Just here to brag

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I got to go help with a VCT job today that was neat as hell!

This guy in Decatur Illinois is making tinted finish for VCT. It was a real world test he was doing today putting finish in a animal clinic and it will be stripped off in 3 weeks to finish the test.

We applied finish with Red, Blue and smoke tinting in high gloss finish. This stuff was awesome to say the least. You could put your hands in the bucket of finish and got no color stain on your skin. As the finish dried on the floor after 3 coats it had a perfect shine but with a tinting almost like window tint.

In 3 weeks the other 5 business owners and myself will go back and strip the floors to see if there is any staining of the tiles.

I for one hope this stuff works because I would love to sell my customers on the idea of changing the look of their VCT for no more money than they spend now.

When we go to strip I will get pics but we were not allowed to take any pictures of it today.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ron Werner said:
no before pics?
what will be the frame of reference?

Because of paper work he is going to file on the products he is mixing he wanted no pictures taken at this time.

When we go back to strip we can take pics of the floor before and after the strip and then again when a new color is put down if the tile did not turn color. If the tile is colored then we will not be re coating as he will have to pay for new tile :lol:

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh Bawb has gotta check that link out! Psychedelic man!

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
From what I understand from his email they make it 2 ways.

1. It stays on forever

2. It can be stripped but the only testing they have done was to apply it to VCT then remove it after it cured. He did say the tile was white after they stripped it but again it was removed after they applied it.

The stuff I was working with that night was just tinted so you can still see through it to the tile.

Back
Top Bottom