary, some bonnets and/or VCT pads, either white or beige.
Then get a gal of juice from Jeremy, or Rick (encapman), or Steve Smith (Vac-a-Way) or what your local supplier has on the shelf and shampoo a com carpet.

That's what you're doing ..."shampooing".
It's nothing new and is an old method that was used before steam cleaning dominated the market due to it's superiority .
"encapping" is a term coined by Rick (I "think" ) when some chemist added pixie dust to the shampoo.

As the fairy tale is told, this pixie dust magically "encapsulates" the dirt into a neat tidy little bundle of joy that gets vacced up by the janitor/office cleaning staff days/weeks latter.

In reality, it's a shampoo with a less sticky/soil attracting residue compared to some of the shampoos and/or bonnet cleaners of yesteryear .

..L.T.A.

Let me get this straight, You put some chemical on the carpet, hit it with a rotary and a pad, and let the customer finish the job? Does it look clean when you leave the job or does it get clean as time goes on?

No wonder the mills recommend HWE.

Motivated

sweendogg said:
Motivated said:

go to excellentsupply.com and click on the video.. its intended as an interim cleaning method for commercial carpeting and can be used as a tool to fix certain cleaning problems.

That is a great video. Thank you. I noticed he did a small area and demonstrated how soiled the pad was. How often do you have to stop and change these pads out?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Motivated said:
Let me get this straight, You put some chemical on the carpet, hit it with a rotary and a pad, and let the customer finish the job?

yep, that's pretty much it in a nut shell

Does it look clean when you leave the job or does it get clean as time goes on?

No it doesn't look cleaner as time goes on.
it does "improve" the appearance right away though.

those of us who have roto scrubed and extracted for years have always noticed that the appearance improves with just the scrub.... before the wand runs over it

there's also two schools of encRapping.

one school is to use VCT type pads and has been commonly referred to as "scrub 'N run" sCapooing
The other school is to use bonnets. either cotton, synthetic, or blends .
The thinner bonnets are also called pads

That's really bonnet cleaning (I call it "spray 'n wipe) and is a better method if you actually want to remove some soil, rather than simply swirling the dirt around in the pixie dust sauce

However if the carpet is anything beyond light soil, if you run a wand over either method immediately after (while still damp) you'll see rather large improvement

Bonnet cleaning is a good interim cleaning method for many com applications.
There's plenty folks making a bundle of off of scrub 'n run cleaning too

..L.T.A.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Larry you surely are passionate.

Encap is a great tool for COMMERCIAL maintenance. Periodic HWE cleaning is still a good idea. However the encap process can extend the interval of HWE cleanings, keeping the carpet looking good for an extended period of time. I've never been a fan of recommending encap for residential. Some guys do it. But I still feel that HWE is the most efficient way to service a residential carpet. Use encap as it's intended - it's an indispensable tool to have in your toolbox if you do a lot of commercial work.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jeremy said:
Try some snake oil... I gaurantee you'll like it in terms of scent, cleaning power & usage cost. It even has a bit of odor nuetralizer...

ok trade my last 3 gallons of snake oil for a case of rickys...

rickys smells better and works better in my opinon...

lance

The Cimex is built with N'cap in mind. One of the best scrubbers you can buy.

You can also use (with a cimex or without) an OP machine to encap with. The glad pads pick up lots of dirt and leave the encap to do its job. Most guys don't want to have dirty pads to clean after the job.

I think the commercial job should be HWE a couple times before you start the encap process.....the cleaner it is the better the juice can work. CRB the prespray in and high-flow HWE the dirt out. Almost like having a "new" canvass to work on.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
encapman said:
Larry you surely are passionate.

just a flair for description is all.... :wink:
and I figured I would help while Jimmy is on hiatus ... :mrgreen:

as Lance pointed out, the only reason you sell more Cimexes is cause cleaners don't want the hassle of changing diapers and washing dirty laundry ...or you'd be selling Orbots 5 to 1 over 'mexes

cause it's clearly a superior method for soiled com

..L.T.A.

A

amazingcleansc

I encap my house every few months, and it always looks fine. Bridgepoint encapuclean green ds. usually and bridgepoint encapuclean with maxim this last time. It always looks fine, and behaves just fine. It was crispy after applying the Encapuclean with maxim, but nothing looks better for if you are trying to stage a place to sell than encap with a crb.

green guy

Realease it encap is the only one I'll use. We bill over 100,000 per year right now with that product commercially.(BTW this is only our first year) I HAVE yet to loose a demo. I use it with a few different tevhnique's to produce a killer aesthetic. And it has an awesome place in the res. setting. During your pre-cleaning inspection with the custy you'll find out what spot's always have a tendency to reapear, save a re-do and post spot it/them with Release it ds. How about delicate fabrics you would otherwise consider walking on. Ive tried it and have been impressed. Come on none of you experts have ever tried it on some nasty bull nosing or steps after extraction? It can truly be a valued asset. I love pulling it out of the "Tool Box". Come on Rick you should be preaching here!!

randy

Name
Randy
first off, counter rotating brush machines are the least effective to encRap sCampoo with.

What bullshit, A whittiker style CRB with the yellow brushes will out scrub any machine out there including the Cimex.
Sure the Whittiker is just as OVER-Priced as the CIMEX (people selling them have worked hard keeping the price overly inflated) but it will match it results wise and actually lift the pile instead of grinding it with a pad originally designed to strip a floor. There are good reasons why several manufacturers don't want a Cimex used on their carpet. Some don't want any type of spinning pad used at all.

Original poster: Check out DSC spinvac, Vacaway products, Cobbs encap juice, Judson snake oil or Harvard Bonedry. All will get you fantastic results.

Todd Anthony

randy said:

What bullshit, A whittiker style CRB with the yellow brushes will out scrub any machine out there including the Cimex.
Sure the Whittiker is just as OVER-Priced as the CIMEX (people selling them have worked hard keeping the price overly inflated) but it will match it results wise and actually lift the pile instead of grinding it with a pad originally designed to strip a floor. There are good reasons why several manufacturers don't want a Cimex used on their carpet. Some don't want any type of spinning pad used at all.

Original poster: Check out DSC spinvac, Vacaway products, Cobbs encap juice, Judson snake oil or Harvard Bonedry. All will get you fantastic results.

Hey Randy, Can you use the yellow brushes with out ruining the carpet?

yellow brush:

Severely matted commercial grade low loop pile carpets. Not for regular use, only for severe, "one-time" restoration cleaning. Consult carpet manufacturer and seek approval prior to use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom